PDA

View Full Version : Moto Guzzi Bellagio

Jackal
4th March 2012, 13:40
Does anyone in the Canterbury/North Otago area own or know someone that owns a Moto Guzzi Bellagio. My wife is about to get her full class 6 and would like to upgrade from her wee Intruder to something bigger. She has at this stage looked at many including the Bonnie, Gladius, XJ6N, V7, Ninja, and a few others. She is leaning towards a cruiser/tourer and wants to get away from the forward controls type of set-up. She has recently admired the looks of the Bellagio but the Guzzi dealer in Chch will only get one down if she buys it. We would like to be able to try one on for size before forking out 20 grand. So if anyone knows where Mrs Jackal can have a look at one and at this stage just have a sit on it please let me know. Cheers

Paul in NZ
4th March 2012, 13:49
Stonking bike. Best cruiser type bike Guzzi has done for yonks. the 940 short stroke engine is a bloody beaut.

Probably a bit of a orphan now though??????

Still - you will probably be very jealous

Big Dave
4th March 2012, 14:42
Best cruiser type bike Guzzi has done for yonks.

Yep. Good bike. I really liked it.

Hoarn
4th March 2012, 21:11
Yah, really nice bike, I'm seriously considering getting one in a few months when I get my Full. This isn't gonna help much, but I know there's one floating around in Welli, Mark I think it was from Scooterazzi showed it to me briefly.

jrandom
4th March 2012, 21:17
Does anyone in the Canterbury/North Otago area own or know someone that owns a Moto Guzzi Bellagio. My wife is about to get her full class 6...

Your wife is a woman of refined taste and excellent sensibilities.

:cool:

Jackal
23rd March 2012, 18:07
Tracked one down in North Canterbury area and the lady owner let us come up and have a look at it. She had plenty of extras added to it and it looked great. She offered it to me to take it for a spin which I jumped at. What a great bike to ride. It was very nimble around the twisties and plently of get-up-and-go when passing. A bit red faced when I got back and she showed me the trip computor which included my top speed:facepalm: I'm heading up to the BOP over easter on my bike to visit family and there is one for sale on Trade-me up there, so will have a look and hopefully bring it back for Mrs J.:scooter:

Jackal
14th April 2012, 16:00
Had a look at a Bellagio in the BOP over Easter and Mrs J bought it.:2thumbsup. I fly up next month to ride it back for her. Looking forward to that:cool:

FJRider
14th April 2012, 16:31
Had a look at a Bellagio in the BOP over Easter and Mrs J bought it.:2thumbsup. I fly up next month to ride it back for her. Looking forward to that:cool:

Sounds like a good road trip. :yes: How many weeks do you reckon you might need ... :innocent:

nudemetalz
14th April 2012, 17:00
They are a lovely bike to ride....like Paul says have a great engine. I'm unsure of the styling but each to their own. Roly (sp) at Scooterazzi here in Welly owns one and would happily tell you all about it :)

The Lone Rider
14th April 2012, 17:15
Unless she is on the embarrassing side of short, which would make them feel like they are way forward

many of the cruisers available do not have forward controls. They have mid controls.

Jackal
14th April 2012, 21:34
Sounds like a good road trip. :yes: How many weeks do you reckon you might need ... :innocent:

Up one day back the next. Just spent the past week and a half up there on my bike. Cannot afford too much more time off work or they will stop paying me!

Jackal
14th April 2012, 21:43
Unless she is on the embarrassing side of short, which would make them feel like they are way forward

many of the cruisers available do not have forward controls. They have mid controls.

Mrs J currently rides a VL250 which what ever way you look at it, has forward controls. Even for her very long legs. She is looking forward to the 'mid controls' of the Bellagio.