PDA

View Full Version : South Island: TT2000 tribute clip

LBD
12th March 2012, 06:30
http://youtu.be/0dfw1b9Mm-0

Nicely put together Mike....but not sure about the music, although the pan flutes through the night were appropriatly lonely sounding.

Macontour
13th March 2012, 16:48
Wow, great clip. Nicely composed. Geez, we live in such a beautiful country!!!!! It has been way too many years since I travelled around the South by bike, probably more than 25. Two-up on a heavily laden GS550E with a mate who was a fantastic pillion.

I remember we left Christchurch to go over Arthurs Pass and we rode for 70 ks or so with no helmets or jackets, just tshirts. Madness but we were young and bullet proof.

And on one of those passes a corner kept tightening up until I had the stand scraping and I was running wide. Corner straightened just in time and after I recovered I turned to my mate and said something like "I didn't think we were going to make it". He said "Me either". Couple of corners later, I did it again!!!:facepalm:

He never flinched though, great pillion.

Geez we had some fun, 2 weeks and a couple of thousand ks. Gotta take the missus and kids down there soon.

Thanks for the motivation.

carbonhed
16th March 2012, 19:05
Insane but truly inspirational. One of those fancy Multistrada S's and a lot of practice might be just the ticket.

The Baron
16th March 2012, 19:50
Wow.

Awesome.

BMWST?
16th March 2012, 20:03
amazing variety of bikes too

ellipsis
16th March 2012, 20:08
...all of the above+....well disguised bunch of terrorist, speed freak criminals...big ups to the makeup dept.

Emlyn
16th March 2012, 21:16
sad to not have been part of it this year.... even though it is an 'individual' event, the team spirit portrayed by the Video makes me very nostalgic and sad! :)
Good on you all, and all the best for the coming years, you never know, I may be up to this again one day, on my own two wheels.
Cheers, Em (former pillion of Mr Triple on the Blue Tiger, 2010 and 2011) :)

Shadowjack
16th March 2012, 21:30
I do wonder how many points the Amarillo Flyer was worth, though. Nice

...all of the above+....well disguised bunch of terrorist, speed freak criminals...big ups to the makeup dept.
You've seen through the cunning plan, then...

sad to not have been part of it this year.... even though it is an 'individual' event, the team spirit portrayed by the Video makes me very nostalgic and sad! :)
Good on you all, and all the best for the coming years, you never know, I may be up to this again one day, on my own two wheels.
Cheers, Em (former pillion of Mr Triple on the Blue Tiger, 2010 and 2011) :)
It was good to be back this year.

shafty
17th March 2012, 06:55
Bloody brill :gob:

Those 3 Yammies looked great outside the Cardrona!

LBD
17th March 2012, 18:20

Yup well done the make up dept....getting all those grey hairs to look natural must have been quite some effort....

Shadowjack
17th March 2012, 20:01
Yup well done the make up dept....getting all those grey hairs to look natural must have been quite some effort....
What hair...:confused:

LBD
18th March 2012, 10:34
What hair...:confused:

Speak for yourself:laugh: