PDA

View Full Version : Tank slappers ..... sort of

enigma51
26th July 2005, 18:32
The wife has a 50cc scooter which we ride to work everday as it cost $20 a month and generally the cops leave you alone when you lane split.

Now the problem is as follow about two nights ago I started noticing the bars shake as soon as we reach about 45km/h I have checked the tire pressures but its all fine does anybody have any idea's as to what the problem might be.

Its not power i mean come on 50cc! Its through corners but rather on straights. I dont think its suspension as it has only done 1500k

:ride:

crashe
26th July 2005, 18:37
umm what do the tyres look like now... are they worn...

Also maybe ask this question in the 'scooter' section....
as all the scooter riders may know the answer...

marty
26th July 2005, 18:40
i'd be taking it back to the shop - i presume it's new, with 1500 on the clock. i'd be looking at wheel bearings

sAsLEX
26th July 2005, 18:41
Its not power i mean come on 50cc! Its through corners but rather on straights. I dont think its suspension as it has only done 1500k

:ride:

I got done by a scooter this morning, was wet and I was just tootling in to uni and this dude took off from the lights, i was behind him, and i was amazed how quick it took off! bloody near gave me a fright, plus he took some corners fairly quickly for such tiny wheels

MrMelon
26th July 2005, 18:43
Dammit I opened this thread expecting a couple of hot women and a bike!

oldfart
26th July 2005, 19:15
Probably steering head. Got the manual? Bring it over & we'll run the torque wrench over it

enigma51
26th July 2005, 19:19
Probably steering head. Got the manual? Bring it over & we'll run the torque wrench over it
Was thinking in that line this morning will organize a time with you over the phone in the next few days.

enigma51
26th July 2005, 19:21
I got done by a scooter this morning, was wet and I was just tootling in to uni and this dude took off from the lights, i was behind him, and i was amazed how quick it took off! bloody near gave me a fright, plus he took some corners fairly quickly for such tiny wheels

They go pretty quick through a corner and for some reason when you lean them over too far sparks just seem to appear :whistle:

oldfart
26th July 2005, 19:23
They go pretty quick through a corner and for some reason when you lean them over too far sparks just seem to appear :whistle:
Knee down on a scooter? Now there's a thought Mr Rossi :devil2:

sAsLEX
26th July 2005, 19:42
Knee down on a scooter? Now there's a thought Mr Rossi :devil2:

ask and ye shall recieve http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8270

White trash
26th July 2005, 20:07
Have the tyres lost pressure lately? Scooter tyres have a habbit of losing pressure, then, when you pump the fuckers back up, they're off center.

Could just be it's a piece of shit.

oldfart
26th July 2005, 20:12
ask and ye shall recieve http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8270

That I like :rofl: :niceone:

unhingedlizard
26th July 2005, 20:51
have you knocked a wheel balance weight off?

Motu
26th July 2005, 21:14
Have the tyres lost pressure lately? Scooter tyres have a habbit of losing pressure, then, when you pump the fuckers back up, they're off center.

Could just be it's a piece of shit.

Yuh,I go for this one,tyres not seated in the bead,ok when pressures are high,when the pressure drop it's wobble city.

enigma51
29th July 2005, 09:00
Thanks for all the reply's the thing is going in for a service so I will get the front balanced restricter taking off etc etc etc

idb
29th July 2005, 09:57
Dammit I opened this thread expecting a couple of hot women and a bike!
I've always wondered where you go to find these tank slappers that I hear so much about......