PDA

View Full Version : An even BETTER Christmas

Coldkiwi
23rd December 2003, 12:15
While I understand Jim2's delight at getting a new bike (very familiar with that having got my super-tasty GSXR in november), I think I might have an even better Christmas because as of yesterday...
I GOT ENGAGED!!

For those of you at KB BBQ #1, she's the same girl that came along with me then (Angela)

needless to say, I'm on cloud nine!!! :bigthumb:

Eddieb
23rd December 2003, 12:24
Congrats CK, how could xmas get any better.

Mitch
23rd December 2003, 12:27
Now there is a christmas Present!!!!
Congratulation CK. :bigthumb:

jrandom
23rd December 2003, 12:30
Well done. Hope she likes stuff wot goes on two wheels, mmm hmmm?

maybe I shouldn't ask this :p - did you surprise her, or was it one of those 'about time...' things, eh?

:D

Motoracer
23rd December 2003, 12:31
Congrats man!! :niceone:

If you are planning for the big day between Jan-Mar, a friend of mine who is a very talented photographer who does weddings will be comming into NZ during that time. Here is her site: http://www.fairy-tale-wedding.com/ and the other one: http://www.gaiagirl.net/

Now you are one step closer to getting thoes race rep PJs for your kids :D

Coldkiwi
23rd December 2003, 12:43
Now you are one step closer to getting thoes race rep PJs for your kids :D

you know it :)

it'll probably be between june and october actually but i have a few connections to photographers anyway. Thanks for the heads up though!

And J, believe me, an interest in bikes was a non-negotiable criteria before I asked her out! her dad's a car nut and certainly appreciates the performance of bikes (not too mention the shininess of a new GSXR.. lets just not mention those scratches)
:)

the only way this christmas could get better would be to win lotto so I could pay off the gixxer, wedding and recoup the ring costs.... but I'm quite happy without all that.

wkid_one
23rd December 2003, 13:04
Well - I will make no comment. I am noticing a trend tho......except I didn't highside the wife - the result was the same.......

James Deuce
23rd December 2003, 13:10
Congrats bud!!

Best of luck and long life.

bluninja
23rd December 2003, 14:07
Congrats CK. I wish you and Angela well. So instead of a stag night, are you going to do an all day hoon on 2 wheels? Have a wonderful Christmas.

duckman
23rd December 2003, 14:16
Well done Richard. :rockon:

Sharkey
23rd December 2003, 14:57
Nice work mate.

I tried to send a congrats email, but our work system is mud. Anyway, best wishes and all that.

Al
23rd December 2003, 20:51
Congrats CK, may your 2 lives be filled with happiness!!!!
:Punk:

Andrew
23rd December 2003, 21:24
Best wishes for both you and Angela. You look like the happiest guy alive and nothing can get in the way of that happiness, well done!!!

MikeL
24th December 2003, 12:33
Congratulations, Richard, and best wishes to you both.
Live long and prosper!

:niceone:

wari
24th December 2003, 12:41
Cool ... when will my invite arrive ?

heh heh ... actually , does the best man need an invite ? :confused:

:eek:

wari
24th December 2003, 12:43
Oh yeah ... congratulation CK :niceone:

Marmoot
24th December 2003, 17:28
Congrats.
n Merry Christmas :yes:

riffer
25th December 2003, 09:25
Yes, excellent dude.

May your first marriage be your only one!

All the best for the future.

Si (Celtic)

Coldkiwi
27th December 2003, 08:40
Thanks guys,
your thoughts are much appreciated!
Its been a wonderful christmas with everyone getting excited for us as well as the two of us being over the moon. And I've just got my GSXR back on the road!! what a great time of year :)

Kwaka-Kid
27th December 2003, 08:51
feck! sorry im so damn slow to the mark CK but congratu-f**king-lations! good shit dude, only a few months ago and i would have been slinging off @ wasting money etc.. but feck if it makes you happy dude then go for it, hope all works out and by the sounds and looks of things i think it has to.

Coldkiwi
27th December 2003, 09:11
make me happy?? dude, its sent me over the moon!! :) Can hardly wait for the big day (sometime in June probably)

Kwaka-Kid
27th December 2003, 11:20
hahha, nice one dude.. and what are you doing online? if your home shudnt you be out riding? can someone tell me what the weathers like? unfortunatly for me im working, but thanks to peeks over shoulders i have net login here at this work now so im sorted!

MikeL
27th December 2003, 11:40
One more word of advice, CK, for when you're married. It's not a good idea to introduce your wife the way a colleague of mine does. He's been married yonks and the relationship has had its ups and downs in more ways than one. He takes a perverse delight in introducing her with the words, "This is my first wife".
:no: :no: :no:

Motoracer
27th December 2003, 12:16
Weather is awesome! Mostly sunny with a few scattered clouds. I too am stuck inside a windowless workplace right now :brick:

Firefight
27th December 2003, 12:41
Weather is awesome! Mostly sunny with a few scattered clouds. I too am stuck inside a windowless workplace right now :brick:

Yeah me too, (workin that is), still atleast I got windows ! What about a ride Sunday ?? :wacko:

firefight.

Motoracer
27th December 2003, 14:09
I really wish I could but the rear tyre is almost flat. There is a leak where the air comes out if the tire pressure goes anything above 10 PSI. If I go for a ride, the hole might get bigger and I might get stuck somewhere. I just tried to call a few places to see if I could get another tire but I guess I am all out of luck before Monday. Sorry FF, I will have a new set of tires for next week thoe.

Firefight
27th December 2003, 14:48
:cool:
I really wish I could but the rear tyre is almost flat. There is a leak where the air comes out if the tire pressure goes anything above 10 PSI. If I go for a ride, the hole might get bigger and I might get stuck somewhere. I just tried to call a few places to see if I could get another tire but I guess I am all out of luck before Monday. Sorry FF, I will have a new set of tires for next week thoe.

MR, what size tyre do you need ?, ring me on my cellphone, Iam at work till
just after 5.00pm to day

firefight. :cool:

Marmoot
28th December 2003, 20:40
He takes a perverse delight in introducing her with the words, "This is my first wife".:

Is it worse than "This is my ex girlfriend"? :blah:

SPman
28th December 2003, 21:33
He takes a perverse delight in introducing her with the words, "This is my first wife".
:no: :no: :no:
My ex used to introduce me as "my first husband"

Ha ha ha ha ha! :)

750Y
30th December 2003, 19:58
congrats to you both CK.

wkid_one
31st December 2003, 06:53
I like the quote by Rod Stewart 'Fuck getting married again - I am just going for find a woman I don't like, and give her a house'.

Big Dog
31st December 2003, 07:23
Congrats CK, just remember,
when living off of the fruits of love,
dispose of the peelings thoughtfully,
Because ducks choke on them. ;0

wari
2nd January 2004, 21:32
Cool ... when will my invite arrive ?

heh heh ... actually , does the best man need an invite ? :confused:

:eek:

I didnt get an answer to this q? ... can only mean one thing eh ...

Coldkiwi
3rd January 2004, 21:14
hehe, mate with the trouble we're having trimming the guest list down to an economic level, I might not get to go!!

inlinefour
17th January 2005, 02:35
While I understand Jim2's delight at getting a new bike (very familiar with that having got my super-tasty GSXR in november), I think I might have an even better Christmas because as of yesterday...
I GOT ENGAGED!!

For those of you at KB BBQ #1, she's the same girl that came along with me then (Angela)

needless to say, I'm on cloud nine!!! :bigthumb:

Hope you guys die happily together some time is the far future...