PDA

View Full Version : One rant that led to another rant & another.

Padmei
26th February 2012, 20:40
Hello is this Rant & rave?
Yes? Good I have one.

I fricking hate it when slow fuckers (70kph drivers) speed up when there is a passing lane.
I fricking hate it that they know they are doing it but look straight ahead & not in their mirrors - they speed up cos they do NOT want anyone going faster than them.

It fricking pisses me off when fuckers are right up your date when you are mellow & cruising. When you pull over & let them pass (cos sometimes you are in a hurry & know what it's like - see above rant) they cruise past at exactly 3KPH faster & keep the exact same speed you were doing when you were in front. You in turn have to drop back.

I fricking hate it when you have followed a fricking slow driver (70kph again) & waited for 40kms for a straight to pass safely which you do - safely- & drive off at 105-110 kph & then see that the fricking slow fricker is keeping the same speed as you in your mirror. That really fucks me off more than anything!

I fricking hate it when I'm sitting at the exit of the local video shop which exits right at the point where a roundabout is & all the cars have to stop there before going round the roundabout. They see you sitting there & know how hard it is to get out yet still won't waste 2 seconds of their life to let you out. They didn't even have to stop - they already are!

I fricking hate it when all the pumps are busy at the servo & cars park behind me cos i'm just a bike & won't take long & I have to put on my helmet & gloves again & then I forget to take my glasses off to put my helmet on & drop a glove on the other side of the bike & the pressures on cos they're waiting for this lame biker whereas all the other cars have long since driven off.

What else...

Hmmm I'll keeep thinking.

On a positive note
I love it when I'm cruising on my bike on a Sunday avo happy to sit way behind a car or truck & pootle along at a sedate pace & the car/truck unexpectedly pulls over & waves at you to pass. I wave back & it makes me realise there are some good fuckers around.

I guess one good fucker makes up for a lot of ignorant fuckers.

Maybe that's what our goal in life should be - be that fucker that waves the bikes past.

I feel better now. I'm off to bed.

sorry for all the cussing

pete376403
26th February 2012, 20:47
Yes to most of that but damned if I'm going to let some cage driver behind me at a gas station pressure me into hurrying up just so they can get to the pump. If anything I'll slow down a bit.

FJRider
26th February 2012, 20:53
Yes to most of that but damned if I'm going to let some cage driver behind me at a gas station pressure me into hurrying up just so they can get to the pump. If anything I'll slow down a bit.

And if they honk their horn ... I take my helmet off and walk over and ask what the problem is ... :killingme

GingerMidget
26th February 2012, 20:54
I'm gonna go positive. so, People that stop a bit further back to leave space for me to get out of minor intersections on to a busy main road.

Oh and people who move over in the lane when traffic isn't moving so lane splitters can get through safer. Wait, I do that.

One day someone is gonna bug my cage, and find out what I really think of wellington drivers. It won't be pretty, and I imagine the language may cause a sailor to blush.

mashman
26th February 2012, 21:03
Me und missus Mash often comment, on being let in/out/shown courtesy by another driver, that they must be from the UK :eek:

I frickin hate it when the lady at the garage asks me to take my helmet off when I reach the counter, after I've been standing in the queue with it on for a few minutes because it's a security risk. I won't have my helmet hair on camera thanks.

GingerMidget
26th February 2012, 21:04
Wellington drivers are a whole new breed eh Mashie

mashman
26th February 2012, 21:05
Wellington drivers are a whole new breed eh Mashie

I wouldn't limit it it Welly :rolleyes:

GingerMidget
26th February 2012, 21:06
Jesus H christ have you been to TGA?! its like the road code is merely a suggestion

mashman
26th February 2012, 21:09
Jesus H christ have you been to TGA?! its like the road code is merely a suggestion

:rofl:@suggestion... the road you are on is yours, you;ve paid taxes for it and noone else should try to take it from you, let alone complain about it... they deserve to wait.

GingerMidget
26th February 2012, 21:10
Sounds about right. Same as in the hutt it appears. God help us all in a months time.

ducatilover
26th February 2012, 21:13
I don't see why people stress so much over silly shit

mashman
26th February 2012, 21:14
Sounds about right. Same as in the hutt it appears. God help us all in a months time.

heh, the mega conspiracy starts then... many more accidents fed into an ACC probability calculation can only mean 1 thing. I'll be out a box or two of beer.

arkeo
26th February 2012, 21:14

What "TGA" is the acronym of? :o According to my guides I barely believe that there are places in NZ where road code are merely suggestions!

GingerMidget
26th February 2012, 21:16
TGA - tauranga.

Beer? wheres mine?

mashman
26th February 2012, 21:17
Beer? wheres mine?

In your fridge probably.

GingerMidget
26th February 2012, 21:18
Nah thats wine. I drank all the beer aaaaaaages ago

mashman
26th February 2012, 21:20
Nah thats wine. I drank all the beer aaaaaaages ago

Go the pub then... just watch out for drunk drivers protecting their patch

Edbear

I used to, then I had an accident that very nearly killed me. Tends to put things into perspective; now I don't stress much over anything. :cool:

arkeo
TGA - tauranga.

thank you!

Laava
26th February 2012, 21:25
Horse floats. What the fuck is up with the people that tow them?

BMWST?
26th February 2012, 21:33
i think actual Wellington Drivers are quite courteous,its all the bloody out of towners that are the impatient ones.

Swoop
27th February 2012, 07:57
Most kiwi road users have paid far too much attention to the Pirates of the Carribbean movies and have taken the saying "The code? Really it's more of a guide" to heart.

Quite so. When I am dictator of this Banana Republic they will be made illegal!
Horses are a form of transport, so they should be fucking ridden and not towed.:mad:

MSTRS
27th February 2012, 08:09
Horses are a form of transport, so they should be fucking ridden and not towed.:mad:

Careful what you wish for...the floats are towed faster than a horse can gallop AND they contain the ploppy bits.

Swoop
27th February 2012, 08:11
Careful what you wish for...the floats are towed faster than a horse can gallop AND they contain the ploppy bits.
There is absolutely no need for them to use roads since they are "offroad capable" at all times!;)

Scuba_Steve
27th February 2012, 08:15
Because it's the small things in life that matter

They're the same sort of people that lobby Govt

i think actual Wellington Drivers are quite courteous,its all the bloody out of towners that are the impatient ones.
Na we used to be then that useless bunch that have no idea about the job they are charged with (NZTA) decided pretty lights & slower speeds everywhere would be a good thing

Clockwork
27th February 2012, 09:45
Yes? Good I have one.

One?

Most kiwi road users have paid far too much attention to the Pirates of the Carribbean movies and have taken the saying "The code? Really it's more of a guide" to heart.

Just splitting hairs here but the road code is just a guide. Read the opening paragraph of this page (http://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/roadcode/introduction/)

Swoop
27th February 2012, 10:46
the road code is just a guide.

ducatilover
27th February 2012, 11:29
I used to, then I had an accident that very nearly killed me. Tends to put things into perspective; now I don't stress much over anything. :cool:
I tend to find angry people on the road are stupid and look like idiots anyway. There's no need for it, road rage is weak.

Edbear
27th February 2012, 11:36
I tend to find angry people on the road are stupid and look like idiots anyway. There's no need for it, road rage is weak.

Yup! I can understand the way people do get angry if they're under stress with work or something, but while I did get angry I stopped short of acting it out in a vehicle, safety was always first. My accident was a sheer fluke of circumstance though, and the SCU apportioned no blame to me or my vehicle which was well up to scratch.

When you see people tailgating, weaving around and shaking their fists, it doesn't look good and doesn't win them any friends, for sure.

ducatilover
27th February 2012, 11:38
Yup! I can understand the way people do get angry if they're under stress with work or something, but while I did get angry I stopped short of acting it out in a vehicle, safety was always first. My accident was a sheer fluke of circumstance though, and the SCU apportioned no blame to me or my vehicle which was well up to scratch.

When you see people tailgating, weaving around and shaking their fists, it doesn't look good and doesn't win them any friends, for sure.
I've never had a problem with road rage, or anger for that matter. I'm either a pansy or have some sort of self control.
You're accident was a well and proper one though...:cool:

Edbear
27th February 2012, 11:44
I've never had a problem with road rage, or anger for that matter. I'm either a pansy or have some sort of self control.
You're accident was a well and proper one though...:cool:

Wish I could say the same, not worth it. :calm:

I do like to do things properly, though.. :rolleyes:

ducatilover
27th February 2012, 11:48
Wish I could say the same, not worth it. :calm:

I do like to do things properly, though.. :rolleyes:
You've done better than me and I've had practise!

Tigadee
27th February 2012, 18:55
I frickin hate it when the lady at the garage asks me to take my helmet off when I reach the counter, after I've been standing in the queue with it on for a few minutes because it's a security risk. I won't have my helmet hair on camera thanks.

That's why I shave my head...

GingerMidget
27th February 2012, 19:03
People in large BMW and Merc people mover wagon things. You bastards need to learn the road rules. Especially the two who almost met my front bumper cutting me off, when I know perfectly well I had the right of way.

So I did what I always do, Thump the horn, flip them the bird, and keep driving. I'm fully insured, and I can walk to work, gym and supermarket. No skin off my nose, plus if they write my car off, its worth more to me dead than alive.

mashman
27th February 2012, 19:09
That's why I shave my head...

I'm 99% bald :niceone:

JATZ
27th February 2012, 19:12
I understand your rant Padders *sympathy smiley*

I had to follow a couple of cars from Rai saddle all the way into Nelson yesterday, they would do 70-80 everywhere except the long straights and passing lanes. I was getting a little grumpy by the time we went past your place.

Woodman
27th February 2012, 20:40
They not all bad.

Rode over the Whangamoas last weekend and the three vehicles i caught up with immediately pulled over. Admiitedly one pulled over on a slightly dodgy corner and didn't slow down much but it added to the excitement.

But

Fuckers who wait till the end of a merging lane to pass you and then push there way into the gap or worse stay alongside you as as the lane becomes single again somewhat annoy me. Pricks.

Tigadee
27th February 2012, 20:44
I'm 99% bald

:drinknsin You too? Fancy that... What are the odds!

Maybe we'll start a trend... :cool:

Padmei
27th February 2012, 21:05
I understand your rant Padders *sympathy smiley*

I had to follow a couple of cars from Rai saddle all the way into Nelson yesterday, they would do 70-80 everywhere except the long straights and passing lanes. I was getting a little grumpy by the time we went past your place.
Ummm one of them wasn't a Gold odyssey was it :doh:

They not all bad.

Rode over the Whangamoas last weekend and the three vehicles i caught up with immediately pulled over. Admiitedly one pulled over on a slightly dodgy corner and didn't slow down much but it added to the excitement.

That's the scenario I usually find going over the Whangas as per first rant. I reckon people are pretty considerate driving over there cos most are cautious due to the drop offs. After that it seems that the blinkers go on.

Another thing that pisses me off are fuckers you're following that don't know you can drive on the flush fricking medians & you're lined up to slow down into the right hand turning lane (which is straight ahead of you cos you drove over the start of the white lines) when the frickers pull straight out across in front of you. No disrespect to Poms but I heard you aren't allowed to drive over the white lines over there? Maybe this is an ingrained driving habit?

Another thing that pisses me off are frickers that decide to read a fricking thread with Rant in the title & feel the need to post a reply to let everyone know that they go all Zen & brown rice & "yeah I never get upset cos i just adjust my aura to the same conciousness as the universe"

I find this quite therapeutic really - cartharctic - is that a word?
Anyway although it sounds like I do get road rage - I don't (well not here in Nelson anyway cos my van is pretty conspicous) & am considerate, courteous & anticipationous. I really do wish people would drive with a bit more awareness, however that's never gonna change.

GingerMidget
27th February 2012, 21:12
Another thing that pisses me off are frickers that decide to read a fricking thread with Rant in the title & feel the need to post a reply to let everyone know that they go all Zen & brown rice & "yeah I never get upset cos i just adjust my aura to the same conciousness as the universe"

Those people probably mastubate a lot.

Tink
27th February 2012, 21:16

I love it... I fill up every 2nd day of the week on my postie bike.. ye i love it... I make them wait... bar humbug

I get the finger when I am doing the speed limit... and they want to over take... but I get a wave when I am letting them go first on my right.. (new rule)... mind you things change when I am on my 650... ooh do they ever... I then walk into defensive riding mode... and become super postie lady... :nono:

Padmei
27th February 2012, 21:37
I love it... I fill up every 2nd day of the week on my postie bike.. ye i love it... I make them wait... bar humbug

hey watch your language:nono:

Asher
27th February 2012, 22:05
It pisses me off when a car holding traffic up dont use slow vehicle bays.

But one thing that really pisses me off is when traffic is heavy and turning traffic extends out past the turning lane and into the straight through lane causing it to be blocked, and the assholes turning leave car length gap between each other, if they just closed the gaps up between each other, people going straight could get past.

Shadows
28th February 2012, 21:22
One day someone is gonna bug my cage, and find out what I really think of wellington drivers.

I thought Wellington drivers were bad - then I moved to Canterbury. Holy fucking shit.

GingerMidget
28th February 2012, 21:51
Don't get stuck in traffic and pocket call your dad. It never works out well. Unless you are accidently proving his point about your language being atrocious. In the space of a 3 minute voicemail (before I found it and apologised and hung up) I call the taxi driver in front of me a lady parts no less than 10 times, the cop behind me an arrogant pig with butt sex issues (he was right up my bumper) and the fun discovery of fuel light, 2k away from a gas station.

My rant for today?

the coffee at work is Horrible.

Scuba_Steve
29th February 2012, 08:26
I thought Wellington drivers were bad - then I moved to Canterbury. Holy fucking shit.

Then I advise keeping away from the Manawatu... Rated NZ's worst & for a reason

Edbear
29th February 2012, 08:42
hey watch your language:nono:

Yeah, it's "Bah, humbug!" ;)

puddytat
29th February 2012, 16:37
Well what really fucks me off is the overpowering stench of American culture & Politics on our airwaves....& in our lives.
Its not even "the Greatest anymore" in anyones book ,so by thier own logic they should be seen for what they are...LOSERS.
Supposedly according to "The Media" its really important that we know every piece of media drivel that happens there & we too, along with no doubt every other poor sucker on the planet have to put up with the pathetic drivel that is their election process:mad::finger:
Like, there ARE other Countries with more people than them, bigger Armed forces than them, larger economies than them,more culture than them,better motorbikes than them & pretty much most countries in the whatever it group they're in, are doing better & I dont just mean moneteraly.And we hardly hear diddlysquat about them.
So why dont they just shut the fuck up.

PLEASE.......JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP

Hinny
29th February 2012, 17:02

I hear ya.

Buyasta
29th February 2012, 18:33
Well what really fucks me off is the overpowering stench of American culture & Politics on our airwaves....& in our lives.
Its not even "the Greatest anymore" in anyones book ,so by thier own logic they should be seen for what they are...LOSERS.
Supposedly according to "The Media" its really important that we know every piece of media drivel that happens there & we too, along with no doubt every other poor sucker on the planet have to put up with the pathetic drivel that is their election process:mad::finger:
Like, there ARE other Counties with more people than them, bigger Armed forces than them, larger economies than them,more culture than them,better motorbikes than them & pretty much most countries in the whatever it group they're in, are doing better & I dont just mean moneteraly.And we hardly hear diddlysquat about them.
So why dont they just shut the fuck up.

Nonsense, America has produced the two greatest forms of ongoing comedy ever - Fox news, and all American political candidates (with the exception of Ron Paul - he's disturbingly unwilling to change his opinions every few minutes to suit the moods of the times, so we don't get any amusing juxtapositions of before and after statements, and seems likewise unwilling to rip into hilariously hypocritical rants and name-calling about his opponents).

Hinny
29th February 2012, 18:56
I fricking hate it when slow fuckers (70kph drivers) speed up when there is a passing lane.

I hate it when you curse those doing 70. Wonder why they aren't doing 110 on the open road, like you are, and then remember your bike's speedo reads in 'Miles per hour'.

JATZ
29th February 2012, 19:33
Ummm one of them wasn't a Gold odyssey was it :doh:

No... it was a white one and a silver one and a big white one with KEA written on the back :wacko: If it'd been a gold one I woulda lean't on the horn untill it pulled over, and I'd rekognisw the back of your bald head anywhere :nya:

Tony W
29th February 2012, 20:01
Yes? Good I have one.

I fricking hate it that they know they are doing it but look straight ahead & not in their mirrors - they speed up cos they do NOT want anyone going faster than them.

It fricking pisses me off when fuckers are right up your date when you are mellow & cruising. When you pull over & let them pass (cos sometimes you are in a hurry & know what it's like - see above rant) they cruise past at exactly 3KPH faster & keep the exact same speed you were doing when you were in front. You in turn have to drop back.

I fricking hate it when you have followed a fricking slow driver (70kph again) & waited for 40kms for a straight to pass safely which you do - safely- & drive off at 105-110 kph & then see that the fricking slow fricker is keeping the same speed as you in your mirror. That really fucks me off more than anything!

I fricking hate it when I'm sitting at the exit of the local video shop which exits right at the point where a roundabout is & all the cars have to stop there before going round the roundabout. They see you sitting there & know how hard it is to get out yet still won't waste 2 seconds of their life to let you out. They didn't even have to stop - they already are!

I fricking hate it when all the pumps are busy at the servo & cars park behind me cos i'm just a bike & won't take long & I have to put on my helmet & gloves again & then I forget to take my glasses off to put my helmet on & drop a glove on the other side of the bike & the pressures on cos they're waiting for this lame biker whereas all the other cars have long since driven off.

What else...

Hmmm I'll keeep thinking.

On a positive note
I love it when I'm cruising on my bike on a Sunday avo happy to sit way behind a car or truck & pootle along at a sedate pace & the car/truck unexpectedly pulls over & waves at you to pass. I wave back & it makes me realise there are some good fuckers around.

I guess one good fucker makes up for a lot of ignorant fuckers.

Maybe that's what our goal in life should be - be that fucker that waves the bikes past.

I feel better now. I'm off to bed.

sorry for all the cussing

I agree.

Shit, you're brave straying outside the comfort of the Adv forum.

There are lots of weirdos out here !

ducatilover
29th February 2012, 20:12
Those people probably mastubate a lot.

You sound fun. Beer time :2thumbsup

GingerMidget
29th February 2012, 20:46
Hahahaha I totally forgot I posted that!
FYI its two weeks til my road trip sorta thing, and I haven't done any planning. Christ, I haven't even found my sleeping bag, or put away some money for gas. The idea of sleeping for 5 days is VERY tempting though

ducatilover
29th February 2012, 21:03
Buy a heap of piss and pretend you're on a road trip?

GingerMidget
29th February 2012, 21:29
Could be a plan. Or just get drunk wednesday when I finish work, and stay drunk til sunday afternoon. Use monday as my recovery day.

Boom. Plan.