PDA

View Full Version : TV programmes about roads, 29 February

Zedder
29th February 2012, 17:19
Both on TV3.

At 7:30 World's deadliest roads followed at 8:00 by Road madness about New Zealand roads and drivers.

sinfull
29th February 2012, 17:27
Crikey and i was going to watch police 10/7 but this sounds so much better ! Oh Wait i was out riding today so saw it !

skinman
29th February 2012, 21:09
I dono
those indian drivers could teach ours a thing or to about overtaking.....blind corner, no worries

SMOKEU
29th February 2012, 21:40
Fuck that female truck driver is hot. She wouldn't be walking straight for a week by the time I'm done with her. :tugger:

GrayWolf
1st March 2012, 01:13
Fuck that female truck driver is hot. She wouldn't be walking straight for a week by the time I'm done with her. :tugger:

yup, a couple of hard wedgie's from desperate attempts to undress her, followed by too rapid digital insertion before adequate 'lubrication', then keegle muscle strain from the vain attempt to 'clamp down and feel 'something' :baby: then walking miserably because of the emotional 'let down'.... :jerry:

Edbear
1st March 2012, 06:37
Ewan Gilmore did well fronting the NZ program. Sort of a Police 10-7 from the truckies view.

I think we can all agree with the "sentiments" expressed in that one! :mad:

Bassmatt
1st March 2012, 07:46
Ewan Gilmore did well fronting the NZ program. Sort of a Police 10-7 from the truckies view.

I think we can all agree with the "sentiments" expressed in that one! :mad:

I thought most of that show was a load of crap.
While there were a few pretty dangerous examples most of it was heavily edited to try to convey an increased sense of danger in a lot of cases. Were there any trains at any of the crossings where people went around the barrier arms?

Edbear
1st March 2012, 08:04
I thought most of that show was a load of crap.
While there were a few pretty dangerous examples most of it was heavily edited to try to convey an increased sense of danger in a lot of cases. Were there any trains at any of the crossings where people went around the barrier arms?

My son asked the same question but in one scene they did say the train was 50m away which means if it was doing the usual 80k/hr it was close.

hellokitty
1st March 2012, 08:09
My son asked the same question but in one scene they did say the train was 50m away which means if it was doing the usual 80k/hr it was close.

Lol very close! A train 50 metres away going 80km/h... I wouldn't try it :eek5: I wouldn't even try it if I couldn't see the train - if the barrier is down, it is down for a reason. These dickheads don't think about the fact that they could get killed, or the fact that the poor train driver will have to live with killing them. Even though it isn't their fault, the train driver will still have nightmares about it.

Bassmatt
1st March 2012, 08:12

If that was the case I would have thought they would leave the shot running for an extra couple of seconds to show the train going past. , for effect.
There is acrossing near me with 500m clear visibilty both ways which goes off alot when there are no trains around. I have gone round the arms and come back 20 minutes later and it is still going. I reckon this is what was happening in those shots.

Edbear
1st March 2012, 08:15
Lol very close! A train 50 metres away going 80km/h... I wouldn't try it :eek5: I wouldn't even try it if I couldn't see the train - if the barrier is down, it is down for a reason. These dickheads don't think about the fact that they could get killed, or the fact that the poor train driver will have to live with killing them. Even though it isn't their fault, the train driver will still have nightmares about it.

Love your sig! ;)

Edbear
1st March 2012, 08:17
If that was the case I would have thought they would leave the shot running for an extra couple of seconds to show the train going past. , for effect.
There is acrossing near me with 500m clear visibilty both ways which goes off alot when there are no trains around. I have gone round the arms and come back 20 minutes later and it is still going. I reckon this is what was happening in those shots.

Weird! Have you reported it? Shades of Back to the Future...

Bassmatt
1st March 2012, 08:21
Also the overtaking scenes on the coastal rd (cant remember where). Yes the cars passed on a corner but if you looked across the water you had a clear view of the road ahead for a long way and consequently any oncoming traffic. Cue Ewen " but what if there was a car coming from the opposite direction" :wacko:

Bassmatt
1st March 2012, 08:23
Weird! Have you reported it? Shades of Back to the Future...

Yep, it seemed to stop for a while but recently has been doing it again. I dont know if a train sets it off and it doesnt stop or if it just goes off randomly by itself.

Edbear
1st March 2012, 08:29
Yep, it seemed to stop for a while but recently has been doing it again. I dont know if a train sets it off and it doesnt stop or if it just goes off randomly by itself.

Hmmm.... Bit like me at times... :whistle:

Voltaire
1st March 2012, 10:21
I watched a few minutes of it, as said above you could see the coast road was clear behind the truck as it curved around over a km.
The other one where three camper vans passed three truck going up an incline....why were the trucks driving so far to the left..... on the hard shoulder....trying to create a situation for the TV?
Truck drivers are hardly able to point the finger at poor driving either. :yawn:
Just another stupid 'reality' program.....cutting into Hillary Barrys sun bed allowance.:nya:

HenryDorsetCase
1st March 2012, 10:46

sometimes they are down because there is a fault in the system: the default mode is that the barrier arms come down and the lights flash (better safe than sorry)..... the problem there is if there is no train, you're trapped.

oneofsix
1st March 2012, 10:51
sometimes they are down because there is a fault in the system: the default mode is that the barrier arms come down and the lights flash (better safe than sorry)..... the problem there is if there is no train, you're trapped.

:no: problem here is that if there is no train you get sick of waiting and drive around them starting bad conditioning.

They need something like the traffic lights where they all flash amber if a fault occurs, this lets you know to be careful and is the normal condition for flashing yellow.

If traffic lights followed the barrier arm idea they would all go red and if a particular intersection had a habit of going faulty this would thus condition drivers to ignore red lights.