PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki SV1000S High Rise Clip Ons

k1w160
25th July 2005, 22:39
After about a month with the new bike, I decided the seating position was putting a little too much weight on my wrists around town, in fact it wasn't really confortable intill 130 - 140 k's, which would end up getting a little expensive should the boys in blue happen by.

As I am starting to get to the stage where my body is paying for all my younger mishaps (read crashes), I decided to shop around for a set of High Rise Clip Ons.

Found exactly what I needed at F1 Engineering - Hamilton

www.rapidartf1.com

Can't recommend this company enough, even though they had to make them for me, I still had them in my hot little hand in five days.

The quality is excellent and they have given me a much more upright sitting position that is vastly more comfortable for me.

The bars are manufactured from 316 Stainless steel, these clip ons will raise your grips 40mm , move them 25mm towards you and they will end up 25mm wider, you can retain your standard brake lines , cables and bar end weights.
(yes that last paragraph was copied from thier web site)

Cost - $335.00 plus postage.

For me, this has been the single most important improvement so far as I'm a lot more relaxed riding and able to put in a few 400km blasts now.

Check out the pic's for the new bar position.

Theve got a lot of excellently engineered products made by riders - for riders, so have a bit of a look for yourself.

C.U.

k1w160

White trash
25th July 2005, 22:46
Sure is good to see a company producing quality goods localy, and delivering on price and service.

Glad you're happy with them. Strange, but I find the SVs too upright with not enough feel from the front. Horses for courses and all that.

Uncle B
25th July 2005, 22:52
Can you bring your bike down so I can have a go? :whistle:

Glad your happy with the Hi risers

Wot other mods are you planning?

Dafe
25th July 2005, 23:11
Thanks for posting the pics so promptly.
Does it really make such a noticable difference?
Looking at the specs (25mm & 40mm etc) it's hard to imgine that it would make much difference.

Hey V-Twin, why not show us some of your mods on here. Any thoughts about the full carbon tail look?

Uncle B
25th July 2005, 23:14
Hey V-Twin, why not show us some of your mods on here. Any thoughts about the full carbon tail look?

Mate, don't get me started

Dafe
25th July 2005, 23:29
I can't help it.... Your bikes looking bloody good! Have you put a radiator protector on your bike yet? I'm gonna check some out this weekend.

k1w160
26th July 2005, 07:35
The bars have taken the pressure off my arms (no more burning wrists), the other welcome side effect of these bars is the extra width now makes it really easy to throw side to side, but it's still a sports bike - not a goldwing.

I seem to have short arms compared to most people so I still find the seating position sporting (for me anyway) and have noticed no problem with a light front end.
I'll do a track day at Pukekohe sometime in the next month and it will be interesting to see just how she handles when pushed a bit harder.

Future mods - 2 into one pipe (pobably M4), JHS stage 2 exhaust cams - these are in the two year plus plan. Otherwise a rear hugger and fender eliminator and some Pilot Powers.

Zapf
27th July 2005, 01:52
The bars have taken the pressure off my arms (no more burning wrists), the other welcome side effect of these bars is the extra width now makes it really easy to throw side to side, but it's still a sports bike - not a goldwing.

I seem to have short arms compared to most people so I still find the seating position sporting (for me anyway) and have noticed no problem with a light front end.
I'll do a track day at Pukekohe sometime in the next month and it will be interesting to see just how she handles when pushed a bit harder.

Future mods - 2 into one pipe (pobably M4), JHS stage 2 exhaust cams - these are in the two year plus plan. Otherwise a rear hugger and fender eliminator and some Pilot Powers.

don't mind me asking, where do u plan to get ur M4 pipes from? I had a full system for my SVS650 and they are great!

k1w160
27th July 2005, 10:49
I'm heading to the U.S. in January next year for business, so a M4 system may just find it's way into my luggage.

vifferman
27th July 2005, 11:00
Does it really make such a noticable difference?
Looking at the specs (25mm & 40mm etc) it's hard to imgine that it would make much difference.
Even a small change can effect quite a big improvement.
I fitted GenMar risers to my VTR1000, and they raised the bars 'only' 19mm - just enough to go from being too low and uncomfortable, to being just right and quite comfortable, without interfering with the screen or anything. Coincidentally, the 'bars ended up the same height as those on later VTRs, and with the small amount of lateral rotation available due to 'slop', I was able to also get a more favourable angle that fixed the wrist pain I was feeling.