PDA

View Full Version : Diggers Ride

XF650
28th February 2012, 14:54
I'v been travelling through Macraes / Middlemarch areas with work lately & been distracted by the sweet gravel roads that wind over & around the hills in that area.
There's also a lot of interesting gold mining history in East Otago, knarley landscapes & great (big sky) scenery.
So, I'v hatched a plan for a 2 day gravel ride, big bike friendly, gold (diggers) theme.

Rough itinerary:
Meet Sat morn at Palmerston gold miners monument. Ride west across Golden Bar Rd & see why there was a coffin buried with just rocks in it.
Check out the Oceana open pit Mine @ Macraes (very big hole, very big dump trucks etc) incl option of a "Customised" mine tour.
Ride to abandoned Golden Point village & battery and see the surprising twist to this place during WW1.
Ride out through lower Oceana mine workings & other "closed" roads (I'v got permission organised).
Then ride the Nenthorn, Moonlight & Bucklands Crossing routes - "Hockenrider" has kindly agreed to help with his local knowledge here.
Sat night at Middlemarch or somewhere similar, to be confirmed. Either way it will be cheap digs in pub or cabins.
Sunday follow the Dunstan Trail gold miners route from Clarks Junction, over the Trail & across the Maniototo to Ranfurly.
From here the queens may wish to head back to their trailers at Palmerston via the Pig Route (interesting side loop option though).
Otherwise ride out Dansey's (heaps of old gold mining stuff at the Pub & workings through the Pass).
Then option of either Myres / Haka Passes or Blackforest Track to home...

Dates:
Either last 2 weekends in March suites me. Or do it after Rainbow closes / Northern Invasion (Easter).
Any other suggestions & who's interested?
If it's a goer I'll put up a calender thingy.
XF

ADVGD
28th February 2012, 15:13
Gi'day mate, sounds like a good run. I am making the most of the rest of the fishing season and have a couple of big trips already booked in, if your ride falls on a free weekend however I am a definite for sure, keep us posted re the dates, cheers :niceone:

XF650
28th February 2012, 15:48
Gi'day mate, sounds like a good run. I am making the most of the rest of the fishing season and have a couple of big trips already booked in, if your ride falls on a free weekend however I am a definite for sure, keep us posted re the dates, cheers :niceone:

Bring your rod - they have trout breeding ponds at Oceana Mine (just pretend ya can't read)

timg
28th February 2012, 17:56
Would have to be after Easter for me. Last two weekends of March are booked with NZ F4 GP and mother inlaws 75th :(

XF650
28th February 2012, 22:45
Would have to be after Easter for me. Last two weekends of March are booked with NZ F4 GP and mother inlaws 75th :(

Bring your mother inlaw - the ride is two up friendly (can she push?).

cold comfort
29th February 2012, 08:10
Hi- would prefer the weekend of the 24th but would be keen (weather permitting). Good opportunity to get some use out of the Tiger before winter. Unlike the BoB, two up no longer an option since my wife dislocated her elbow. :( Speaking of which just checked out our track log for the skiing in Canada with Faik.com. Fascinating program. Showed she hit 75km/hr just before she hit the mountain.

Monstaman
29th February 2012, 08:28
Struan I may be a starter depending on my hand, be great to sneak a final ride in if I can :cool:

cold comfort
29th February 2012, 08:34
Hi Andi- forgot to ask with all our own orthopedic excitement. How is the hand- improving according to plan?

Trials Rider
29th February 2012, 08:48
Hi Struan

I am in, either weekend in March is cool for me

Just had a thought (sorry about that) when does day light saving finish, would be nice to get in before the change over

Just finished packing now, ready to go

Jantar
29th February 2012, 09:00
Depending on my roster I'll be in at least as far as Meyers. Could be some other southern riders interested as well.

Monstaman
29th February 2012, 09:18
Hi Andi- forgot to ask with all our own orthopedic excitement. How is the hand- improving according to plan?

Heya Mark

Frustratingly slow, last Tuesday at Hopstial, Xray revealed the screw sticking out of the bone on the outside of my hand... no wonder it feels electrical shock kinda thing :mad: ... great need to have another op it remove the screw later, I am over it.

Dates, just talked to the social committee and we are in Catlins Sat 24th weekend but Sat 31st weekend is ok.

XF650
29th February 2012, 09:39
Depending on my roster I'll be in at least as far as Meyers. Could be some other southern riders interested as well.

I have fond memories of you slipping & sliding ya VStrom (on "mild" tyres), over a wet & greasy Dunstan Trail in 2007 - good skills.
Clarksfield Rd is a nice way to loop Meyers Pass with Kurow - I'll show you the way.

Jantar
29th February 2012, 10:24
I have fond memories of you slipping & sliding ya VStrom (on "mild" tyres), over a wet & greasy Dunstan Trail in 2007 - good skills.
Clarksfield Rd a nice way to loop Meyers Pass with Kurow - I'll show you the way.

Haha, I remember that ride well. This time I have conti attacks fitted, so sports tyres that are even less suitable than the Scorpions I had back then. And the Dunstan Trail is just as slippery right now, but without the snow, so it could be another interesting ride. :lol:

XF650
29th February 2012, 10:46
Hi Struan

I am in, either weekend in March is cool for me

Just had a thought (sorry about that) when does day light saving finish, would be nice to get in before the change over

Just finished packing now, ready to go

April 1st but my bike doesn't have a clock so it doesn't matter.

Trials Rider
29th February 2012, 21:06
April 1st but my bike doesn't have a clock so it doesn't matter.

Last time I saw your bike it was having a little rest on the top of the Lamamoors, um wonder what happened there, maybe it was a little bit tired:nya::nya:

XF650
29th February 2012, 22:20
Last time I saw your bike it was having a little rest on the top of the Lamamoors, um wonder what happened there, maybe it was a little bit tired:nya::nya:

I reckon that was Nordie's fault....

NordieBoy
1st March 2012, 08:13
I reckon that was Nordie's fault....

I thought it was my fault too. But the camera obviously didn't turn on and I've got no footage of riding beside you at all.

Hey GoPro! Where's my bluddy remote!

XF650
1st March 2012, 15:33
I thought it was my fault too.

Actually I have to confess that I was already going down before you bumped me (but I didn't want Delis to know that).

Back to topic:
With Eddie confirming Northern Invasion ride for the weekend of the 31st, Diggers Ride will more likely be weekend of the 24th, unless consensus for April?.

Underground
3rd March 2012, 18:03
I could be a starter if it is in April, that will give me time to build a bike rack for the camper.

XF650
4th March 2012, 20:18
Sorry about this but March 24/25th isn't possible for me now either. However this does give me more time to scope the routes.
Any preferences post Easter?
XF

Transalper
6th March 2012, 17:27
Watching this... money tight... what kind of money in the possible Macraes "Customised" mine tour?
I may have to miss optional extras and the NII2 ride to do this but it does sound nice n cruisey, a relaxing Transalp tour.

Crim
6th March 2012, 18:04
I am keeping me eye on this one as well, seeing as how I have to now pull out of the North Island Invasion because of In Laws (sorry Eddie) :(

XF650
6th March 2012, 18:32
Ride will now be after Easter, advantage being this gives me more time to scope the route.
Will post new dates as soon as I can.

Eddieb
6th March 2012, 20:05
I am keeping me eye on this one as well, seeing as how I have to now pull out of the North Island Invasion because of In Laws (sorry Eddie) :(

Shame that but no worries. I was looking forward to catching up seeing as I missed the DB1K.

Transalper
26th March 2012, 09:12
Ride will now be after Easter......Will post new dates as soon as I can.

Bump.... and Dr Phil was asking when??? as he is interested in joining in for this one.

Crim
11th April 2012, 16:29
It is after Easter, I know cos I have now climbed past 0.11 of a tonne :facepalm:

XF650
11th April 2012, 21:18
Looking more likely to be the last weekend this month - 28th & 29th April.
How does that suit people?

Transalper
11th April 2012, 21:30
Any time, later is better for me financially but either way I just want to be able to put it on my calendar so I can plan around it.

Crim
12th April 2012, 08:58
All good with me, Bro is over from Aussie, he'll be back over in a coupla months anywho - and it will save me from a coupla nights of excessive :drinkup: (I think)

Transalper
22nd April 2012, 13:24
:blank: 5 days to go and the details are still a bit sketchy...
What do we do about accommodation? Do we just turn up and hope for the best? or is there paticular places we are supposed to be booking or is it all arranged for us? ??? ??????
It's about 3.5 hours + from Christchurch to Palmerston.... many other CHCH guys going leaving when? I don't know wether to get up super early Saturday and go from home or try get down there after work on Friday.

Trials Rider
23rd April 2012, 16:06
Bugger I cant go this weekend, just sorting Andi out before the big adventure, weekend 5th & 6th May is good

You might want to check the weather too, its looking a bit naff

Transalper
23rd April 2012, 16:23
5th & 6th May would still good for me too but I have to know before J makes other plans for this coming weekend so she could defer to match the trip if it's put back another week again.

XF650
24th April 2012, 09:20
OK, lets work towards May. 5th & 6th ok with me at the moment.

Transalper
24th April 2012, 10:06
And what will we be doing re accommodation? Booking somewhere in advance or just turning up?

Weather forecast wasn't looking that great for the 27, 28, 29th anyway.

XF650
24th April 2012, 16:59
Accomodation options soon, hopefully not an issue with opening of duck shooting that weekend...

Trials Rider
24th April 2012, 17:30
Accomodation options soon, hopefully not an issue with opening of duck shooting that weekend...

I reckon we should go down the week before and shoot all the ducks, accommodation solved, is there any other good advice you need from me?

cold comfort
24th April 2012, 19:44
Hmm, Brass Monkey working bee that weekend i believe. Moving house the weekend before. The planets do not seem to be in alignment here.:(

Transalper
30th April 2012, 14:42
So been thinking to save a few bucks I might camp Friday night at the Grange hill rest area...
S45 24.386 E170 38.615 it's a nice little spot I've seen others camped at before, about 10km up SHW85 from Palmerston.
Still don't know what time we are supposed to be gathering in the morning though ???
Like if it's a lazy start nearish 10am in Plamerston then I might as well stay home Friday, get up early and ride down around 6am.

:wait:
No pressure on mr organiser, really :calm:

_Shrek_
30th April 2012, 17:50
hey guys I don't want to pour cold water on the weekend but she's snowing here at the mo & is most definately snowing on the Dunstun Trail, would pay to check it's cleared enough for ya's to get through, or just lower the psi a bit more :laugh: have fun :Punk:

was thinking of joining you guys, but thanks to a cockup with my new pac-rak it don't fit :angry2: so :calm: now have to go to Dunners & make up one at MCR (top man Rick) on Sat the 5th as i'm heading to the norf Is next week

Transalper
30th April 2012, 17:57
tis no biggie but I imagine it will only get worse from here on out if we delay again.

_Shrek_
30th April 2012, 18:12
tis no biggie but I imagine it will only get worse from here on out if we delay again.

I just had a thought, we (Off-spring & me) could leave here sat morn & head to Dunners via Onslow, Dunstun then Dunners & meet you guys along the way

XF650
1st May 2012, 21:59
Looks like the Ride is still on, even though the organiser has been slack with info & I seem to have lost a week, what with work & stuff. Long range forcast is good so we should probably grab it while we can. But be prepared, ala the DB blizzard..
For those travelling to Palmerston Sat morning, can you get to the Gold Miners monument (main road) by 9am?

The stars have aligned for me to be in East Otago with work on Friday, so b_tching it with trailer for this slacker. However spare spaces on said trailer will be up for auction on Sunday night.

Sat digs will be cheap Pub so I need to know numbers attending ASAP - please PM me.
XF

Transalper
1st May 2012, 22:23
PM sent.
I'm sure I can make it down in time if not some of the way the night before.
Really is a bit cold for tents.:cold: Rather ride in the cold than sleep in it.

Trials Rider
1st May 2012, 22:27
PM sent.
I'm sure I can make it down in time if not some of the way the night before.
Really is a bit cold for tents.:cold: Rather ride in the cold than sleep in it.

I am looking at going down Friday avo, 300 kms for CHCH so very early start or found this, doesnt look to bad and the price is OK http://www.aatravel.co.nz/main/listing.php?listingId=60569

Saves carting the tent too

Transalper
1st May 2012, 22:35
Wee bit ambiguous "Tarrif NZ $55 - $110, Rooms ranging from $30-$90 per night."
If the Tarrif starts at $55 then how cam a room cost only $30 unless it's per person with a minimum of 1.833 people per room.:laugh:

NordieBoy
1st May 2012, 22:53
a minimum of 1.833 people per room.:laugh:

Maybe they've seen Shrek?

:D

Actually, after the price issues at Fairlie on the DB, get him and TrialsRider to argue the finer points with the management. Worked for us :)

Trials Rider
2nd May 2012, 08:56
Wee bit ambiguous "Tarrif NZ $55 - $110, Rooms ranging from $30-$90 per night."
If the Tarrif starts at $55 then how cam a room cost only $30 unless it's per person with a minimum of 1.833 people per room.:laugh:

OK just rang them, they have rooms with two SINGLE beds, $75.00 per night, they have three of these, another unit with 3 single beds plus other stuff

I am happy to share a room to split costs except for Struan because he snoooooooooores

First in first served for the cheapest rooms

Waihemo Lodge Hotel

Ask for Maureen

Address
13 Runbrake St, Palmerston, Otago
Telephone +64 3 465 1700
Fax +64 3 465 1750
Email waihemo@xtra.co.nz

Transalper
2nd May 2012, 10:15
ok, I'll share with you.
What time you heading down Friday.
I could potentially have some or all the day off.
Dr Phil is doing a back roads ride down, so far he's thinking he'll end up staying in Oamaru or Palmerston Friday night.

Trials Rider
2nd May 2012, 10:25
ok, I'll share with you.
Dr Phil is doing a back roads ride down, so far he's thinking he'll end up staying in Oamaru or Palmerston Friday night.

Sounds good, will book the cabin

Trials Rider
2nd May 2012, 10:51
Maybe they've seen Shrek?

:D

Actually, after the price issues at Fairlie on the DB, get him and TrialsRider to argue the finer points with the management. Worked for us :)

Actually it wasnt Shrek I threatened them with, it was Donkey, Shrek was plan B to rip their arms off and hit them with the soggy end

Trials Rider
2nd May 2012, 14:49
Hi Guys

Carl (Transalper) and myself will be meeting at the Caltex on Yaldhurst road at 2.30pm Friday to ride down to Palmerston with the intention to be in Palmerston for tea, maybe pub meal or what ever.

Anybody wanting to join us is more than welcome.

ADVGD
2nd May 2012, 14:52
they have three of these, another unit with 3 single beds plus other stuff

I am happy to share a room to split costs except for Struan because he snoooooooooores

What's the deal with the room mate, you going for a 3 bed room? Already booked? If there is space I am keen all pending on clutch fibers arriving in time, will know by tomorrow

ok, I'll share with you.

As above, all going well could be set to head down Friday midday or thereabouts also

ADVGD
2nd May 2012, 14:56
Hi Guys

Carl (Transalper) and myself will be meeting at the Caltex on Yaldhurst road at 2.30pm Friday to ride down to Palmerston with the intention to be in Palmerston for tea, maybe pub meal or what ever.

Anybody wanting to join us is more than welcome.

Via the Awakino zig-zag right? :innocent:

Trials Rider
2nd May 2012, 15:03
Via the Awakino zig-zag right? :innocent:

Of course on the back wheel all the way, one handed waving to the crowds, eating a toasty and drinking a milkshake.

Ok Ok I know that's stretching it, forget the milkshake, you would spill it.

ADVGD
2nd May 2012, 21:02
...Then option of either Myres / Haka Passes or Blackforest Track to home...

Would be quite keen on Black Forest if that side hasn't been sorted yet and everyone else is keen, haven't been through there in a while...

ADVGD
3rd May 2012, 16:09
Hmm, after stripping down the clutch it appears there is an issue with one of the Rekluse slide weight ball grooves that caused the slipping clutch. A different approach will be needed to get going before tomorrow, I'll go and see what I can do with a big arse hammer, gas torch, an angle grinder and keep you posted on the progress :p

Crim
3rd May 2012, 18:34
bloody ducks won't get in a bloody row - like herding bloody cats, rugby on Sunday afo (promised to take kids) but was gonna shoot down fri, do sat and then race back up sun morn - now I have got a work appointment friday late afo - so might have to file this in the too hard basket - that must be the 5 or 6 decent length ride I have missed out on this year so far :facepalm:
have a great ride!

ADVGD
3rd May 2012, 18:43
The Rekluse has issues, luckily I had some spare friction plates in my box of tricks so I am back to a standard clutch :weep: but, on the good side I am all go for the trip tomorrow so see you all at the Caltex at 2:30 :Punk:

Trials Rider
3rd May 2012, 21:17
The Rekluse has issues, luckily I had some spare friction plates in my box of tricks so I am back to a standard clutch :weep: but, on the good side I am all go for the trip tomorrow so see you all at the Caltex at 2:30 :Punk:

Glad to hear you got your fluff back in order

For anybody who wants them I have GPX files for the trip, I am not sure how to put them on here so if you PM me with your email address I will ping them through

XF650
3rd May 2012, 21:20
Well apart from work dramas & son using up my broadband, things look to be falling into place ok. Big thanks to TrialsRider for mocking up a GPS route tonight - there's no way i could do that on dial-up. Mind you he needs to keep busy - he's missing his Bro already.

Sat night digs is pub so linen included & tucker on site. Room rate is $40 incl continental breakfast, dinner extra.
Local card pump (91) is 95% reliable but got friendly farmer as back-up.

Expect frosty mornings & clear sky's. Mostly a mix of gravel, scenic seal & the odd greasey bit on the Dunstan Trail from frost thaw.

7 riders I think - please let me know if I'v missed someone:
TrialsRider
ADVGD
Transalper
Dr Phil
Graeme
Graeme's mate
XF650

Trials Rider
3rd May 2012, 22:03
Well apart from work dramas & son using up my broadband, things look to be falling into place ok. Big thanks to TrialsRider for mocking up a GPS route tonight - there's no way i could do that on dial-up. Mind you he needs to keep busy - he's missing his Bro already.

Sat night digs is pub so linen included & tucker on site. Room rate is $40 incl continental breakfast, dinner extra.
Local card pump (91) is 95% reliable but got friendly farmer as back-up.

Expect frosty mornings & clear sky's. Mostly a mix of gravel, scenic seal & the odd greasey bit on the Dunstan Trail from frost thaw.

TrialsRider
ADVGD
Transalper
Dr Phil
Graeme
Graeme's mate
XF650

You might not say that when see where we are going, na just kidding all looks good, only the old creek crossing

_Shrek_
3rd May 2012, 22:04
TrialsRider
ADVGD
Transalper
Dr Phil
Graeme
Graeme's mate
XF650

:confused: me & Off-spring going the other way hope to see you guys on the way over :corn:

XF650
3rd May 2012, 22:31
:confused: me & Off-spring going the other way hope to see you guys on the way over :corn:

You looking for another feed of magpies Shrek? it will be great to see ya.

_Shrek_
4th May 2012, 09:00
You looking for another feed of magpies Shrek? it will be great to see ya.

after the last time :puke: shouold have heated them 1st :facepalm:

Trials Rider
4th May 2012, 09:03
after the last time :puke: shouold have heated them 1st :facepalm:

Hey Shrek, I could get you a sheep if that would help :shit:

_Shrek_
4th May 2012, 09:29
Hey Shrek, I could get you a sheep if that would help :shit:

nice thought there TR but I wont have time to put the BBq on the Rena Sat, coz we gotta be in Dunners early :bleh:

hope to catch up on the way ova :headbang:

_Shrek_
5th May 2012, 19:35
what a magic day for a :ride: sorry guys you still must have been in bed :tugger: when we went through, got to Clarks Junction at 10:30
Lake Onslow under mist
hore frost starting to melt
Off-spring
1st hill on the Dunston
Lake at the top

Aslan
5th May 2012, 22:38
must have been awesome up there on the tops at that time of day Keith :)

_Shrek_
6th May 2012, 05:55
must have been awesome up there on the tops at that time of day Keith :)

aye Stephen, the pic's don't 1/2 of what it was like, the pure joy of advid :ride: & with my son, was a great day :niceone:

XF650
6th May 2012, 21:12
Well I'm home but the others will be late....
It was a cracker couple of days spent with some great guys to ride with - all honorary (gold) diggers now i reckon. I tried to keep the goldminers theme going with tit-bits of local history where I could. The highlights for me were riding into a redundant open cast gold mine yesterday & (as always) Dunstan Trail today. Bucklands Crossing is a sweet ride too.
Some observations of the riders:
TrialsRider: he watches very, very dodgy videos
Graeme: be very careful, he carries a Paul Hogan knife
Dr Phil: acclaimed bike mechanic has bits fall off his bike
Transalper: carries the most high tech video gear I'v seen but no good with flat batteries
ADVGD: Awesome wheely one minute, dump amoungst rocks the next - great entertainment
Me: it's not on film so it didn't happen.
Pics: The start at Miners Memorial, Palmerston & a couple of diggers relaxing in a pig pen, Macraes.

XF650
6th May 2012, 21:16
Grid start this morning then riding above the clouds

XF650
6th May 2012, 21:23
Pause @ Poolburn Dam then called in on the Brass Monkey working bee for a yarn with Hockenrider.
Said our goodbyes at Ranfurly then I headed back to Palmerston via a gravel loop off the Pig Route.
Meanwhile the others headed to Danseys to meet RedKLR650 (Stu), to ride out Blackforest. I trust they have some pics of the weekend to fill my gaps, when they get home....

_Shrek_
6th May 2012, 21:35
cool pic's there S..... tiz a pity we didn't catch up was a nice day for a ride :Punk: .... next time :msn-wink:

_Shrek_
6th May 2012, 21:39
Pause @ Poolburn Dam then called in on the Brass Monkey working bee for a yarn with Hockenrider.
Said our goodbyes at Ranfurly then I headed back to Palmerston via a gravel loop off the Pig Route.
Meanwhile the others headed to Danseys to meet RedKLR650 (Stu), to ride out Blackforest. I trust they have some pics of the weekend to fill my gaps, when they get home....

:laugh: I just reckonised the KTM rider in brass pic those KTM :ride: are :shifty: bugga's :corn:

XF650
6th May 2012, 21:53
cool pic's there S..... tiz a pity we didn't catch up was a nice day for a ride :Punk: .... next time :msn-wink:

Sorry to miss you Keith (different day) but I saw your wheel marks. Not pleasant riding through that freezing fog, aye.

Aslan
6th May 2012, 22:28
Looks like a great ride Struan - next time perhaps - beautiful day here so snuck out on the beemer for a quick ride - huge grin factor - still waiting for the operation get the clavicle plated and pinned ;)

Eddieb
6th May 2012, 22:39
Looks like a great ride Struan - next time perhaps - beautiful day here so snuck out on the beemer for a quick ride - huge grin factor - still waiting for the operation get the clavicle plated and pinned ;)

You didn't happen to be with a couple of cruisers heading to Wainui beach were you Stephen? If so you passed me outside a friends in Wainui, I had just been out there.

_Shrek_
7th May 2012, 07:24
Sorry to miss you Keith (different day) but I saw your wheel marks. Not pleasant riding through that freezing fog, aye.

we feel ya mate as we came down in to the Onslow it was a hore frost :cold: but that was only for about 5k's then back out in to clear sky's & :sunny:
going by your pic's it may have been a bit longer :shifty: i got some HTFU pills here if needed for next time :msn-wink:

Transalper
7th May 2012, 07:27
Great weekend, had just enough layers to survive the cold comfortably... including the late run home.
Thanks XF650 for setting the ride in motion.

Aslan
7th May 2012, 07:31
You didn't happen to be with a couple of cruisers heading to Wainui beach were you Stephen? If so you passed me outside a friends in Wainui, I had just been out there.

Hi Eddie - yes that was me - had a ride on the Triumph America - interesting bike - in my dreams I could see one in my garage - great to see you on Saturday - back on topic for Struan's thread :msn-wink:

Padmei
7th May 2012, 07:51
Looked awesome Struan. That poolburn dam will be a place i'll always remember riding past.

ADVGD
7th May 2012, 09:28
Good weather, good riding, good company, a bloody good mix! Cheers Struan :niceone:

http://www.adventureguide.co.nz/articles/12/208/images/diggers-ride-23.jpg

http://www.adventureguide.co.nz/articles/12/208/images/diggers-ride-1.jpg

http://www.adventureguide.co.nz/articles/12/208/images/diggers-ride-2.jpg

http://www.adventureguide.co.nz/articles/12/208/images/diggers-ride-4.jpg

http://www.adventureguide.co.nz/articles/12/208/images/diggers-ride-5.jpg

http://www.adventureguide.co.nz/articles/12/208/images/diggers-ride-6.jpg

http://www.adventureguide.co.nz/articles/12/208/images/diggers-ride-7.jpg

http://www.adventureguide.co.nz/articles/12/208/images/diggers-ride-8.jpg

http://www.adventureguide.co.nz/articles/12/208/images/diggers-ride-9.jpg

http://www.adventureguide.co.nz/articles/12/208/images/diggers-ride-10.jpg

http://www.adventureguide.co.nz/articles/12/208/images/diggers-ride-11.jpg

http://www.adventureguide.co.nz/articles/12/208/images/diggers-ride-12.jpg

http://www.adventureguide.co.nz/articles/12/208/images/diggers-ride-13.jpg

http://www.adventureguide.co.nz/articles/12/208/images/diggers-ride-14.jpg

http://www.adventureguide.co.nz/articles/12/208/images/diggers-ride-15.jpg

http://www.adventureguide.co.nz/articles/12/208/images/diggers-ride-16.jpg

http://www.adventureguide.co.nz/articles/12/208/images/diggers-ride-17.jpg

http://www.adventureguide.co.nz/articles/12/208/images/diggers-ride-18.jpg

Transalper
7th May 2012, 09:44
lol, at the risk of turning this in to another waving thread.... well I waved !

:wavey:

Trials Rider
7th May 2012, 10:00
Hi Guys

Some pictures from the weekend, brilliant trip, the low fog in the valleys was F@%king cold, riding in 12 deg and sunshine then with in two hundred metres 4 deg and damp, you soon find out whats good to wear in that stuff.

Good team of guys, lots of laughs and lies at the pub as always.

Photos from left to right, Poolburn dam dead still, Hobbits in the machine, power pylon above the fog, Cold Hobbits, Low fog approx 50 metres visibility - love that GPS

_Shrek_
9th May 2012, 17:02
:shifty: ok wheres the rest of the pic's

Trials Rider
9th May 2012, 18:44
Ok Shrek only for you, dont show anybody else:bleh:

Trials Rider
9th May 2012, 18:49
Same deal Shrek, dont show anybody else

ADVGD
9th May 2012, 19:40
:shifty: ok wheres the rest of the pic's

Phil said it had been a hard week at work and he was looking forward to a good ride to let off some steam, he wasn't lying :p

http://www.adventureguide.co.nz/articles/12/208/images/diggers-ride-3.jpg

Transalper
24th November 2012, 08:15
Bit of video from the ride.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C6uJtYoXDw8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

XF650
24th November 2012, 08:39
Thanks Carl.
I'v since found another open cast pit to check out, back up Golden Bar Road.
Next time...

ADVGD
25th November 2012, 14:42
Bit of video from the ride.

Nice job Carl :niceone:

Waihou Thumper
25th November 2012, 16:50
Nice work with the video...:)
Makes you want to get out and ride for sure. :clap: