Big Dave
25th July 2005, 18:12
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/23july05_2006buells.htm

Sensei
25th July 2005, 18:23
Was only a matter of time I suppose .

Big Dave
25th July 2005, 18:30
I'm liking it - too small for me - but, noice.

White trash
25th July 2005, 18:50
Looks like it's still got 17 inch wheels to me. Also, the front brake's too strong for off road use.

Funnily enough, it looks just like an XB12 rooted a BMW GS.

HDTboy
25th July 2005, 18:53
Trash, you have such a way with words, you're right though

NordieBoy
25th July 2005, 19:01
Well you'd have problems caseing it out.

Muffling it out however...

>100hp
>1200cc
Belt drive

On the dirt?

Big Dave
25th July 2005, 19:31
Funnily enough, it looks just like an XB12 rooted a BMW GS.

That would give a more moto guzzi-like configuration surely?

Paul in NZ
25th July 2005, 19:31
Owning one would certainly be an adventure then....

Big Dave
25th July 2005, 19:35
And I'm not so sure about using the muffler as a bash guard?

Maybe they only put pads in one side of the caliper jimmy

Motu
25th July 2005, 19:38
''Outstanding performance on paved and unpaved roads'' - that's the extent of it's off road capabilities....fine by me because that's about the extent of my off road capabilities too.....

White trash
25th July 2005, 19:39
Maybe they only put pads in one side of the caliper jimmy

Bwahahahaha. Oh my fuck that's funny, I'd almost forgotten. Thanks for that and give that long haired wally my regards.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

gav
26th July 2005, 07:23
Something you'd care to share with the class, WT? :whistle:

Timber020
26th July 2005, 14:28
it only weighs about 190kgs, its practically a trials bike!

vifferman
26th July 2005, 14:38
it only weighs about 190kgs, its practically a trials bike!
:rofl:
Wonder if it comes with trials tyres then?
One good thing about it is it would stay fairly clean on muddy roads - the vibration should shake most of the crud off... :whistle:

EDIT:
Crikey! (Criminy!!) This is my 4000th post. :whocares: What a lot of wasted time...:no:
I have a suspicion though that I may hve been WAY up there once before, then SpankMe went all psycho and wiped a whole bunch of posts off.

Mr Skid
26th July 2005, 15:02
I've been following this thread on ADVrider
Top Secret New Adv Bike Coming.... (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73545)

It's up to 1214 posts, and 71,379 views so far. An achievement to rival the scottish thread!

It's been a great drama- wish lists, personal attacks, 'insider' information, sneak peak photos, and anonymous posts attributed to Erik Buell himself.

The latest complaint is that it apparently has a 190 rear, which means that you can't fit decent dualsprot rubber on it (i.e. Anakees, 607s or Tourances)

KB is quite boring in comparison..

James Deuce
26th July 2005, 15:10
Now that is nice!

Mr Skid
26th July 2005, 15:12
Oh it get's better - someone on ADVrider has refered to it as a 'touring supermotard' :rofl:

Must be too many sprotsbikers on KB to sustain such caustic wit..

James Deuce
26th July 2005, 15:14
Seriously, that looks like my next bike.

Mr Skid
26th July 2005, 15:19
Seriously, that looks like my next bike.
Well they must have done something very right.

Do you care to share with the class what attraction is for you?

James Deuce
26th July 2005, 15:24
Comfy looking, tourable, and a great long distance butt massager. I like the Buell XB9/12 series, but they've been too singly focussed in the past. This would kick butt in the twisties, but you could still ride it all day, in all weathers without being reduced to a quivering pile of cramps. I can tell from just looking at the pics! lol. Will test ride one for sure.

Big Dave
26th July 2005, 15:41
Comfy looking, tourable, and a great long distance butt massager. I like the Buell XB9/12 series, but they've been too singly focussed in the past. This would kick butt in the twisties, but you could still ride it all day, in all weathers without being reduced to a quivering pile of cramps. I can tell from just looking at the pics! lol. Will test ride one for sure.

The belt drive thing could be an issue, and the other things already mentioned.
I have done some hard out adventure rides and dig them, so no 'soft' calls please, but this is my favourite sort of dirt road - http://www.davidcohen.co.nz/south_tiger/pages/01.htm
one where you can drift the bike, and I'm betting that buell would do that very nicely. Huge power slides etc. I don't really want to ride to the top of Mt Cook on it.

White trash
26th July 2005, 15:50
Something you'd care to share with the class, WT? :whistle:

Well, at Wanganui last year?, maybe the year before. Craig Gollop was racing his XB12R in BEARs. He ran out of brakes.

Now, rather than replace the set of front brake pads, he came up with the amazing cost cutting solution of replacing one front brake pad.

'Nuff said.

Motu
26th July 2005, 16:07
If I had a mountain of disposable dosh that would make a nice street bike for me.

The main problem with big bikes on gravel is they take a shit load of stopping,you brake well before the corner while a lighter bike will just do a dab on the brake before entry or maybe not even touch the brake - you just seem to be on the brakes more than the throttle.Kinda like a big powerfull V8 compared to a proper lightweight sports car - looks and sounds impressive,but you're not going anywhere fast.

Oscar
26th July 2005, 18:06

Ahh, I may have just the ride to test it on.
Get it for the weekend, and we'll talk.

Sorry I missed you when I was in Wellytown, I sorta got sidetracked by 15,000 fellow poms and a shitload of beer....

James Deuce
26th July 2005, 18:31
Sorry I missed you when I was in Wellytown, I sorta got sidetracked by 15,000 fellow poms and a shitload of beer....

You know what? I had a feeling that might happen :)

slob
26th July 2005, 18:59
At the risk of sounding a bit nerdy - did anyone notice that the bike is called the "Ulysses" and the article is from East "Troy"??

Or maybe it is called that as it is meant for members of the motocycle club of the same name...?

Big Dave
26th July 2005, 19:35
At the risk of sounding a bit nerdy - did anyone notice that the bike is called the "Ulysses" and the article is from East "Troy"??

Or maybe it is called that as it is meant for members of the motocycle club of the same name...?

I don't think there was any risk.

Wellyman
27th July 2005, 22:24
Thant thing go on the dirt!its just a redressed pussy road bike. the skid plates or whatever the hell all that crap on the bottom is (looks like the bottom of a fairing) wouldn't last very long. I would never be seen riding that on the dirt I would be to embarrased.

vifferman
5th August 2005, 12:28
Here's an interesting review I just read:
http://www.sacborg.com/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=013152