PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Can Dimensions

k1w160
26th July 2005, 14:42
Can anybody help me out with dimensions for Yoshi, remus, Micron etc slip on cans to suit a SV1000.

Thought it would be interesting to make a pair for the bike as I have a fully equiped machine shop at my disposal.

I need to know overall length from the face of the front flange to the tip of the rear pipe, the inside diameter of the perforated absorbtion tube, and out side diameter.

Cheers

k1w160

bugjuice
26th July 2005, 14:44
why don't you measure the specs of the bike you've got in front of you, and be creative...?? No point copying, when you can be original.. ;)
just make sure you can equal the back pressure needed to maintain a good flow

DEATH_INC.
26th July 2005, 14:57
Simple,make 'em roughly the same outside dimensions as the stockers,but with a 2" perf. core through it.The 2" seems pretty universal on aftermarket mufflers on big bikes.
They don't need to be the same as the stockers outside either,but sometimes they look a bit funny if you stray too far from the standard dimensions.

k1w160
26th July 2005, 17:37
My thinking to working from the dimensions of existing cans is that they have been proven on a dyno that I neither have acces to, nor the time (and probably patience) to work with, besides, if I can get it fairly right first time it will make me a happy little camper. - so if anyone can help - thanx.