PDA

View Full Version : Spyder brake pedal mods?

kevie
4th March 2012, 06:32
Does anyone have a Can-Am Spyder (or familiar with them) and can tell me if the brake pedal on the semi auto models can be easily taken off from the right hand foot side and relocated to the left side??

I understand they are hydraulic brakes so guessing the move would be possible in theory.

My wife has the motorbike bug and is disabled and can't ride 2 wheels so were looking at the option of a Trike, which would have to be reg for riding on a car license, but was over at Boyds Suzuki yesterday and looked at the Spyder and figured with the mod I recon she could ride one on her car license.

quickbuck
4th March 2012, 10:44
Anything is possible.
Is there actually a lever on the left bar? If not, I am sure a Hydraulic clutch master cylinder could be put there to activate the rear brake.

But, not totally familer with them.
Does the brake pedal opperate ALL brakes like a car?

Can't really tell from the advertising pics.

White trash
4th March 2012, 16:34
There are handbrake kits for them out of the States if that helps.

If not, I reckon a clever fabricator could easily relocate the brake pedal to the left hand side. Would involve all new lines to the ABS unit and the like but I'm sure it'd easily achieved.

blackdog
4th March 2012, 16:40
There are handbrake kits for them out of the States if that helps.

If not, I reckon a clever fabricator could easily relocate the brake pedal to the left hand side. Would involve all new lines to the ABS unit and the like but I'm sure it'd easily achieved.

I like the handbrake over the footbrake idea. I never quite got used to reaching for my brake lever and it not being there.