PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Tattoo bike?

LBD
12th March 2012, 15:05
So can anyone identify the bike in the movie Girl with the Dragon Tatto?

At one stage you get a glimpse of the side of the motor and the end of a single cam cover....CB350?

The speed on the snow and icy roads is totally believable.....as are the lack of tears riding at speed at night in the cold without a visor....Tuis anyone?

That aside, good movie.

slofox
12th March 2012, 15:17
I seem to think it was a kwaka?

otter
12th March 2012, 16:05
You could google for the answer. But IIRC they built 3 identical customised CB350 for the movie. And then taught the actress how to ride.

LBD
12th March 2012, 16:08
I seem to think it was a kwaka?

Could have been.... I was only going by a glimpse of the distinctive cam end cover....definately a parallel 2 cyl259636

slofox
12th March 2012, 16:08
You're talking about the newest release of the film - the 'merikan version, yes?

Original was not a Honda I don't think. IIRC it was a 2 smoke Kwaka. But then, my memory isn't the greatest...

LBD
12th March 2012, 16:14
You could google for the answer. But IIRC they built 3 identical customised CB350 for the movie. And then taught the actress how to ride.

Google....I should have thought of that:facepalm:....jet lag does that.....yup so it is...googled it and found a lot of images....bling coming your way.

odd tire mix

SL350 style exhausts and square tank version....Must find and scan my old 350 photos....same model, was red when I bought it and black when I finished....

LBD
12th March 2012, 16:15
You're talking about the newest release of the film - the 'merikan version, yes?

Original was not a Honda I don't think. IIRC it was a 2 smoke Kwaka. But then, my memory isn't the greatest...

sorry I was talking about the just released version...

AllanB
12th March 2012, 17:40
It had to be a Honda.

There was anal sex in the first book .........

unstuck
12th March 2012, 18:23
Much prefere the swedish version to the english/american version.:Punk:

FJRider
12th March 2012, 18:59
The speed on the snow and icy roads is totally believable.....as are the lack of tears riding at speed at night in the cold without a visor....Tuis anyone?

That aside, good movie.

It was a CL350 that was the starting point for the bike in the movie.

The speeds the bike was required to achieve in the movie was not over 35 miles an hour.

Interesting reading ...

http://theselvedgeyard.wordpress.com/2011/12/12/the-epic-bike-build-goes-to-glory-the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo/