PDA

View Full Version : OBDii

avgas
1st March 2012, 15:04
Who uses it? Where is your connector? Where is the connector on a 2003 Daytona 955i? What weird and wonderful error codes have you got?

Just got myself a cheapie reader cable and software (Elim 5) to help sort out the misses and mine cars. Keen to have a little play with it - but imagine a few others have done so already so any words of advice appreciated.

bsasuper
1st March 2012, 18:35
Cheapie ones dont work properly, the software is often out of date and just does not work, for a good one you have to spend $15K

fastoyz
1st March 2012, 19:30
Who uses it? Where is your connector? Where is the connector on a 2003 Daytona 955i? What weird and wonderful error codes have you got?

Just got myself a cheapie reader cable and software (Elim 5) to help sort out the misses and mine cars. Keen to have a little play with it - but imagine a few others have done so already so any words of advice appreciated.

I have used one to get fault codeson a daytona 675 and it worked mint, i used tune ecu www.tuneecu.com the plug was under the seat on the 675

SMOKEU
1st March 2012, 19:42
You can get cheap ones here http://www.dealextreme.com/c/obd-obd2-car-diag-tools-713

avgas
1st March 2012, 21:54
Cheapie ones dont work properly, the software is often out of date and just does not work, for a good one you have to spend $15K

Actually quick play today and it worked mint on a 2009 Focus TDCi. One of the softwares failed to register OBDwiz but quick play with the other was interesting.
Good readings of oxy sensors and flow sensors, told me I had 87% left in the tank (which is not more perfect than what I require). Throttle was split between 2 sensors, RPM was bang on...... and a whole lot of other stuff that I don't even know what it means.

Not bad for US$30. Not bad at all.

been_there
2nd March 2012, 14:59
I second the tuneECU program.
I downloaded onto my laptop for free and then just brought the cable off ebay.
Can diagnosis and load maps or adjust if your that way inclined.

I think i paid $14 for the cable...
Have a look at this http://www.triumphrat.net/ecm-and-fi-tuning-help-tips-and-tricks/141608-tuneecu.html
Very good info

jasonu
2nd March 2012, 17:04
Over here all auto parts shops will plug in their scanner and tell you about any fault codes or warning lights for free in the hope you might buy the necessary parts needed from them.