PDA

View Full Version : Grotzkyj is back!

steveyb
28th February 2012, 20:19
My mate Simone finally signs a Moto3 deal.
http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/Grotzkyj+with+Pedone+for+2012+Moto3+World+Champion ship

Yay!!!

jellywrestler
28th February 2012, 20:50
My mate Simone finally signs a Moto3 deal.
http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/Grotzkyj+with+Pedone+for+2012+Moto3+World+Champion ship

Yay!!!
Fuck if only I knew this last week would've got a great score in Scrabble with that word!!!

steveyb
29th February 2012, 07:58
It's a proper noun you numpty! Not allowed.:nono:

Actually his name is Grotzkyj-Giorgi, but they needed a shorter version.

steveyb
9th March 2012, 11:34
From Niall MacKenzie in Visordown.com:

KTM and Honda may have been the main players at recent Jerez Moto 3 test but GP newcomers, Oral Engineering, weren’t too far behind with our very own Danny Webb posting the 15th best time. Italian based Oral are supplying engines to Mahindra Racing (Danny & Marcel Schrotter) and Ambroggio Next Racing (Simone Grotzki & Giulian Pedone). Mahindra have their motor housed in an all new, Italian tubular steel chassis, while Ambroggio have gone down the more economic route of using their 2011 Aprilia RSW 125 chassis. Strict Moto 3 rules dictate that your engine has to be pretty simple and the Oral is no exception. The single cylinder 250cc four stroke has a four valve head, sits bolt upright in it's chassis and in another cost saving exercise existing Aprilia gearbox internals can be used. And like every other bike on the grid, the bore is limited to 81mm with top revs limited to 14,000. Both the Oral teams use Arrow exhaust systems.

I watched the very likeable Italian Simone Grotzkyj testing his machine this week at Almeria and I couldn’t believe how much noise this little bike makes. It was his first run out of the season so he was a fair bit off the pace but he said it was a joy to ride, and although the chassis was built for the Aprilia two stroke GP machine it felt almost perfect. He believes Moto 3 machines will easily lap faster than the 125s as the power delivery is super smooth and the new spec Dunlops have taken a huge leap forward. Good luck Simone!

Read more: http://www.visordown.com/niall-mackenzies-blog/moto-3-oral-engineering-and-the-2012-bmw-s1000rr/20212.html#ixzz1oZi4CSuQ

In other news, alongside his RedBull Rookies committments, Malaysias Hafiq Azmi will be riding the KTM RC125 in selected BSB rounds under the guidance of Niall MacKenzie. This is in the team that Niall runs which also includes former Red Bull Rookie and MotoGP125 rider Tyler MacKenzie who will be riding Supersport 600, I believe.

RDjase
10th March 2012, 08:50
In other news, alongside his RedBull Rookies committments, Malaysias Hafiq Azmi will be riding the KTM RC125 in selected BSB rounds under the guidance of Niall MacKenzie. This is in the team that Niall runs which also includes former Red Bull Rookie and MotoGP125 rider Tyler MacKenzie who will be riding Supersport 600, I believe.

Thats great news ! Go Hafiq

I have a DVD of the Pro Am racing on LC350's with Niall and lots of other big (to be) names, Think Damon Hill is in there too

steveyb
10th March 2012, 19:53
Hi steve!!!
How are you??
My first impression is so good!! I found immediatly a very good feeling with the bike, and it is improving lap by lap! The bike is only 6kg heavier. and last year for a race we were use 13lt of fuel, instead this year 6-7 are enought! So the weight it's more or less the same.
Do you have some rider in moto3 in NZ championship??
See you mate!!
Full noise!!!

Simone Grotzkyj Giorgi

SWERVE
10th March 2012, 21:07
Hi steve!!!

Do you have some rider in moto3 in NZ championship??

Simone Grotzkyj Giorgi

Cmon Steve ...... do ya...do ya...................... go on ...do it.......... please
Only a matter of time.......eh..................................... ...................................oh and money (its only bits of paper)

steveyb
11th March 2012, 08:04
Go on then Merv, send us some of them little bits of paper....
Me? After struggling with no real job for over 3 years, and no sponsors to speak of (at least none who actually front up with cash money) I can't see any Moto3 bikes in my garage any time soon.
We do however have Tyler Lincoln riding the 125GP bike at HD and Taupo.

SWERVE
12th March 2012, 20:53
I hear ya Steve.
I have the upmost respect for what you and the likes of Steve Ward have done for youngsters over the last few years.
I am quietly workiing behind the scenes to try and set up something based on your set up................ and its like extracting blood from a stone to find "real money"
Im interested to see how Tyler goes!