PDA

View Full Version : Dropped the gixxer last night (pic included).

onearmedbandit
29th February 2012, 09:46
Well that would've got a few peoples attention.

Brain fart moment in the garage last night. I was working on Suzi when I decided to move it around the garage. I was on the left side of the bike, moved it to where I wanted, checked the side stand was down, and lowered the bike onto it. Guess the stand wasn't properly down. I tried to save it (earning myself a nice gouge into my leg and ripping a pair of good pants) but to no avail. So with 200kg of freshly fuelled bike lying on it's billet engine cover and rearset and me in between it and the work bench, I set about trying to lift it. Nope, nothing happening there. With no one else home I did the next best thing, I propped it up from toppling over (it wanted to roll onto the top fairing) any further and went and had a cigarette (not in the garage mind, all I could smell was gas).

Came back a few minutes later and with a few good efforts I managed to get her back upright, and without flipping right over onto the girlfriends 600RR. You couldn't even tell its been over, no damage, no marks, heck hardly even a little scratch (except on my leg, that's got a noticeable scratch).

Anyway no other reason to post other than for those that haven't done something this stupid to laugh at me about, and those that have to empathise.

Tigadee
29th February 2012, 09:50
Heck! I would've sat on the floor crying if I couldn't have lifted it up!

Glad it's OK... Oh, and you too.

White trash
29th February 2012, 09:51
Should'a given me a call mate, I would have given you a hand................

george formby
29th February 2012, 09:52
You certainly have my empaths, that's the reason my bike has bar end mirrors now. The slow mo stationary topple, been making bikers feel like twats since ages ago.

BigAl
29th February 2012, 09:56
Pity it fell away from you otherwise you know that one has to throw themselves under the bike;)

Glad there was no damage.

oneofsix
29th February 2012, 09:56
Empathise.

Zedder
29th February 2012, 09:58
Good to hear the bike's ok and you are too (almost). Usually the bike gets dinged and the rider gets injury to their pride only in cases like this.

Love the "slow mo topple" description too George F. World famous in bikers world.

sil3nt
29th February 2012, 10:03
Thank god the bike is ok! Lucky strike looks fantastic.

nodrog
29th February 2012, 10:06
lucky you didnt break your clutch lever.

MIXONE
29th February 2012, 10:12
Yep been there more than once.

98tls
29th February 2012, 10:20
Done it myself,glad she wasnt damaged mate.

javawocky
29th February 2012, 10:21
I did that same thing on my drive a while back, except, brainiac didn't even put the stand out forgot entirely. Its a sinking feeling when you realise what you have done when the bike is too far leaned over to save :brick: (Light scratching to Ogg slider and pride dented)

Maha
29th February 2012, 10:21
Should have got soemone to give you ......a hand :cool:

Bassmatt
29th February 2012, 10:33
Surprised your not dropping it all the time...... with having only one arm and all

onearmedbandit
29th February 2012, 10:34
Heck! I would've sat on the floor crying if I couldn't have lifted it up!

Glad it's OK... Oh, and you too.

The thought did go through my head.

Should have got soemone to give you ......a hand :cool:

If you two are going to write jokes together you need to sort out who's going to post them.

Pity it fell away from you otherwise you know that one has to throw themselves under the bike;)

Glad there was no damage.

It was on my side, and I did throw myself under it, hence the nasty gouge on my leg. Worth it though.

Thank god the bike is ok! Lucky strike looks fantastic.

Done it myself,glad she wasnt damaged mate.

I was sooo worried about how the fairings would be, but absolutely mint. I've got a ride on today and tomorrow, plus doing some mentoring out at the track next week. First thing I'll cover is safe side stand operation.

Zedder
29th February 2012, 10:38
Surprised your not dropping it all the time...... with having only one arm and all

Did you write that with a pokie face?

nodrog
29th February 2012, 10:55
What? he only has one arm? holy shit! I thought his name was something to do with a gay reach around.

Bassmatt
29th February 2012, 11:59
What? he only has one arm? holy shit! I thought his name was something to do with a gay reach around.

I thought he might be a vintage gambling enthusiast?:crazy: Didnt consider that it might be literal.:Oops:

baffa
29th February 2012, 12:05
Looks like shes having a little nap. And you had to go and wrestle her off the ground and wake her up :(

Also, It's good to hear your girlfriend has better taste in bike marques than you

:motu:

G4L4XY
29th February 2012, 12:06
I have a pretty serious question, how the hell do you ride a bike with one arm?!?! You must be pretty legendary :P

jrandom
29th February 2012, 12:10
It's good to hear your girlfriend has better taste in bike marques

*splutter*

I have a pretty serious question, how the hell do you ride a bike with one arm?!?!

There are a few of them around, actually. Bit of a club. Apparently the secret handshake's not that complicated.

Punchy
29th February 2012, 12:14
^ I actually laughed out loud at that one.

Buyasta
29th February 2012, 12:17
I have a pretty serious question, how the hell do you ride a bike with one arm?!?! You must be pretty legendary :P

Like this (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/album.php?albumid=118&attachmentid=227637)... and more (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/album.php?albumid=118&attachmentid=224605) than just ride.

EJK
29th February 2012, 12:22
So you don't wave at other bikers?

willytheekid
29th February 2012, 12:35
Good to see you putting the bike before the body mate ;)
Cuts and scrapes heal...paint work dosn't!

Take care OAB:love:

Zedder
29th February 2012, 12:46

"Stupid boy Pike".

hellokitty
29th February 2012, 12:52
lucky you didnt break your clutch lever.

Lol - his clutch is on the same side as his brake. - that would have been a buggar if you broke your custom clutch set up!

:facepalm:

Look at his photos - amazing wheelies!

Seriously mate, so lucky you didn't damage it! I did a slow speed crash (40ish ks) on deep gravel and wrote my bike off! The cost of fairings and stuff gets up there pretty quick!

nodrog
29th February 2012, 12:55
Lol - his clutch is on the same side as his brake. - that would have been a buggar if you broke your custom clutch set up!

:facepalm:

Look at his photos - amazing wheelies!

Seriously mate, so lucky you didn't damage it! I did a slow speed crash (40ish ks) on deep gravel and wrote my bike off! The cost of fairings and stuff gets up there pretty quick!

Well you learn something everyday, thanks.

Kornholio
29th February 2012, 12:57

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110118210108/uncyclopedia/images/5/57/Nelson_haha.jpg

sondela
29th February 2012, 13:04
My Empathy is with you!

I let my Ducati fall over at an intersection, when my new boot got caught up on the footrest, just for a second, but long enough for the bike to lean, and despite my best efforts to stop it, , it slid down my leg, very slowly, until it fell over, with me under. Luckily I had a sympathetic friend there to pick it up, (when he managed to stop laughing! )

Bike wasn't hurt apart from a couple scratches, , but my ankle was well bent and took months to come right!

My pride still hasn't recovered :(

GrayWolf
29th February 2012, 13:06
Empathise!!!!
last garage drop for me was started the bike to warm it up, got asked a question by the girlfriend of the time, forgot to unlock the old style piddly little steering lock on the headstock,,,, you guessed it, OOOOOOPS!!!

HenryDorsetCase
29th February 2012, 13:11
I was sooo worried about how the fairings would be, but absolutely mint. I've got a ride on today and tomorrow, plus doing some mentoring out at the track next week. First thing I'll cover is safe side stand operation.

pleased you and th e P & J are OK.

tell me more about this mentoring at the track? you going out one weekday or something?

HenryDorsetCase
29th February 2012, 13:13
I have been very lucky (touch wood) with the earthquakes. The one time I lef teh Scrambler on the sidestand it fell over (bent brake pedal, broken brake lever) but leaving them on the paddock stands with some chocks on the front wheels has stopped any of the others from falling over.

G4L4XY
29th February 2012, 13:15
"Stupid boy Pike".

Well gee your positive aint ya

Zedder
29th February 2012, 13:29
Well gee your positive aint ya

No, you just don't know the story behind the quote.

baptist
29th February 2012, 14:19
My sympathy mate, won't say any more but red faces are not unknown here

Blackshear
29th February 2012, 15:43
Dropped my bandit a couple weeks ago at cycletreads takapuna parking, I was only reversing the cunt out.

Nobody saw.. Tee he. :baby:

Madness
29th February 2012, 15:58
Been there, done that & have the superglued inlet duct cover to prove it :facepalm: I'll buy some carbon ones one day when I have some disposable moolah.

rossirep
29th February 2012, 16:48
bad luck with dropping ya bike there fella, but at the end of the day its just a old suzuki so it doesnt really matter to much.. hahaha,

Jay GTI
29th February 2012, 17:27
Yep been there more than once.

WTF?? You've been around to OAB's garage and dropped his bike??? More than once?????

rastuscat
29th February 2012, 17:47

Same. Bugger, hope it weren't damaged.

Kickaha
29th February 2012, 17:49
and those that have to empathise.

One thing I lack is empathy :bleh:

Last bike I had a bike problem with in my garage was because of OAB, I was lending him my bucket and converted it to right hand clutch, decided I'd ride it down the driveway which went ok, rode it back into the garage and reached for the clutch on the normal left hand side, had a "oh fuck where's that gone moment" and rode into the back wall while I was trying to work it out;)

swtfa
29th February 2012, 21:08
Well that would've got a few peoples attention.

Brain fart moment in the garage last night.

Good to hear it's not only newbies that have brain farts :doh:

Clockwork
1st March 2012, 07:34
One thing I lack is empathy :bleh:

Last bike I had a bike problem with in my garage was because of OAB, I was lending him my bucket and converted it to right hand clutch, decided I'd ride it down the driveway which went ok, rode it back into the garage and reached for the clutch on the normal left hand side, had a "oh fuck where's that gone moment" and rode into the back wall while I was trying to work it out;)

Oh how I larffed!! :killingme

...sorry, now I empathise with you. That's just the sort of stupid thing I'd do

durp
1st March 2012, 08:48
Haha sucks bro. Lets see pics of the gash in your leg!

F5 Dave
1st March 2012, 08:55
I'd just painted the customised bodywork on the YZFSP & putting the bodywork on admiring it, then on RHS moved it forward a bit, side-stand was down no problem, rested it back down, but it must have dragged to almost over centre & the bike kept going, from where I was I couldn't stop it ARRRGH!!.

Now for some strange reason I had a 2l tin of some sort of kero cleaner stuff that got left in my garage (and lived on a shelf) on the floor next to the bike. I've never used the contents before or after. The handlebar hit the tin deforming it but keeping the bike off the ground.:clap:

SimJen
1st March 2012, 09:25
I had an RC plane sitting next to one of my old bikes while on its paddock stand.
I usually leave the side stand down in this situation but some friends had been milling around in the garage looking at my bike so stuck it back in so noone would trip!
As I took it off the stand and gently dropped it onto its non-existant side stand it made a lovely splintering sound as it broke the RC Plane, no damage to the bike but the plane took a few weekends to get right!
Morale of the story, don't be so fucken stupid!

nudemetalz
2nd March 2012, 09:10
Gee it's Lucky you didn't Strike it harder onto the ground... ;)
Okay, that was lame...

F5 Dave
2nd March 2012, 09:52
Actually that is soo lame I am considering giving you some Red rep.:crazy:. Won't someone think of the children.

Gremlin
2nd March 2012, 09:55
The answer is obvious... get an adventure bike, plus the usual crash protection and bars... they're on the side frequently enough and have been protected for it :sweatdrop

For this trip I've just done, I dropped it once each day, on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday... thankfully Wednesday was quiet...