PDA

View Full Version : Bell Vortex anyone got one?

blackdog
22nd February 2012, 15:13
Thought I better run it past you guys before I hit the buy now button.

Impressions please. Also not sure whether to go flat black or the RSD graphics.

HenryDorsetCase
22nd February 2012, 15:47
Do they fit? I had Bell helmets for years till they went broke and went to Shoei. Saw the new Bells and tried a bunch of them on: they didnt fit me. I have an Alien shaped head and the bells are for round heads. Sad because I wanted one and was going to buy....

I did buy a Bell Helmets T shirt though.

blackdog
22nd February 2012, 16:02
Maybe I should track one down to try for fit. My head is AGV shaped and this is a big step for me to be changing brands after years of wearing them.

baffa
22nd February 2012, 16:43
I second the try before you buy.
Oh and Matte black, there is no other way.

blackdog
22nd February 2012, 16:55
I second the try before you buy.
Oh and Matte black, there is no other way.

A quick search hasn't showed up any retailers with them unfortunately. Will investigate further.

Madness
22nd February 2012, 19:51
My head is AGV shaped.

I thought you looked a bit funny. I have a Suomy Vandal, similar shape to Shoei but I take a XXL Suomy & XL Shoei. I can't get my noggin into an AGV.

Motomail stock a good selection of Bell helmets. Maybe a flight norf is in order again?

Cracker
22nd February 2012, 19:56
NZ market uses Euro Bell helmets. I bought a great US$500 Bell Star Rally Helmet from USA, measurred the head and matched it with there chart. It arrives 1 week latter, no GST. Great Helmet and way to big. The Yanks are fat heads. It was meant for track riding, now I'm using the $99 HJC for track work. The perfect fit was the Shoei that got written off. Bugger, I'll try again whenever I get to a store in the big country to actually try before buy.

Grant`
22nd February 2012, 19:56
I am much the same with Shark Helmets.... .

Have an RSF 3 yet don't seem to fit any of the other model Sharks, also don't seem to fit Airoh or Bell helmets yet Shoei's fit me perfectly