PDA

View Full Version : Heard of Moto SR? You should have

thecharmed01
25th March 2012, 20:25
I so often come across shitty customer service, that I actually decided I needed to make a post about the fact that on the weekend, whilst at Tussock Buster, I came across some guys that really impressed me.

I had a bit of time to kill while waiting after my session with Broxy and he'd commented on my bike setup not being quite right.
So I'd done a loop of TB, come back and decided to chat to the boys at Moto SR as they were offering bike setups.
Richard took one look at my bike and told me he couldn't do as much as he'd like, but he could make a huge difference to it and in only a few minutes he sure did.
He looked at it, and me, then dialed up the forks, bars and levers to be perfectly comfortable for me - and I was probably most impressed that he did it by eye and super fast.
I was even more surprised that it made the hugest difference as I knocked 20 minutes off my time when I went and did another loop of TB after he'd "fixed" my bike. It was just so much more controllable, I was able to corner properly and I was in a better riding position because of the proper bar setup.

I went back and thanked Richard, and am going to be sending up my rear shock to them to re-valve as he's the first person who when I've talked to him, hasn't treated me like just a girl but has actually talked to me and shown me exactly what he was talking about. I haven't ever had a bike shop person who actually treated me like I would understand what they were saying and like I wasn't just a dizzy blonde who knows nothing.
He also didn't talk a whole lot of crap, but he knew what he was on about without having to look anything up on Google like some others I've dealt with.
Smart guy, extremely pleasant to deal with - and best of all no bad attitude! Just super helpful and willing to go the extra mile.

While I was chatting to them, I watched more than half a dozen other riders come back and thank them for bike setups and a couple who came back to buy things.
I love seeing happy customers and these guys seem to have them in droves.

They might be in Whakatane, but I've already told him I'm going to send my business his way now and I highly recommend them!

Richard @ Moto SR
71 Commerce St, Whakatane
07 308 0310

RJM
25th March 2012, 20:36
As above, best $20 I've spent on my bike. Found them at the last Trail Blazer. Told the guy my weight, the way I like to ride, social trail rider with the odd jump... He went to work for 10 mins and it was like riding a different bike. Incredible change, I ride so much better (and safer) now.

scott411
25th March 2012, 23:59
Have used him for years on my own stuff good dude for sure

random rider
26th March 2012, 11:43
he is pretty cool. My partner is his cousin so I knew of him, but when I had him tweak my bike last time at Pumice Buster he made it so much nicer to ride.

I had to call on their services at Dessert Storm when my chain snapped. They went out of their way to get it all set up and perfect so I could get back out riding again.

They are the best to deal with.

Crasherfromwayback
26th March 2012, 11:51
While I was chatting to them, I watched more than half a dozen other riders come back and thank them for bike setups and a couple who came back to buy things.
I love seeing happy customers and these guys seem to have them in droves.

They might be in Whakatane, but I've already told him I'm going to send my business his way now and I highly recommend them!

Richard @ Moto SR
71 Commerce St, Whakatane
07 308 0310

Nice of you and the others to thank them, and good of you to put a plug in for them as well!

thecharmed01
26th March 2012, 12:07
Nice of you and the others to thank them, and good of you to put a plug in for them as well!

Credit where credit is due. :yes:

L Rider
26th March 2012, 20:10
So many people underestimate how important the correct suspension set up is & the difference it makes. Its well worth spending the money on.

CRF119
1st April 2012, 15:48
Richard is great he has helped me with a lot and because he has helped me i buy his products and also recommend him to people. You can find him here on face book.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=785577770

Shadykiwi
1st April 2012, 18:01
Another happy customer. Had them do mine at Trail Blazer lat year. It was the young guy and he did a great job, explained everything and certainly made a difference.