PDA

View Full Version : Residency Help!!

Waylander
26th July 2005, 12:23
Ok just got off the phone with my mom and it seems that she is still having problems with our residency becouse of a traffic fine I had in the states but didn't know about.

She says the thing we need to fix it are letters from peaple I know stateing that I am pretty much a nice guy and all that. Basically being a character witness for me.
Anybody willing to help out? They do need contact details such as phone # and might call you and ask more questions so if you don't want that then dont email me. It's cool.
I'm hoping some of you in Hamilton that have met me will be willing to type one up and hand sign it so it's more real cause I am not sure if they will take emails but figure they are worth a try if that's the only way some of you can do this for me.

My email is alucard_draken @ yahoo.com

Thanks in advance, Jacob

Sniper
26th July 2005, 12:27
I had this same problem too mate, good luck and if you need a hand with anything, just shout out

Lou Girardin
26th July 2005, 13:18
Amazing, you can get into NZ with antibiotic-resistant TB, but a traffic fine may keep you out?

FROSTY
26th July 2005, 13:27
hmm ya mean if we tell em you're a lowlife scumbag bikie you might get kicked outa godzone.
Time to grease some palms methinks.
Nahh seriously dude good luck.
I'd suggest having a word to your local MP -they can really help grease the immigration wheels.

Waylander
26th July 2005, 13:29
Amazing, you can get into NZ with antibiotic-resistant TB, but a traffic fine may keep you out?
Maybe I should say I used to work for Saddam Hussein aye...lol

Not true BTW

Quasievil
26th July 2005, 13:35
Check your email, as your previous employer (the big shift)I can type all soughts of shite for ya mate

Waylander
26th July 2005, 13:42
Check your email, as your previous employer (the big shift)I can type all soughts of shite for ya mate
Thanks mate, dont worry to much about the movie cause that's not a big hurry. Be funny if you could pull it off being my employer lol

crashe
26th July 2005, 13:50
Waylander - Go and speak to your local MP...
They will help you get all the paperwork sorted out....
Take in with you all relavant info with you... as to what is required etc....

I worked in a MP's office for a while some years ago... and the MP's will help you out. The MP will write a letter for you.... that you give to immigration.

Go and see the Labour MP in Hamilton.... its Ms Yates MP.

Look in the local phone book. She may not be your actual local MP as there are a couple of MP's in different parts of Hamilton. She is a good person to see. Ring and make an appointment to meet with HER.
It could be that you will see her on a Saturday morning when she is back in town... sometimes it could be a Friday as well.

But do it now as they will be now winding up to do election doorknocking stuff.

Good luck.

Waylander
26th July 2005, 13:51
Waylander - Go and speak to your local MP...
They will help you get all the paperwork sorted out....
Take in with you all relavant info with you... as to what is required etc....

I worked in a MP's office for a while some years ago... and the MP's will help you out. The MP will write a letter for you.... that you give to immigration.

Go and see the Labour MP in Hamilton.... its Ms Yates MP.

Look in the local phone book. She may not be your actual local MP as there are a couple of MP's in different parts of Hamilton. She is a good person to see. Ring and make an appointment to meet with HER.
It could be that you will see her on a Saturday morning when she is back in town... sometimes it could be a Friday as well.

But do it now as they will be now winding up to do election doorknocking stuff.

Good luck.
I think that's who needs all this. Have to talk to my mom more to be sure.

Waylander
26th July 2005, 13:58
Ok talking to my mom right now, she is already talking to the MP.

All this is going to immigration and what I need are peaple to say that I am a good citizen and an asset to New Zealand.

Ixion
26th July 2005, 13:59
Does it have to be only people who have met you in person ?

I'm happy to write and sign a reference for you - I reckon that I can tell as much about a person on a forum like this, after a while, as I can meeting them in person.

Would they accept that though ?

Waylander
26th July 2005, 14:01
Does it have to be only people who have met you in person ?

I'm happy to write and sign a reference for you - I reckon that I can tell as much about a person on a forum like this, after a while, as I can meeting them in person.

Would they accept that though ?
Mate I'll take all the help I can get, and just cause you havn't met me is no reason for them to know you havn't lol.

crashe
26th July 2005, 14:03
I would say it has to people who have meet waylander.....
and can state that they have known him for x amount of time...
and what he is like as a person (Trustworthy, honest etc etc)
or even employed him if even only for a day or two....

Ummmm how many letters do you need....?
Surely, two or three would be survise.

Waylander
26th July 2005, 14:05
I would say it has to people who have meet waylander.....
and can state that they have known him for x amount of time...
and what he is like as a person (Trustworthy, honest etc etc)
or even employed him if even only for a day or two....

Ummmm how many letters do you need....?
Surely, two or three would be survise.
Yea two or three should cover it but the more the merrier. But only do one if you don't mind them calling you to ask more questions. Not sure if they will do so but best to cover it just in case.

skidz
26th July 2005, 14:27
Good luck Waylander. As with the rest on the MP idea.

onearmedbandit
26th July 2005, 14:52
he question is Waylander, what's it worth to you to stay here. See, this can work both ways. Pay me enough, I'll speak highly of you. You don't pay me enough....do we understand each other.

(PT)

SARGE
26th July 2005, 15:02
Ok just got off the phone with my mom and it seems that she is still having problems with our residency becouse of a traffic fine I had in the states but didn't know about.

She says the thing we need to fix it are letters from peaple I know stateing that I am pretty much a nice guy and all that. Basically being a character witness for me.
Anybody willing to help out? They do need contact details such as phone # and might call you and ask more questions so if you don't want that then dont email me. It's cool.
I'm hoping some of you in Hamilton that have met me will be willing to type one up and hand sign it so it's more real cause I am not sure if they will take emails but figure they are worth a try if that's the only way some of you can do this for me.

My email is alucard_draken @ yahoo.com

Thanks in advance, Jacob

hey Jacob,

i went theroght some of the same shit when i got to NZ from the States. they wanted not only the FBI Report, but my military history too!! ( well, i could tell you , but then i'd have to kill you...)

my problem was that i had a job, spoke fluent english and didnt arrive in NZ on a leaky boat. ( married a kiwi too!!...)

get with your MP for sure .. thats who helped me sort it out.

good luck bro.. if yr ever un in the Big Smoke, look me up homie

Ixion
26th July 2005, 15:17
Mate I'll take all the help I can get, and just cause you havn't met me is no reason for them to know you havn't lol.

On it's way - slowly - I'll send a copy to the email addy you gave and you can check it to see if you want anything added or removed . Might not be till tomorrow though depending on whether the shitty day I'm having gets any shittier. But tomorrow without fail.

Storm
26th July 2005, 16:10
my problem was that i had a job, spoke fluent english and didnt arrive in NZ on a leaky boat. ( married a kiwi too!!...)

How dare you ? Bringing useful skills into the country as well I suppose?
I'm telling auntie helen on you, we'll chuck you out and let another thousand dole bludging lazy monkeys in instead

SARGE
26th July 2005, 16:46
How dare you ? Bringing useful skills into the country as well I suppose?
I'm telling auntie helen on you, we'll chuck you out and let another thousand dole bludging lazy monkeys in instead

im sorry i brought useful skills in.. im sorry sorry sorry...

i guess now i gotta shag auntie helen for my punishment? :puke:

White trash
27th July 2005, 16:38
Ask your MOM, ask your MOM, that's all you ever do. Christ man, stand on your own two feet. Marry some Kiwi bird, problem solved.

Ooopps, better ask Mom first........

Waylander
27th July 2005, 16:42
Ask your MOM, ask your MOM, that's all you ever do. Christ man, stand on your own two feet. Marry some Kiwi bird, problem solved.

Ooopps, better ask Mom first........
Lol if you only knew the PM I got this morning. (was a joke but very appreciated) Anyway I am trying to mate but at the moment my only source for money to do this stuff and to get food and such is from her. I am keeping tabs of all that I owe her and will pay her back ASAP once I have a job. Owed my parents close to $3,000 USD before we came down here and I payed that back within a year by not buying anything but food, gas to get to work and credit card payments.

Big Dave
27th July 2005, 17:10
Lol if you only knew the PM I got this morning. (was a joke but very appretiated) Anyway I am trying to mate but at the moment my only source for money to do this stuff and to get food and such is from her. I am keeping tabs of all that I owe her and will pay her back ASAP once I have a job. Owed my parents close to $3,000 USD before we came down here and I payed that back within a year by not buying anything but food, gas to get to work and credit card payments.

The proplem was the 30k he racked up on said credit card in the meantime however.

unhingedlizard
27th July 2005, 17:16
I heartely endorse this event or product.

Waylander
27th July 2005, 18:10
The proplem was the 30k he racked up on said credit card in the meantime however.
$3.5k actually Still USD. Had 11.5% interest or something like that. Payed it off at $300 every two weeks when my minimum payment was %54.45 a month.

SPman
27th July 2005, 19:28
I would say it has to be people who have meet waylander.....

Bugger! It was all going so well, too, then you had to bring that up.........

Storm
28th July 2005, 09:38
We're not quite that inhumane. We'd have the Human Rights crew on our case if we subjected anyone to that sort of punbishment. Because its election year however, you get let of with being one of those bike riding hoons(we'll tax you good! ) and be sure to drink lots of beer and become a rigby fanatic so as to blend in with the locals

unhingedlizard
28th July 2005, 09:50

Dude, dont even joke about that shit.

SARGE
28th July 2005, 10:53
We're not quite that inhumane. We'd have the Human Rights crew on our case if we subjected anyone to that sort of punbishment. Because its election year however, you get let of with being one of those bike riding hoons(we'll tax you good! ) and be sure to drink lots of beer and become a rigby fanatic so as to blend in with the locals

the day i finallly got residency, i was presented with an AllBlacks strip, a box of Stienies and a sheep

havnt figured out what the AB Strip is for yet :doh:

Storm
28th July 2005, 11:24
I see you're already fitting in just fine :drinkup: :whistle:

Wolf
28th July 2005, 11:26
im sorry i brought useful skills in.. im sorry sorry sorry...

Nah, anyone tried to do that to you and Amnesty International would intervene

Waylander
28th July 2005, 11:48
GOOD NEWS!!!!!! All I need is the hard copies of all the emails and I'm sweet!!!

Soon as they get those they will send it off to the auditors peaple that check and make sure all the paperwork is in order and it's all go. From there we just get our pasport stickers and it's a big go!!!

WWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

SARGE
28th July 2005, 11:51
GOOD NEWS!!!!!! All I need is the hard copies of all the emails and I'm sweet!!!

Soon as they get those they will send it off to the auditors peaple that check and make sure all the paperwork is in order and it's all go. From there we just get our pasport stickers and it's a big go!!!

WWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

so beers are on you then??? :beer: :drinknsin

Waylander
28th July 2005, 12:09
so beers are on you then??? :beer: :drinknsin
Once I have a job you bet. Hows that thing at Colmans lookin? lol

justsomeguy
28th July 2005, 12:12

Congratulations. :2thumbsup

Waylander
28th July 2005, 14:21
Congratulations. :2thumbsup
Thanks, also I am now putting in the paper work to get my lisence changed over.

Residency going through
Lisence changed over
Bike parts arriving in a few weeks
New helmet arriving in a few weeks...

All I need now is a job and then this would have to be the best month I've had in a long time.

Wolf
28th July 2005, 14:41
Thanks, also I am now putting in the paper work to get my lisence changed over.

Residency going through
Lisence changed over
Bike parts arriving in a few weeks
New helmet arriving in a few weeks...

All I need now is a job and then this would have to be the best month I've had in a long time.
Congrats, Jacob.

Hope you do get a job and round off the month proper-like

Waylander
28th July 2005, 14:54
Congrats, Jacob.

Hope you do get a job and round off the month proper-like
Yup, get a job then let me get a few paychecks under my belt and then I'll set up a ride/party at my place. Hell mate if I've got the new engine in the rebel and that thing road worthy I'll let you take that for a spin so you can join in on the ride.

Damn I'm in a good mood.:ride::2thumbsup

justsomeguy
28th July 2005, 14:59
You been on the phone to Colemans yet??

Waylander
28th July 2005, 15:02
You been on the phone to Colemans yet??
Should probably do that aye... Ok I'm off to call and then make my lunch.

crashe
28th July 2005, 15:07
Should probably do that aye... Ok I'm off to call and then make my lunch.

So whats for lunch at your place?

And we all want to know about the phone call to Coleman's...

Waylander
28th July 2005, 15:09
So whats for lunch at your place?

And we all want to know about the phone call to Coleman's...
Smoked bacon with colby cheese and scrambled eggs (would be fried if I could do it without breaking the yolk) on wheat bread with salad dressing and wattes BBQ sauce. Probably 2 or 3 of these.

As for the call trying to figure out what departmant I need to talk to.

Sniper
28th July 2005, 15:25
Well done mate

Waylander
28th July 2005, 15:34
Just gotta say, Thanks to Ramius, Ixion, Big Dave for the reference letters and all others for the offers. Rounds of whatever you drink headed your way sometime.

I actually feel like doing backflips. :ride:

crashe
28th July 2005, 15:38
As for the call trying to figure out what departmant I need to talk to.

Just ring and dont worry about what department.... Just ask for Alistar...
they will put you throu to him...

Waylander
28th July 2005, 15:41
Just ring and dont worry about what department.... Just ask for Alistar...
they will put you throu to him...
Yup, Now all I got to do is talk to the "bank" and see if I can get up there. Hope it's not raining tomorrow. Wont stop me from going if I can but I don't want to show up soaked.

Waylander
28th July 2005, 15:53
Just talked to LTSA lisencing aswell.

$39.70 per theory test (2 one for car and one for bike)
and $44.30 for administraion fees to actually have it changed over.

So in total $123.70 for the whole shabang... fun.

enigma51
28th July 2005, 15:58
Just talked to LTSA lisencing aswell.

$39.70 per theory test (2 one for car and one for bike)
and $44.30 for administraion fees to actually have it changed over.

So in total $123.70 for the whole shabang... fun.

Its an easy test just go to bp and you can buy all the question papers or shall I say scratch cards

crashe
28th July 2005, 16:13
Yup, Now all I got to do is talk to the "bank" and see if I can get up there. Hope it's not raining tomorrow. Wont stop me from going if I can but I don't want to show up soaked.

Just throw a towel in the bag to dry yourself off when you get there.
I don't think they will worry to much if you are wet...

You have got some wet weather gear haven't you?

The warehouse have the yellow gear.. the pants are $8.30.
The jacket will be about the same price.

The yellow pants do keep you dry.... I have worn then.... and they do work.

Wolf
28th July 2005, 16:24
Its an easy test just go to bp and you can buy all the question papers or shall I say scratch cards
And if you get three of any one particular image, you win a licence.

Oh, sorry, that's only up in Auckland... :devil2:

crashe
28th July 2005, 16:25
And if you get three of any one particular image, you win a licence.

Oh, sorry, that's only up in Auckland... :devil2:

No you have it wrong......

You have to pay $400 to get one up here in Auckland.... :rofl: :rofl:

Waylander
28th July 2005, 16:28
Just throw a towel in the bag to dry yourself off when you get there.
I don't think they will worry to much if you are wet...

You have got some wet weather gear haven't you?

The warehouse have the yellow gear.. the pants are $8.30.
The jacket will be about the same price.

The yellow pants do keep you dry.... I have worn then.... and they do work.
Lol allright, I'll figure something out. Still hungry so I'm gonna make a 4th sandwich.

unhingedlizard
28th July 2005, 16:42

Hey, how do you reckon using lotto type scratch cards for roadside speeding offences?

Cop: Pick a card, any card.
Me: Oh piss, donuts outside the female prision AGAIN!!!

Waylander
4th October 2005, 14:39
Finally. All 100% complete now. Have a new sticker in my passport that says I am entitled to "remain in New Zealand indefinately" Wich means all y'all are stuck with me.

Thanks for all those that helped by writing the letters for me and everything.

Does this mean I have to change my handle again?

vifferman
4th October 2005, 14:48
Congratumalations, Mr Waylander. :niceone:
You must now go and buy some fush un chups, slather them with Watties tomato sauce, and wash them down with a (wot's the most Kiwi drink? Lion Red? L&P? Steinlager?) to celebrate.

Finally. All 100% complete now. Have a new sticker in my passport that says I am entitled to "remain in New Zealand indefinately" [b]Wich means all y'all are stuck with me.
Unless they find that [insert smuggled contraband / illegal substance] that someone anonymously reported you had secreted about your person. :whistle:

Waylander
4th October 2005, 14:49
Unless they find that [insert smuggled contraband / illegal substance] that someone anonymously reported you had secreted about your person. :whistle:

Funny you should say that because my brother found some fireworks that somehow made it through everything when shipped down.....:whistle:

SARGE
4th October 2005, 14:51
Finally. All 100% complete now. Have a new sticker in my passport that says I am entitled to "remain in New Zealand indefinately" Wich means all y'all are stuck with me.

Thanks for all those that helped by writing the letters for me and everything.

nice dude.. congrats

didja get your AllBlacks strip and 3 sheep?

another Yank in Kiwiland.. this keeps up, we may start opening Starbucks and McDonald's across NZ

mmmmm.. Hoooooters.. :drinkup:

Waylander
4th October 2005, 15:04
Have they opend that Hooters in Auckland yet? If so I know where I want to be next friday.

Wolf
4th October 2005, 15:09
another Yank in Kiwiland.. this keeps up, we may start opening Starbucks and McDonald's across NZ
Too late, you buggers already have. Next it'll be drive-by shootings and country music.

Dang! They're already here too.

:devil2:

Congrats, Waylander. Does this mean you'll start talking English and learn to spell now? :dodge:

Sniper
4th October 2005, 15:22
Steinlager

Steinlager aint native.

avgas
4th October 2005, 15:32
best of luck man, had the fun immergration shebang with my g/f.
Tuariki Delamere is a complete and utter wanker - so if you can avoid him thats the only advice i can offer.

Sniper
4th October 2005, 15:43
best of luck man, had the fun immergration shebang with my g/f.
Tuariki Delamere is a complete and utter wanker - so if you can avoid him thats the only advice i can offer.

Avgas, you didn't read the Whole thread did you? :lol:

fredie
29th December 2007, 22:28
the gov did not want u in nz . sniper:innocent:

cowpoos
29th December 2007, 22:52
Go back to canada gaylander