PDA

View Full Version : Training course in chch

SDU
25th July 2005, 14:18
Thought some locals might be interested to know Mainland Driving school are going to be doing motorcycle training days at Ruapuna racetrack.
Full track. Different groups to suit bike & rider styles. Riders to have full licence or be off that skill level to take part. Could be fun.
phone Mainland Driving school 03 3384242 for more details.
Cheers
S

FROSTY
26th July 2005, 08:03
fantastic --sorta like a track day but focussed on rider training.
what a really cool idea
bit too far away foer this bloke

TonyB
26th July 2005, 08:06
Cool- will definitely have a look at this. Thanks!

onearmedbandit
26th July 2005, 09:37
Yeah cheers for that. For a while I was thinking of buying a new bike (05 750 or thou) but decided it would be better to spend a fraction of that money on making myself faster on my current steed. I'll be making some calls.

SDU
26th July 2005, 11:45
No problem- glad someone finds it useful

Biff
27th July 2005, 23:39
Yeah - thanks. Always good to brush up on bad habbits.

GNR
31st July 2005, 15:52
dam still on the L's, haha,

rubidor
11th August 2005, 13:16
:ride: Having attended and taken part in this course run by Mainland Driving school I can highly reccomend it as being an outstanding day, the small things that were learnt that help soooooo much to improve cornering lines , speed and safety was amazing.

The chance to follow someone on the proper lines who has the ability to outride you by at least 200% is priceless, then to top it off he follows you at whatever pace you choose and offers helpful comments at the conclusion is truly great.

An excellent well organized and fun day was had by all, the range of riders abilities was largely different and was managed very well.
:clap:
Thanks for a well put together day.

Aaron
18th August 2005, 17:09
Cheers for the heads up serowdownunder.

rubidor, what gear is required? Other threads indicate a one piece or connect at the waist type leather suit is mandatory for track days a Ruapuna. Is this necessary for the MD course?

What is the cost?

Cheers.

Bren_chch
18th August 2005, 20:04
this sounds good, yeah rubidor wot did it cost you?

Cheers.

Huntaway
17th October 2005, 17:24
Advice from Mainland Driving School today is $195 for the day - participants split into groups as to speed. Think I'll be giving it a crack for tips and like Biff, to catch bad habits.

Mainland Mike
19th October 2005, 13:38
Hi guys. Thanks for the great feedback on our Advanced course at Ruapuna.
Feel free to call or email me for more details.The next one is on the 5th December. It's a full Day Training at Ruapuna Park for all types of bikes and riders.

Great way to improve and refine skills, learn your bike and what it can do without the cars, trees, banks, gravel etc of the road. Safest and quickest way to learn. One day is like doing thousands of km on the road.
There are some speed restrictions based on riding gear. Common sence is used. Leathers may be able to be hired if you want to go full speed.

Numbers are kept as low as possable (about 14 ) to ensure time for one on one training.
Seperate groups and rules to ensure a fun and safe day is had by all. Faster and slowers groups with different rules, so all types of riders and bikes can benifit from the day at the pace they want to go. (No presure to go faster than you want to)
This is not a have a go day. You will get structured training in the morning and in the afternoon you will have more free time to put what you learnt into practice. Instuctors will still be available to help all day as much or as little as you want. Numbers are limited so you can ask for help on any area of skills you want to improve.
Cost $ 195.00 for the day call (03) 3384242 or 0800 438 542 or email me for details.

SDU
19th October 2005, 15:14
Thanks for joining us Mike.
Its good to get the info from the source.
I probably won't be able to make this one (work), so I hope to make one next year. (You are going to continue with these track courses next year, I hope. ) I hope the Dec course goes great. Look forward to hearing from you again about the next course.
Cheers
S

Mainland Mike
19th October 2005, 15:34
We will be running them next year too. We will run them as often as we get the numbers to pay for the track. It is a course I really like doing. I get paid to spend a day on a track....it's a tough job but someone has to do it.

SDU
19th October 2005, 15:55
We will be running them next year too. We will run them as often as we get the numbers to pay for the track. It is a course I really like doing. I get paid to spend a day on a track....it's a tough job but someone has to do it.

Sounds real tough- more tough than getting paid to go to Little River for a ride. :niceone: