PDA

View Full Version : SUZUKI 1997 GS500 for sale Wellington

jonshutt
2nd March 2012, 10:39
I bought this bike a couple of years ago, when I was commuting from Wellington to Lower Hutt every week day. I've done a couple of weekend trips around the lower north island, and a 2 week touring trip round the south island. But since I now work in town, I hardly ever ride this bike - it deserves someone who uses it!

The GS500 is an unfaired, twin cylinder air cooled bike. It's a simple design, which is well proven, reliable and rugged. It's fast enough, it's comfortable - a classic all rounder.

This bike is in decent condition, and runs fine. There are a few scratches on the tank from my tank bag. The only problem is that I've hardly used it in months (I've done about 700km in 6 months). With such little use the battery tends to go flat, but this was never a problem when I was using it more often. (Being a twin, it's also really simple to push start!)

It comes with a rear rack and decent sized rear bag, two rear side panniers (although the zip needs fixing on one side) and I'll throw in the tank back too.

I also have a helmet (visor not in great condition), jacket and trousers. There is a rip in the pants, but the jacket is fine. If you're keen, I might be able to arrange a deal on these items too.

I've also fitted it with GIVI front screen, which just reduces the buffeting wind a bit.

Note: the bike run in Miles - it's done 48k miles.

Any questions just ask.

REGO due to expire in March, will put 3 months on
WOF passed 13th Feb, valid until 13th Aug 2012 - that's pretty much a full 6 month until the next WOF!

Text me on 0221 613181 if interested in viewing. or email me on jon@northernlightsdesign.co.uk

also on trademe http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=445942450

jonshutt
22nd March 2012, 15:18
$2,550 Or Near Offer...

bargain!

jonshutt
22nd March 2012, 15:19
if interested, text me on 0221613181 or mail jonshutt@email.com. dont PM me or leave a messaage here, i might not read it until it's too late...