PDA

View Full Version : Scroll Excel 53715 Android Tablet PC

Bob
27th February 2012, 02:37
First up, what is a Tablet PC review doing on a motorcycling website? We’re short of room when we ride, so the kit you take with you has to take up little space – and a 7” tablet certainly fits that bill.

I went for the Scroll Excel following a review by former MotoGP anchor Suzi Perry on ‘The Gadget Show.’ And Ms Perry got it about right. If you want something for email checking and internet browsing, the Scroll Excel is perfectly fine for the job. Given it runs the same processor (in terms of power) and RAM as the iPad2, it does this well. Very good spec kit for the price. Battery life is around 5 hours (which I’m led to believe is standard).

The Capacative screen responds well, though occasionally I find you tap on one place and it ‘locates’ another. There are three buttons on the front; home, backspace and menu, that perform all the sub-menu tasks like "refresh" etc - you quickly get the hang of using them (unlike Apple where it is all sort of on the screen somehow, but having pop-up sub-menus on the Scroll is quite useful). OS is Gingerbread (Android 2.3.4), so does the job well enough.

Click here to read the rest of the review (http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/scroll.htm)