PDA

View Full Version : Foam ear plugs

slofox
6th March 2012, 20:29
I bought a pack of THESE (https://us.vwr.com/store/catalog/product.jsp;jsessionid=46743B853259436AE76D334A1B4 C6046?product_id=4622491) yesterday. Work very well. I am impressed. 10 pair for about $7.50.

BigAl
6th March 2012, 20:51
How'd you get 10 pair SF, looks like they only come in order qtys of 200.

slofox
7th March 2012, 10:20
How'd you get 10 pair SF, looks like they only come in order qtys of 200.

Protector Safety at Te Rapa have them in 10 packs...

BigAl
7th March 2012, 11:56
Ah ha, so you didn't order 10 packs from the States:niceone:

thanks I prefer the softer plugs too.

slofox
7th March 2012, 12:18
Ah ha, so you didn't order 10 packs from the States:niceone:

thanks I prefer the softer plugs too.

I might do that next time but I wanted to try 'em out before I bought enough for the rest of my life...

Interesting, the website saying "single use" - I use one pair for months at a time. Once they turn black I'll swap 'em...whether I need to or not. :sick:

yod
7th March 2012, 12:45
I might do that next time but I wanted to try 'em out before I bought enough for the rest of my life...

Interesting, the website saying "single use" - I use one pair for months at a time. Once they turn black I'll swap 'em...whether I need to or not. :sick:

I use the same. Tried a few of the foam varieties from the chemist and these seemed to work best. As you say, they can last for a good few months, once they've been through the washer they're not so good though :doh:

slofox
7th March 2012, 13:00
I use the same. Tried a few of the foam varieties from the chemist and these seemed to work best. As you say, they can last for a good few months, once they've been through the washer they're not so good though :doh:

These are the only ones I've used so far that stay rolled up long enough to get shoved into the ear. The rest are always too quick to swell back up.