PDA

View Full Version : For those concerned..

Waylander
26th July 2005, 17:01
Yes Crashe, Bugjuice, Big Dave and the many others who gave me a hard time about my beanie helmet the other week. Got myself a full helmet on the way down.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DOT-Black-Flip-Up-Full-Face-Modular-Motorcycle-Helmet_W0QQitemZ7989171537QQcategoryZ6749QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

So bleh!:bleh: Should be here soon. My dad and brother want to spend two weeks in San Diego with family before they come down. Just need to figure out when they want to go there. Then from there straight here. So not much longer till no more bugs and rain and other assorted crap hits me in the face.:Punk:
Trying to get one of the dark smoke visors for it too since I doubt my sunglasses will fit inside this one being smaller than my last one.

bugjuice
26th July 2005, 17:04
very nice.. and good on ya..
don't recall giving you a hard time about it, but wouldn't recommend them for sure..

Big Dave
26th July 2005, 17:12
Neither did I - i wear an open face helmet a lot.
I did point out it's unsuitability on such a cold day, in a group ride and the amount of stones that kicks up and the way it was acting like a parachute and the distances you were.....OK so I gave you a hard time.... I'll make up for it later and write you a quick reference. Just need to find a few other words for 'texan redneck' and I'll ping it.

crashe
26th July 2005, 17:30
ahem cough cough..... neither did I give you a hard time..... :rofl: :rofl:

But good on ya for getting a better helmet....

Now you will be able to ride your bike and sing all those 'southern confederate' songs now, when you ride... cos up til now you have had to ride with ya mouth shut and not get all the little bugs in ya mouth...
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Waylander
26th July 2005, 17:35
It was the comments about being cold. lol
Getting them in my mouth wasn't a problem. Food on the go.:whistle: Was them hitting around my eyes making me blink heaps, hard to keep my eye on the road with all the blinking.
Hmm confederate songs... I feel a verse of Freebird commin on :yes:

Waylander
26th July 2005, 17:38
the way it was acting like a parachute and the distances you were......
Lol yea that was a pain. Also the reason I went with a medium this time instead of another large like my last helmet. The Vega moved around alot in headwinds and anytime I went over 110Ks. The nose guard started to poke me in the nose aswell got very annoying so was looking at a new helmet anyway. The heater dammage to my old one just means I can justify having my parents pay for it till I can pay them back.

I'll certainly take that reference aswell lol.

unhingedlizard
26th July 2005, 20:54
all you need now is a yellow mohawk

Waylander
26th July 2005, 20:57
all you need now is a yellow mohawk
Why yellow? I want to be different. How about glow in the dark orange?

Motu
26th July 2005, 21:10
Why didn't you tell me you wore a dorky open face helmet? - I woulda given you heaps of shit,no worries....

Waylander
26th July 2005, 21:15
Why didn't you tell me you wore a dorky open face helmet? - I woulda given you heaps of shit,no worries....
Only wearing it now cause of damage to my last helmet. In fact give me a sec I'll go take a picture of it. Would have been wearing it all summer long but you guys always crakin jokes ans such and saying how dangerous they are I figured to avoid the hassle and wear my full all the time. Now I can't really stand the beanie unless I have to. Anyway on to them pics.

EDIT: Dem Pictures

Motu
26th July 2005, 22:06
Pink squirrels? - whatever tickles your fancy....

Waylander
26th July 2005, 22:07
It's red and they're Dragons.:motu:

unhingedlizard
26th July 2005, 22:36
dragin on the road again?

Waylander
26th July 2005, 22:39
dragin on the road again?
Too long in front of a heater.

John
26th July 2005, 23:18
now you can hide your ugly mug, not a fan of flip ups, as long as its not full plastic pivot mechanism, oh well good on you.

NC
27th July 2005, 06:06
Oh I love squirrles :D they are soooooo cute :love:

NC
27th July 2005, 06:07
Too long in front of a heater.
But the openface 'beanie' helmet suits you, waylander.

Waylander
27th July 2005, 13:57
But the openface 'beanie' helmet suits you, waylander.
Hmm maybe from the side but it looks bloody ridiculas from the front. Makes my head look like a different kind of...

Big Dave
27th July 2005, 15:15
To whom it may concern.

I have know Jacob ______ for a period of six months.
During that time he has proved to be a sober and dilligent organiser and excellent communicator.
He has actively helped others and made genuine and worthwhile contributions to our social group.
He has proved to be good natured, helpful and considerate of others.
I happily commend his character and community spirit.

David Cohen
David Cohen Design.
Remuera.

Waylander
27th July 2005, 15:18
To whom it may concern.

I have know Jacob ______ for a period of six months.
During that time he has proved to be a sober and dilligent organiser and excellent communicator.
He has actively helped others and made genuine and worthwhile contributions to our social group.

David Cohen
David Cohen Design.
Remuera.
Cool!! If ya don't mind tossing a contact number on it and sending it via email then Sweet As!!

Sniper
27th July 2005, 15:25
Hmm maybe from the side but it looks bloody ridiculas from the front. Makes my head look like a different kind of...

But thats cause you have it on backwards :rofl: :rofl:

(PT)

Waylander
27th July 2005, 15:27
But thats cause you have it on backwards :rofl: :rofl:

(PT)
Believe it or not but that's on the right way... Atleast I think so. Was a bit out of it that day...

Thanks again BD for the new profile pic.:Punk: Last name is Stemmer BTW lol

Storm
27th July 2005, 16:17
And now we all know your name and can track you down and make squirrel jokes in person :whistle:

Waylander
27th July 2005, 16:24
And now we all know your name and can track you down and make squirrel jokes in person :whistle:
Meh squirrel jokes don't bother me. Used to be called Squirrel when growing up cause I climed trees all the time. AND I think Sandy Cheeks is hot.:love:

crashe
27th July 2005, 16:31
To whom it may concern.

I have known Jacob ______ for a period of six months.
During that time, he has proved to be a sober and dilligent organiser and excellent communicator.
He has actively helped others, (take out and) made genuine and worthwhile contributions to our social group.

David Cohen
David Cohen Design.
Remuera.

Just need a date at the top and your contact ph details and full postal area.

I have highlighted, where you need to add in "," and take out a word.
I also spotted one typo.
Put "To whom it may concern" in the middle of the page.

Sniper
27th July 2005, 16:33
Meh squirrel jokes don't bother me. Used to be called Squirrel when growing up cause I climed trees all the time. AND I think Sandy Cheeks is hot.:love:

See my post on neighbourhood watch. Squrriles are dangerous

unhingedlizard
27th July 2005, 16:34
too much time at home watching cartoons.

Waylander
27th July 2005, 16:36
See my post on neighbourhood watch. Squrriles are dangerous
There is one somewhere on the Jokethread aswell. Specifically about Texas Squirrels.

And Crashe, Got the Email from himand checked it. Everything is sweet. The rate that's going I'll have no probs getting residency. Y'all all a bunch of cool cats you is.

mstriumph
27th July 2005, 16:43
. and tasty :rolleyes:
Oh I love squirrles :D they are soooooo cute :love:

NC
27th July 2005, 16:56
. and tasty :rolleyes:
:no: You're a bad lady

They are soooo cute, like ducks. I just can't eat em :love:

Big Dave
27th July 2005, 17:07
They are soooo cute, like ducks. I just can't eat em :love: