PDA

View Full Version : GN250 charging system?

Fast Eddie
16th March 2012, 11:04
Trawled through some old threads but this will be quicker for me.

Got the girlfriend an '05 GN250, thought they are supposed to be reliable wee bikes good for learners. Anyway, managed about 1.5 hours of riding before battery drained and engine stalled.

Battery out, its brand new, charged it over night back up to 12.9V resting.

Battery in bike at idle/2,500rpm sits about 12.4v and at 5,000rpm sits about 12.2V so obviously not charging, if you put lights on etc it goes down further.

I'm trying to test the generator/ac stator but the photocopied manual has images which are too faded to see whats going on. Have included some images, is the plug I am holding the correct 3 wire plug that is coming from the stator/generator.

I have tried to get both an AC reading and a resistance reading across the 3 points but nothing at all on the multimeter.. so thought I had the wrong plug or something. It just doesnt register at all on the multimeter.

What else should I be doing to trace the problem.

And anyone have any parts avail? - the mrs is fairly bummed having saved and spent all the cash she had on the bike only for it to die on her an hour later and the prev owner not really going to come to the party in the way of helping with cash. bit of a bummer.

ducatilover
16th March 2012, 11:52
Have you got the multimeter set correctly? A lot of cheaper ones will not measure AC, I found this out the dumb way trying to test my stator.

Is there a circuit between any yellow wire and a ground? If so, it's fucked.
If you get no resistance there's a break in the circuit (obviously), probably melted wires or a solder joint had died.

If your stator is poked, it's not the most entertaining job to re-wind one, but it's easy and cheap.

nzspokes
16th March 2012, 11:55
read the first post in this. http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/132696-Basic-troubleshooting-steps

PDF on there is very helpfull.

Fast Eddie
16th March 2012, 12:07
Have you got the multimeter set correctly? A lot of cheaper ones will not measure AC, I found this out the dumb way trying to test my stator.

Is there a circuit between any yellow wire and a ground? If so, it's fucked.
If you get no resistance there's a break in the circuit (obviously), probably melted wires or a solder joint had died.

If your stator is poked, it's not the most entertaining job to re-wind one, but it's easy and cheap.

I tested my fireblades charge system, batt, stator AC output and resistance and the reg/rec resistance with same multimeter and got correct readings.

yea well thing is im just not getting reading at all when i prob the stator output plug eh.. im sure its contacting, the needle point from multimeter to the plug, its a little tight..

but yea, pain in the ass. I rung local suzuki joint they just said reg/rec prob failed dont worry bout stator haha, so not much help from them yet. reg/rec is 200 bucks too, pricey bastards its just a gn

Fast Eddie
16th March 2012, 12:08
read the first post in this. http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/132696-Basic-troubleshooting-steps

cheers! will get to it

Fast Eddie
16th March 2012, 12:11

hehe cheers, will prob pm you for more details if it comes to that,

thanks for the checks to perform, like the above post i just get no reading at all aye, I probed all over the place both resistance and trying to ground and the multimeter just doesnt register which makes me think I have the wrong plug or the meter probes arent getting in deep enough to contact. anyway. they look like that are, its just a tight plug.

if i cross the leads etc it registers so its just a pain. I'd rather get some sort of reading than just nothing

Fast Eddie
16th March 2012, 12:26

that was a good post, thanks. The two pdfs contained within are also useful. Have pretty much done all that is suggested tho, so not sure why I can't get reading at all from stator plug.. keep thinking I have the wrong one or something.

Apparently it should either give some inconsistent ohm reading for resistance or at least say open loop or some sort of response, same with continuity, and ac voltage output but it just doesnt register. Bastard.

but, on the side, if anyone has a reg/rec or knows of one for less than $199 I'll be keen on it. just a straight plug in/mount to original bolts.

Fast Eddie
16th March 2012, 12:35
mint, prev owner will go halves on reg/rec cost.. so hopefully its that, hes swinging 100 slides into the acc. good man

ducatilover
16th March 2012, 12:52
I tested my fireblades charge system, batt, stator AC output and resistance and the reg/rec resistance with same multimeter and got correct readings.

yea well thing is im just not getting reading at all when i prob the stator output plug eh.. im sure its contacting, the needle point from multimeter to the plug, its a little tight..

but yea, pain in the ass. I rung local suzuki joint they just said reg/rec prob failed dont worry bout stator haha, so not much help from them yet. reg/rec is 200 bucks too, pricey bastards its just a gn

Can't you trace the wires from the stator? If it's coming ut the loom and plugging in to the reg/rec it should be the right one.
My guess is; if you're getting no readings you've got a rooted solder joint (they're probably a wye wound/connected set up, so the solder joint on one end will drop the circuit to all). Usually when the coating on the wires burns off you'll have it earthed out.
It's easy enough to whip the stator cover off and have a perv.

BASS-TREBLE
16th March 2012, 13:10
Did you notice the Reg/rec getting too hot to touch when you did the charging tests with it running?

I remember when I had a GN and i had similar issues (would just cutout, so charge overnight and then would only go for half an hour or so)

I had the stator rewound etc which didnt fix it.

Long story short I needed a new reg/rec, was something just under $200 from suzuki if I remember correctly.

Fast Eddie
16th March 2012, 13:27
Can't you trace the wires from the stator?

can't yet, will take the tank off and see, the wires join up to like a central sleeve/casing so kind of hard to see whats going on but yea will try trace the wires later.

figured someone who may have done this before on a GN can look at the photo posted n tell me its the plug haha.. being lazy, got things to do on the aprilia and blade as well.

no wires look burnt out or damaged etc.. hoping just reg/rec and there is no corrosion on the bike or any wires or points that are visible.

anyway, will get there eventually. Cheers fellas

Fast Eddie
16th March 2012, 13:28
Did you notice the Reg/rec getting too hot to touch when you did the charging tests with it running?

I remember when I had a GN and i had similar issues (would just cutout, so charge overnight and then would only go for half an hour or so)

I had the stator rewound etc which didnt fix it.

Long story short I needed a new reg/rec, was something just under $200 from suzuki if I remember correctly.

yea 199 for a new one, kinda pricey but oh well.

having problems testing stator but yea will prob just replace the reg/rec blindly and hope for the best. Can't be bothered pissing around with it too much to be honest. Her bike not mine haha.

Fast Eddie
16th March 2012, 14:20

jesus, hope it is easy and cheap to do cause if its the stator the suzuki dealer wants 503 odd dollars for a replacement part.. eeep!

FJRider
16th March 2012, 14:23
jesus, hope it is easy and cheap to do cause if its the stator the suzuki dealer wants 503 odd dollars for a replacement part.. eeep!

Thats half the cost of a "new" GN ...

Fast Eddie
16th March 2012, 14:40
Thats half the cost of a "new" GN ...

bingo.. trademe has a couple of offerings.. will see how we go!

bloody hell, i was thinking these were all time reliable learner bike haha! I recommended her to buy it so feel kinda bad it broke down after an hour - oops

ducatilover
16th March 2012, 15:25
Shop around lol You'll probably find that it's a common part, my stator was very common. :yes:

Fast Eddie
16th March 2012, 16:37
yea already spotted a fella selling one on trademe recons its new etc.

damn, not being able to get a reading off the stator is really bugging me now! I took tank and bits off so I could follow the wires, still tricky since suzuki (or someone) decided to grab all wires and put them in a single sleeve so you can't really follow the wires all the way, I see it goes into the sleeve and then I think im getting it where it comes out but found 2 potential plugs - one has 4 points and one 3 points.

anyway, neither of the plugs give any reading or registering on the multi.

flag.. I'm going to suggest reg/rec replacement first and if problem persists then stator. the old process of elimination at someone elses expense play..

Kickaha
16th March 2012, 16:50

You can get them rewound for 1/2 that or less

Fast Eddie
16th March 2012, 16:53
You can get them rewound for 1/2 that or less

good to know, figured there would be a cheaper option eh.

hoping its the reg/rec anyway as thats easier to unplug and plug in a new one..

ducatilover
16th March 2012, 21:42
Cost me about $45 to re-wind mine and a few hours :bleh:

Fast Eddie
17th March 2012, 10:19
Cost me about $45 to re-wind mine and a few hours :bleh:

haha, wish u lived in Dunedin bro.. im sure you would be over in my shed every night helping me fill up the ashtray and such

(and rewinding stators for me and polishing metal etc etc)

ducatilover
17th March 2012, 11:33
haha, wish u lived in Dunedin bro.. im sure you would be over in my shed every night helping me fill up the ashtray and such

(and rewinding stators for me and polishing metal etc etc)
I've been known to work for tobacco lol

Fast Eddie
17th March 2012, 11:44
I've been known to work for tobacco lol

haha :D me too, kinda..

man o man im about to throw my toys out of the cot aye. why the EFF can't I get a reading off the stator grr.. i just keep going to the blade and getting readings off that and then GN nothing at all..

am I wrong in thinking that regardless if the stator is good or fucked I should get SOME sort of reading right? either some crazy high or low AC voltage or some high resistance or some sort of resistance or even an Open Loop message? something surely?

I get nothing on the multi..

so gay, just wanna fix the bike for the mrs so she can enjoy it, only got to ride it for an hour n a bit before it died.

made another thread seeing if there are any other GN250's in dunedin on here on KB and maybe I can go over there and try my method on their stator n see if I get a reading.

so if anyone in dunedin has access to a running GN250 that I can probe with a multi, hit me a PM!!

ducatilover
17th March 2012, 11:52
You should get a reading, that's why I think you have a dead solder joint.
If you pull the stator cover off and have a peek you might see burnt shit or some fucked wire.

I'd check the stator, if it looked okay, I'd snip the wires to it and take a measurement. If it turns out okay, wire it straight to the reg/rec (it's what I've done with mine) so if it happens again you don't have to sift through the loom like a hobo in a maccas bin.
If you still get no reading, then I'd be inclined to say the stator is dead.
It could be as simple as a broken wire

ducatilover
17th March 2012, 11:57
http://www.electrosport.com/media/pdf/fault-finding-diagram.pdf

Use this

Fast Eddie
17th March 2012, 12:08
http://www.electrosport.com/media/pdf/fault-finding-diagram.pdf

Use this

yip got that already, cheers :)

its very useful if u can get a reading hehe.. it is a good chart tho but not helping at the mo with not getting readings off stator

Fast Eddie
17th March 2012, 12:08
You should get a reading, that's why I think you have a dead solder joint.
If you pull the stator cover off and have a peek you might see burnt shit or some fucked wire.

I'd check the stator, if it looked okay, I'd snip the wires to it and take a measurement. If it turns out okay, wire it straight to the reg/rec (it's what I've done with mine) so if it happens again you don't have to sift through the loom like a hobo in a maccas bin.
If you still get no reading, then I'd be inclined to say the stator is dead.
It could be as simple as a broken wire

yea guess I'll have to.. I didnt want to take sidecover off as I dont have another gasket etc..

low on funds at the moment, too many broken bikes sucking money

Fast Eddie
17th March 2012, 12:11
If it turns out okay, wire it straight to the reg/rec (it's what I've done with mine) so if it happens again you don't have to sift through the loom like a hobo in a maccas bin.

haha, yeee.. dunno bout wiring it straight to reg/rec.. I don't know fuck all about eletrical systems so wouldn't know what I was doing eh.

but something to look at another time maybe. gotta learn sometime.

but for now, not my bike, its a new bike for the mrs. just want it running so she can enjoy it and practice riding. it was supposed to have been a no fuss buy for a learner to turn key n go for many kms. I didnt read up about the GN's before which was stupid.. had I seen the common elec/charging faults they had I woulda been hesistant.

ducatilover
17th March 2012, 12:16
Fuck the gasket, use silicon!
The wiring is possibly the easiest job in the world, the three wires from the stator go to the three yellow ones on the reg/rec.

Or, kick the junker over and tell the woman to fix it after making you a sandwich

Fast Eddie
17th March 2012, 12:55
Fuck the gasket, use silicon!
The wiring is possibly the easiest job in the world, the three wires from the stator go to the three yellow ones on the reg/rec.

Or, kick the junker over and tell the woman to fix it after making you a sandwich

haha, - stand by for photos... everything looks mint all wires are good, contacts are good. no corrosion etc.. mmm

Fast Eddie
17th March 2012, 13:00
Various shots of the stator and its wiring. looks new to me.. nothing obvious to me anyway, it should be producing some sort of voltage or resistance i think..

Fast Eddie
17th March 2012, 13:02
the two plugs which come from the stator I believe, traced the wire good enough pretty sure these are the ones.. not many others to choose from anyway haha.. they look clean with good contacts. getting the probes down in there is tricky but I cut 3 bits of wire and shoved that down there and to try make a better contact for the multi and still nothing registers.

Fast Eddie
17th March 2012, 13:04
and finally, the multimeter in question, and a photo of what it displays on the GN followed by what it displays when doing same test on the fireblade.

the single line or 1 that the multimeter displays on the GN is the the same as what the meter displays anytime the probes are not connected to anything (or each other)

ducatilover
17th March 2012, 16:55
:blink: There must be a break in the stator circuit, or it's the wrong plug (I don't think it's the wrong plug...) otherwise your multimeter only likes real bikes (and fair enough too)

Kickaha
17th March 2012, 17:11
The stators I have are different than that, sorry

Fast Eddie
17th March 2012, 17:24
haha, yea.. multi has been good on my blade :D

- my multi has the sharp probes so I probed thru the insulation on the 3 yellow stator wires at a few points along the wires from the plug up until as close as I could get to where they originate from and exit the engine cover.. got no readings anywhere.. so if there is a break it must be between where the wires exit the engine cover and the stator itself.. which is like less than 2 inches of wire.. and looking at the wiring and stator/winding nothing looks amiss at all. looks very new and undamaged aye..

f*ck it.. I'm gonna admit defeat. At least I tried, not sure if the mrs has any money left after buying the bike.. guess will just flip a coin and replace one part first and then the other and see if it starts charging.

Gonna try put up a parts wanted ad on KB.

Fast Eddie
17th March 2012, 17:25
The stators I have are different than that, sorry

all good man, thanks for digging around for me

ducatilover
17th March 2012, 17:33
I could explain more, but I think, bring the blade up and I'll do the stator lol

Fast Eddie
17th March 2012, 17:37
I could explain more, but I think, bring the blade up and I'll do the stator lol

couldn't even find fielding on a map.. I prob shouldnt be allowed on the road.

nzspokes
17th March 2012, 17:42
So have you tested the rectifier?

Looks like the pulse generator is in there with the stator. You cant probe the wires as they come out of the housing? That would answer the wiring being faulty question from there to the rectifier.

nzspokes
17th March 2012, 17:50
Action motorcycle wreckers have a lot of that kinda stuff. There on the Northshore of auckland.

Fast Eddie
17th March 2012, 18:07
Looks like the pulse generator is in there with the stator. You cant probe the wires as they come out of the housing? That would answer the wiring being faulty question from there to the rectifier.

think one of my above posts mentioned it but yea I have probed the wires along from plug until where it exits the sidecover. got no reading along the way sadly.. still nothing looks damaged or burned out and the bike has only done 13,000kms with new battery and bla bla... i dunno...

Fast Eddie
17th March 2012, 18:09
So have you tested the rectifier?

nah, I have the manual and various instructions on how to do this but simply cannot get it to happen either. not just on the GN but also on my fireblade and aprilia. both of which now have good units in them so I know they work but still cant seem to test them successfully..

im a bit shit haha

the most success I have had is testing fireblades stator and AC output..

Fast Eddie
17th March 2012, 18:10
Action motorcycle wreckers have a lot of that kinda stuff. There on the Northshore of auckland.

cheers will try and find them online or something

quickbuck
17th March 2012, 18:23

You need to look for FEILDING (http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?hl=en-GB&rlz=1T4GGLL_enNZ384NZ384&q=feilding&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x6d40357a5ad9e645:0x500ef6143a2c330,Feildin g&gl=nz&ei=uCxkT_6DL4rEmQXi2sG2CA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=2&ved=0CDkQ8gEwAQ)

Kickaha
17th March 2012, 18:28
You need to look for FEILDING (http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?hl=en-GB&rlz=1T4GGLL_enNZ384NZ384&q=feilding&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x6d40357a5ad9e645:0x500ef6143a2c330,Feildin g&gl=nz&ei=uCxkT_6DL4rEmQXi2sG2CA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=2&ved=0CDkQ8gEwAQ)

Because the interbred hillbillies who settled the place couldn't spell proper

Take the sidecar as well ̶M̶a̶n̶f̶i̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶M̶a̶n̶f̶i̶e̶l̶d̶ some race track is just down the road

Fast Eddie
17th March 2012, 18:29

haha see what I mean.. someone take my license

Fast Eddie
17th March 2012, 18:30

hehe

10char

DrunkenMistake
17th March 2012, 19:28
Engine swap with the smoker? .. Problem fixed. :shifty:

ducatilover
17th March 2012, 20:41

Take the sidecar as well ̶M̶a̶n̶f̶i̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶M̶a̶n̶f̶i̶e̶l̶d̶ some race track is just down the road
I'll swing on the sidecar

Yeah, thems fuckin' hillbillies!

Fast Eddie
17th March 2012, 23:07

hahaha good plan

Fast Eddie
17th March 2012, 23:08
Engine swap with the smoker? .. Problem fixed. :shifty:

haha f off, 2 strokes are for men only

Fast Eddie
17th March 2012, 23:09
I'll swing on the sidecar

binding contract, I'm looking for a swinger. the 1 keen fella in chch works bloody 7 days a week so even tho wants to swing doesnt actually have time to come race. which is about as useful as an asshole on your elbow

Fast Eddie
17th March 2012, 23:10
move to chch duke lover, ull love it

ducatilover
18th March 2012, 00:42
Would if I could mate, not much going on up this way :laugh:

DrunkenMistake
18th March 2012, 18:27
Convince Tigertim20 he will do it if you sweeten the deal with a test ride.

Fast Eddie
18th March 2012, 18:35

he will do what?

test riding a gn250 is about as sweet as a lemon sandwich with salt.

Kickaha
18th March 2012, 18:38

He isn't man enough for the awesomeness of the GN250

Fast Eddie
18th March 2012, 18:49
He isn't man enough for the awesomeness of the GN250

hehe.. iv had fun on it while it was running for the first few hours. goes well in the corners eh. found some flat bars for 49 bucks on tradies.. not that its my bike to be modifying

Kickaha
18th March 2012, 18:51
not that its my bike to be modifying

Here's how you sell it to her "They're not modifications dear, they're improvements"

Fast Eddie
18th March 2012, 18:54
Here's how you sell it to her "They're not modifications dear, they're improvements"

haha, how'd you know I was pushing for implants..

ducatilover
18th March 2012, 18:56
haha, how'd you know I was pushing for implants..
Pics or fuck off :yes:

Fast Eddie
18th March 2012, 19:16
ask and yee shall receive..

DrunkenMistake
18th March 2012, 19:44
I like Fast eddie..

Just that little bit more..

Kickaha
18th March 2012, 20:12
ask and yee shall receive..

Is that the girlfriend? didn't think her tits were that big eeerrrrrrrr not that I was looking

Fast Eddie
18th March 2012, 20:39
hehe, nah sadly not that big.. :violin:
just pinched it off the net, but nobody on KB needs to know that :D

hayd3n
18th March 2012, 22:31
missus used to have a 06 gn250 rteg/rectifier died i replaced it with a mid 80's reg/rect $40
and never had a problem ever since
sold the bike for half a bengal stud last year

gammaguy
18th March 2012, 23:37
Trawled through some old threads but this will be quicker for me.

Got the girlfriend an '05 GN250, thought they are supposed to be reliable wee bikes good for learners. Anyway, managed about 1.5 hours of riding before battery drained and engine stalled.

Battery out, its brand new, charged it over night back up to 12.9V resting.

Battery in bike at idle/2,500rpm sits about 12.4v and at 5,000rpm sits about 12.2V so obviously not charging, if you put lights on etc it goes down further.

I'm trying to test the generator/ac stator but the photocopied manual has images which are too faded to see whats going on. Have included some images, is the plug I am holding the correct 3 wire plug that is coming from the stator/generator.

I have tried to get both an AC reading and a resistance reading across the 3 points but nothing at all on the multimeter.. so thought I had the wrong plug or something. It just doesnt register at all on the multimeter.

What else should I be doing to trace the problem.

And anyone have any parts avail? - the mrs is fairly bummed having saved and spent all the cash she had on the bike only for it to die on her an hour later and the prev owner not really going to come to the party in the way of helping with cash. bit of a bummer.

let me know if you need a manual

Fast Eddie
19th March 2012, 09:07
missus used to have a 06 gn250 rteg/rectifier died i replaced it with a mid 80's reg/rect $40
and never had a problem ever since
sold the bike for half a bengal stud last year

yea would like to buy any reg/rec to suit for that sort of price. Can't find one anywhere.. if anyone knows of a reg/rec avail let me know aye. I'v made parts wanted ad on here, and another thread plus this one looking for parts. nothing yet...

Fast Eddie
19th March 2012, 09:08
let me know if you need a manual

cheers man, I've got a pdf manual on here.. cant make out the pictures/images but can see most of the text..

whats ur one like :)

ducatilover
19th March 2012, 10:30
Make one fit :laugh:

Fast Eddie
21st March 2012, 13:21
Make one fit :laugh:

hehe, a fella said he had a stator and reg/rec from an 04 built.. should work on 05. I said i was keen - hoping he gets back to me haha havent heard back yet.

Fast Eddie
27th March 2012, 16:48
what do you fellas think of this. A stator for $15 bucks USA currency..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260876843580?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

15 bucks.. versus over 500 from suzuki..

the jew in me says take it, the other fella that sees its prob coming from dark china says 'will it even work? and if it does for how long?'

.... mmm

think we've narrowed it down to being the stator, hayd3n brought round a known working reg/rec and we plugged it in and still no charge

Fast Eddie
27th March 2012, 16:51
although these bikes are made in China arent they? probably the same bit they use in the factory..

ducatilover
27th March 2012, 17:04
Do it, that's an excellent price.
I'd be tempted to buy a few in and sell 'em on TardMe

Fast Eddie
27th March 2012, 17:18
Do it, that's an excellent price.
I'd be tempted to buy a few in and sell 'em on TardMe

shhh get outta here, thats my plan haha. I'll try one out I guess, at that price its not going to hurt too much.

I cant tell whats going on with that wiring in the photo tho. doesnt look like its attached to the stator windings..

oh well, plunge in

ducatilover
27th March 2012, 20:49
I cant tell whats going on with that wiring in the photo tho. doesnt look like its attached to the stator windings..

oh well, plunge in
At the top of the stator you'll notice that a sheathed (giggity) bunch of wires is going in behind (heh) the stator. It also has the ignition pickup, I'm not sure if that's on the stator side of a GN?

Fast Eddie
27th March 2012, 21:14
At the top of the stator you'll notice that a sheathed (giggity) bunch of wires is going in behind (heh) the stator. It also has the ignition pickup, I'm not sure if that's on the stator side of a GN?

chur, yea i think i see it hooking up to the windings.. there is definitly an extra plug or something going on tho, the 3 yellow wire plug and the 2 wire plug next to that are on the GN, but that 3rd thing I havent seen.. wonder what thats for? and what would I do with it? cut it off lol

ducatilover
27th March 2012, 21:18
chur, yea i think i see it hooking up to the windings.. there is definitly an extra plug or something going on tho, the 3 yellow wire plug and the 2 wire plug next to that are on the GN, but that 3rd thing I havent seen.. wonder what thats for? and what would I do with it? cut it off lol
Third thing (black box thing) is the ignition pick up

Kickaha
28th March 2012, 05:37
Third thing (black box thing) is the ignition pick up

You should have let him cut it off then told him that

ducatilover
28th March 2012, 09:46
You should have let him cut it off then told him that
The thought did cross my mind :laugh:

Fast Eddie
28th March 2012, 10:40
haha - still, I can't see the ignition pick up on my current coil when having a nosey..

fuck it

there is a whole running spare motor down here in dunners for the same price as a new stator from suzuki. infact cheaper even.. but mrs is too broke so gotta find some solution for cheap chinese money

Fast Eddie
6th April 2012, 14:29
yussssss!

our US$15 stator arrived in the mail yesterday, fuckn quick. we paid for it on monday and it was waitin on thursday ex hong kong. Say what you will about the asians they know how to work eh.

ripped the old one out, ofcourse once I had taken it off the sidecover I could see all the obvious broken points. Screwed the new one in (didnt cut off the ignition pickup haha) and plugged it in. fired her up. Shes charging again!

Mrs.. actually didnt even say thanks, but she was stoked. Better be.

here is the comparison. Asked Suzuki if they would help us, their answer. sure, bring it in for testing for 45bucks (half hour labour) then a new stator the assumed problem, 500 plus GST, plus another 90 labour to remove old one and fit new one phew, thats 710 bucks for the dealership to solve our problem..

orr, get Fast Eddie on the blower and ill email me mates in China and have u running for under 30 NZ bucks ;)

err.. lets see how long it lasts though haha... the chinese quality stigma is still in my mind..

ducatilover
6th April 2012, 16:31
Son, you're gonna be getting gobbies tonight!

Fast Eddie
6th April 2012, 16:42
Son, you're gonna be getting gobbies tonight!

yusss haha, she's baking an apple crumble as we speak ;)

ducatilover
6th April 2012, 16:58
:drinkup::drinkup: I'll be down shortly.

Fast Eddie
6th April 2012, 18:33
:drinkup::drinkup: I'll be down shortly.

hehe lets party