PDA

View Full Version : Scorpio high rev stutter?

The End
23rd March 2012, 07:27
Riding to uni today on the motorway I noticed when the bike was getting over 6.5-7k RPM (which isn't unusual to maintain 100) the bike would sort of briefly stutter, like it lost power for a split second and then it would go away. Can't be hitting the rev limiter, red line starts at 9k

First noticed it yesterday and thought it was a once off, happened a few times this. morning.

Bike has just done 5000km, last serviced at 3200.

Ideas/thoughts?

Tigadee
23rd March 2012, 07:45
Checked sparks? Checked fuel filter?

SMOKEU
23rd March 2012, 09:36
Sounds like it's not getting enough fuel. Had the same problem with a scooter of mine.

The End
23rd March 2012, 09:54
I'll give the fuel filter and plug a look when I get home, checked them around 800km ago and they were sweet.

ducatilover
23rd March 2012, 11:51
Check you air filter too and look hard for any perished rubber bits.
If you're running it 91, put some 95 in it and see if it helps.

FJRider
23rd March 2012, 12:24
Checked sparks? Checked fuel filter?

And check to see if the fuel tap on the tank is blocked. And check the fuel line isn't kinked.

The End
23rd March 2012, 14:35

Actually that is a valid point, yesterday before I started noticing the problems I fuelled up at Mobil when I normally go to BP. I used Mobil's equivalent of 91...funny how the "problems" have started since then.

Oakie
24th March 2012, 07:22
Actually that is a valid point, yesterday before I started noticing the problems I fuelled up at Mobil when I normally go to BP. I used Mobil's equivalent of 91...funny how the "problems" have started since then.

More likely to be the quantity of fuel getting through rather than type. I'd check what the other posters have suggested. Failing that though, for an unlikely solution, check the tank overflow hose. If blocked it can cause a slight vacuum in the tank which slows fuel delivery. Happened to me. Took two years to diagnose.

mossy1200
24th March 2012, 07:53
Riding to uni today on the motorway I noticed when the bike was getting over 6.5-7k RPM (which isn't unusual to maintain 100) the bike would sort of briefly stutter, like it lost power for a split second and then it would go away. Can't be hitting the rev limiter, red line starts at 9k

First noticed it yesterday and thought it was a once off, happened a few times this. morning.

Bike has just done 5000km, last serviced at 3200.

Ideas/thoughts?

The black nozzel is diesel.Dont use that.

Maybe the carb isnt filling fast enough for the petrol used at higher rev or even possible the floats are just a fraction low after service.
could be pinched fuel hose from tank or blocked fuel filter.Spark plug lead failing or plug at high revs.

mossy1200
24th March 2012, 07:57
Check you air filter too and look hard for any perished rubber bits.

My MT is the same sometimes 91 runs fine then I get a tank that backfires and farts a bit.When i tried 98 which a couple of servos have and dont have 95-96 it has a tendancy to stall at low revs.Now if the servo only has 91-98 I go to the next servo.