PDA

View Full Version : temporary freedom

Keystone19
26th July 2005, 22:08
Ok, so I'm riding home the other day and I sidle up between a couple of cars to the front of the queue, as you do. I have a quick look in my rear mirror and spot the car that I'm now kind of in front of. In the front seat are two women - you know the sort, well groomed, housewife types - in the back seat a couple of kids - ages probably 4 or 5. I sat there for a moment and I could of sworn I saw myself :eek5:. Then I realised, I was on a bike, in front of the cars, about to leave them behind. It wasn't me. I was free! :wari:

(Well, at least until I got home to make dinner, help with homework, bath the kids, read them books...)

Sparky Bills
26th July 2005, 22:10
Ahh, gotta love the feeling of....
HAHA your all in your cages having to wait for each other!!!! :Punk:

ZorsT
26th July 2005, 22:22
kinda like that feeling that i had... Being able to take my bike out just to get it a WOF, and now not being allowed to ride for another 6 sleeps....

crashe
27th July 2005, 10:03
Keystone - Aint it a great feeling thou....

Not being stuck in the traffic, listening to the kids whingeing and moaning..lol.

SixPackBack
27th July 2005, 10:08
Those kids are little sweet hearts.........you will miss them in a few short years........know what your saying. The beauty of a bike is you taste freedom every time you ride....DON"T YER FRICKEN LOVE IT :Punk:

sunhuntin
29th July 2005, 14:56
The beauty of a bike is you taste freedom every time you ride....DON"T YER FRICKEN LOVE IT :Punk:

yeh, love it enough to have several arguments for not wanting to give that freedom up for kids, lol.

LONG LIVE FREEDOM!!!!

no rules for how far up the roads you can go, no time restrictions. a womans place is in front. :ride:

Beemer
29th July 2005, 15:06
no rules for how far up the roads you can go, no time restrictions. a womans place is in front. :ride:

I always thought a woman's place was on top! Of a bike, that is!

I had a woman come up to me once with her daughter who was aged about 7. "See?" she said, "that lady (obviously didn't know me very well!) rides a motorbike - that's because ladies can do anything they like!" I liked her attitude! Hope that kid's got a bike by now!

Keystone19
29th July 2005, 15:10
"See?" she said, "that lady (obviously didn't know me very well!) rides a motorbike - that's because ladies can do anything they like!"

Ya know, in some ways, that's what a lot of it's about! :yes:

TonyB
29th July 2005, 15:51
I had a woman come up to me once with her daughter who was aged about 7. "See?" she said, "that lady (obviously didn't know me very well!) rides a motorbike - that's because ladies can do anything they like!" I liked her attitude! Hope that kid's got a bike by now!
Now I bet you weren't expecting her to say that eh! Good on her! My daughter (3) often makes comments about how only men ride bikes, drive trucks or do anything 'blokey'. It's a bit worrying actually- stuffed if I know where she gets that idea from :scratch: I do my best to put her straight, but it keeps happening.
But back on subject- I think if I didn't have a bike, life would just feel far to sanitised. It's hard to explain, you know? I KNOW I'd go nut's without one LOL

sunhuntin
29th July 2005, 16:53
kids are great...when i was riding on the back of my partners bike [cant ride in canada, so its kick back n relax! LOL] every time we went past a kid, theyd generally wave, and id wave back, breaking down several barriers before they get a chance to be built.

have to agree, a womans place is on top, and not just the bike!

i love having the freedom of two wheels...the "highway radio" has been kicking in lately...yeehaaaa!

Beemer
29th July 2005, 23:45
Now I bet you weren't expecting her to say that eh! Good on her!

I was just about to put on my helmet and she had a big grin on her face as she approached me so I got the feeling she was bike-friendly. I usually get the "wow, do YOU ride a bike?" comments, or the "are you on the bike today?" from the local book shop staff. No, I walk around in leathers and carry a helmet because it makes me look cool, whaddya think?

Funnily enough, I always wave to kids - at least the ones who wave with their hands and not one finger... but if I'm not on the bike I usually scowl at them... :mad:

I was in the AA the other day, sorting out my insurance and while waiting to be served this young guy said to me "what do you ride?" When I told him, he looked at me and said "cool!" Considering I was about twice his age, I felt suddenly a bit cool myself!

mstriumph
2nd August 2005, 22:50
Eons ago when i started riding, i caused a fair bit of suprise; not nearly so much anymore 'though so 'biker' is obviously becoming a genderless term ........:sunny:
In any event, a helmet and leathers are definately still cool! :cool:
I was just about to put on my helmet and she had a big grin on her face as she approached me so I got the feeling she was bike-friendly. I usually get the "wow, do YOU ride a bike?" comments, or the "are you on the bike today?" from the local book shop staff. No, I walk around in leathers and carry a helmet because it makes me look cool, whaddya think?

Funnily enough, I always wave to kids - at least the ones who wave with their hands and not one finger... but if I'm not on the bike I usually scowl at them... :mad:

I was in the AA the other day, sorting out my insurance and while waiting to be served this young guy said to me "what do you ride?" When I told him, he looked at me and said "cool!" Considering I was about twice his age, I felt suddenly a bit cool myself!

crashe
3rd August 2005, 10:06
yeah I get asked "Is that your bike?" when they see me about to get on it... I say "Yeah". There eyes widen and say "WOW thats cool, love the bike"

I also wave to heaps of kids, when they are on the bus, or in the back seat of the car... the kids loved being waved to. :ride: :ride: :ride:

surfchick
6th August 2005, 23:22
hey i'm over here in Northern Ireland and there's millions of gns -125 and 250's carving it up this summer- they even deck them out with screens and panniers!! arrriiiight got the gn-from Dublin to Donegal!!

yeh, love it enough to have several arguments for not wanting to give that freedom up for kids, lol.

LONG LIVE FREEDOM!!!!

R6_kid
24th August 2005, 10:37
dont have/want any kids but i could do with one of those well groomed housewives :devil2:

Beemer
24th August 2005, 11:13
dont have/want any kids but i could do with one of those well groomed housewives :devil2:

Yeah, but once she's done the housework and cooked your dinner, WHATEVER would you find to occupy her time? :devil2:

HDTboy
24th August 2005, 17:26
Get her to do the laundry, then fix the car. If she's lucky at the end of the day I'd let her have sex (only if she's done a good job mind you)

PT

Beemer
24th August 2005, 17:32
Get her to do the laundry, then fix the car. If she's lucky at the end of the day I'd let her have sex (only if she's done a good job mind you)PT

I suppose if she's been good she gets to have sex, but if she's been bad, she gets to have sex with you! :motu: