PDA

View Full Version : Great turnout for Hampton Downs by posties

codgyoleracer
22nd March 2012, 14:02
Big congrats to all involved in the posties at having such a great line-up of bikes a the recent 2012 round 4 nationals round at Hampton as a support class.
A bonus to the organizing club is that many riders who are involved in Postie racing - dont race in any of the modern era classes, - therefore involving this group of racers as a support class genuinley lifts the entry numbers for any given event. (rather than creating new classes of racing that often simply "thin-out" the numbers of riders per class).

Posties were even a support class at this years Australian GP meeting, - which confirms their strong recognition amongst the organisers and world-wide fan support.

slowpoke
22nd March 2012, 22:41
Yep! I couldn't be there but was stunned when I checked out MyLaps and saw the numbers. Would have been great racing too.........

.............if that bloody Silver Dream Racer hadn't turned up and :bash: everyone.

codgyoleracer
26th March 2012, 15:35
Yep! I couldn't be there but was stunned when I checked out MyLaps and saw the numbers. Would have been great racing too.........

.............if that bloody Silver Dream Racer hadn't turned up and :bash: everyone.

So when are you coming to play Spuddly ?, - BTW - it was a complete turnaround for posties at the very next round at Taupo where the Pacific Motorcycle Club generously supported the class and included it in their NATIONAL LEVEL event. There was only about a third of the field size compared to Hampton. Apparently the reason is no one wants to drive the 3 hours to the track!. :facepalm: (The truth though i suspect is that given the average age of most of the postie boys, many of them are restricted to not being allowed to drive at night aye) :-)

Was another awesome national event with fantastic racing in all classes at the very top level that we have here, was worth it just for that, let-alone another excuse to ride the BIMOTA

malcy25
26th March 2012, 17:26
Apparently the reason is no one wants to drive the 3 hours to the track!. :facepalm: (The truth though i suspect is that given the average age of most of the postie boys, many of them are restricted to not being allowed to drive at night aye) :-)

Speak for yourself - I'm younger than you are!

Yeah, Hampton was a great turn out.

Taupo....I'd done my chips time and money wise for this season by then (too many toys) and already saving for next big event (which is Europe) AND I'm no fan of Taupo.....

Mental Trousers
26th March 2012, 17:33
I was really surprised at the size of the Posties field (or lack of) at Taupo compared to Hampton Downs.

But I wasn't at all surprised at the lack of entries for the Motards. Seems those boys are their own worst enemy sometimes.

Did you break something on the Bim' Glen?? Seven corners then parking it up was a bit of a surprise.

codgyoleracer
26th March 2012, 17:41
I was really surprised at the size of the Posties field (or lack of) at Taupo compared to Hampton Downs.

But I wasn't at all surprised at the lack of entries for the Motards. Seems those boys are their own worst enemy sometimes.

Did you break something on the Bim' Glen?? Seven corners then parking it up was a bit of a surprise.

Had an electrical gremlin, couldnt find any fault though upon inspection and the bike ran perfect the very next race ..... ,followed by much scratching of heads & confused looks on faces as to what the problem was.

roadracingoldfart
27th March 2012, 18:58
Had an electrical gremlin, couldnt find any fault though upon inspection and the bike ran perfect the very next race ..... ,followed by much scratching of heads & confused looks on faces as to what the problem was.

Is that the same as saying " Had a small issue that made me look like a nob so im not telling you what it was but i fixed it for the next race ok " ????

Peter Smith
29th March 2012, 21:02
The turn out at Taupo was disapointing but was to be expected.
Most racers will pick what series and races they want to do. Alot of the Posties are either from Auckland way or way down south. So AMCC, NZPCRA series or Vic series always have big numbers.
Unfortunately the PMCC hasn't drawn too many bikes in the postie class to date, hopefully it will increase next year (I may give it ago for a change).
But Hampton Downs was also a NZPCRA points round, had national TT titles plus long races.
Taupo was only going to attract those doing the series and sitting around all weekend for three very short (5 lap) races was going to be difficult attracting bikes.
Just my opinion.

Peter Smith
29th March 2012, 21:06
Is that the same as saying " Had a small issue that made me look like a nob so im not telling you what it was but i fixed it for the next race ok " ????

:msn-wink::msn-wink:

merv
29th March 2012, 21:30

You mean like turning a fuel tap off or summat like that then :laugh:?

codgyoleracer
30th March 2012, 21:10
You mean like turning a fuel tap off or summat like that then :laugh:?

HaHa yeah i wish it were something simple, aint found nothing yet.

codgyoleracer
30th March 2012, 21:13

Sounds like its you thats used that line before ?, but then again - not surprising if a Honda is your choice of mount............... (nibble, nibble :-) )

codgyoleracer
30th March 2012, 21:17
The turn out at Taupo was disapointing but was to be expected.
Most racers will pick what series and races they want to do. Alot of the Posties are either from Auckland way or way down south. So AMCC, NZPCRA series or Vic series always have big numbers.
Unfortunately the PMCC hasn't drawn too many bikes in the postie class to date, hopefully it will increase next year (I may give it ago for a change).
But Hampton Downs was also a NZPCRA points round, had national TT titles plus long races.
Taupo was only going to attract those doing the series and sitting around all weekend for three very short (5 lap) races was going to be difficult attracting bikes.
Just my opinion.

"Sitting around" - whilst watchin the best racers and race bikes in the country ? - where's the passion? :-)

I'll forgive you though Pete, at least you popped in to check out the fun whilst still on the clock at work.................

roadracingoldfart
31st March 2012, 06:51
Sounds like its you thats used that line before ?, but then again - not surprising if a Honda is your choice of mount............... (nibble, nibble :-) )

Nibble away old fella , im still cracking up at the , " sub tropical Palmerston North " title :sunny::no::laugh::cold:

codgyoleracer
3rd April 2012, 10:00
It all depends on your interpretation of the word "Sub" i suppose :-).

The only suspect i found was a squished coil wire trapped behind a bracket, so maybe it was that.