PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki M50

marty
25th July 2005, 15:57
well, took one for a spin today. 100k on the clock, in red and black.

first impression: too much black. wheels, frame, swingarm etc. looked a little home-painted, trying to go for the bad-ass look i think. i wasn't enamoured with it, although i'm sure for small $ it would come up great.

2nd: where's the foot pegs? shit they're a long way forward. maybe it's cause i'm used to the TL, but they were MILES out there.

3rd: quiet - almost Honda like - funny to ride a bike that you can't hear....

4th: laid back cruiser. not in a hurry to do anything, but happy to tootle along in 5th at 100, and still pull and pass without changing down.

5th: don't try and turn it like a sportbike - countersteering it will invoke much head movement and laying down of pegs on the tarmac. and on thqat point, again, maybe it was just me, but should the heels of my boots touch down when going around general 100k open road corners?

6th impression: seat was a little hard - no weight being taken on the legs, so all of it on my bony arse. i think i'd be a little sore after an hour or so.

7th: overall, a pretty good looking bike, with ample (well, enough) grunt and an easy clutch. i'd polish the wheels though, and debaffle the pipes. it would be a great motorway commuter - you sit quite low on it, and the wind deflection from the headlamp/instruments etc is quite significant, meaning not too much buffeting around the helmet.

thanks Road and Sport. the V-rod is next....

vifferman
25th July 2005, 16:05
don't try and turn it like a sportbike - countersteering it will invoke much head movement and laying down of pegs on the tarmac. and on thqat point, again, maybe it was just me, but should the heels of my boots touch down when going around general 100k open road corners?

6th impression: seat was a little hard - no weight being taken on the legs, so all of it on my bony arse. i think i'd be a little sore after an hour or so.
Huh... sounds like the first cruiser I rode (VT1100) - first slight bend I came to, my boots scraped on the road. WTF?!?!
And that seating position will give you permanent Shagger'sBack(WithoutTheShag).
I dunno why people think that the cruiser position is the best - it's the WORST for wrecking your spine. :weird:

Keep looking, Marty - I'm sure you'll find the bike that's just right for you, and have some fun while looking. :yes:

Big Dave
25th July 2005, 18:22
[QUOTE=marty]too much black.

UNBELIEVER!!!....UNBELIEVER!!!!....UNBELIEVER!!!!! ....
Wash your mouth out Marty!
You can NEVER have too much black.

Trophy is getting painted like this right now:

SixPackBack
25th July 2005, 21:46
[QUOTE=marty]too much black.

UNBELIEVER!!!....UNBELIEVER!!!!....UNBELIEVER!!!!! ....
Wash your mouth out Marty!

Trophy is getting painted like this right now:

Ic
can see doctor who on that bike chasing darleks......dunno why *the pain killers and the red wine*

Big Dave
25th July 2005, 23:24
[QUOTE=Big Dave]

Ic
can see doctor who on that bike chasing darleks......dunno why *the pain killers and the red wine*

You should see it with the headlights tinted dark - looks totally 'alien' - Diiig it.

marty
26th July 2005, 16:03
here's the model. i meant too much black, in relation to the amount of red and chrome. have a look at one in the flesh - you'll know what i mean.

and it wasn't for me - i rode it for a 'friend'........

but here's my dilemma. do i sell my cheap to run (on LPG - 65c/litre atm) comfortable cage, and the TL, and spend $20k-odd on a bike? would be my only means of txport. no surfboards/kayaks on the roof, bikes on the back, boats on the towbar, dogs in the boot, 5 kids to the pools, frosty foggy waikato mornings home at 0500am after working a 12hr night shift?

vifferman
26th July 2005, 16:07
here's the model. i meant too much black, in relation to the amount of red and chrome. have a look at one in the flesh - you'll know what i mean.

and it wasn't for me - i rode it for a 'friend'........

but here's my dilemma. do i sell my cheap to run (on LPG - 65c/litre atm) comfortable cage, and the TL, and spend $20k-odd on a bike? would be my only means of txport. no surfboards/kayaks on the roof, bikes on the back, boats on the towbar, dogs in the boot, 5 kids to the pools, frosty foggy waikato mornings home at 0500am after working a 12hr night shift?
Is that a serious question? Sounds like a no-brainer to me, a motorcycle being a glorified toy after all, and me being more pragmatic than that, but SpankMe's answer would be "Yes - of course!"

vifferman
26th July 2005, 16:10
Yes, you can have too much.

I believe this amount of blackness is more elegant (yeah, I know it's a crap pic):

marty
26th July 2005, 16:14
yeah i red my post and thought - i've answered my own question.....

marty
26th July 2005, 16:26
just finished building this up today - a fair bit of black in it too...of course, it's black WEAVE as in carbon fibre. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

duckman
26th July 2005, 16:35
yeah i red my post and thought - i've answered my own question.....
Your right, you have answered your own question .... you must buy the bike!! :weird:

vifferman
26th July 2005, 16:37
just finished building this up today - a fair bit of black in it too...of course, it's black WEAVE as in carbon fibre. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
But note that it has tasteful amounts of accents in other than black. :yes:

Pharkitjimmy - I might have to get another black bike. The VifFerraRi is very pretty, but black is so darned.... BLACK. :devil2:
Don't tell the vifferbabe though. :nono: It was ages before she admitted that the balck VFR was a nice looking bike, with its gold highlights. :yes: Stripping and polishing the wheels certainly helped. :yes: :niceone:

marty
26th July 2005, 16:59
in the latest bike trader there is a blue underseat exhaust VFR800 for $12900 - got high k's but, nice bike though.

here tis:

http://www.bikepoint.co.nz/DesktopDefault.aspx?UsedBikeID=968355&TabID=3553&Alias=bikepointnz