PDA

View Full Version : Can you get a WOF early?

pzkpfw
26th March 2012, 08:44
If my WOF is due to run out, say, 1 Month after the bike turns 6 years old (or whenever it stops getting 12 Month warrants) can I get a new WOF before its birthday in order to get one last 12 Month warrant before it goes 6 Month? (i.e. throw away 1 Month to gain 5).

Or does the "system" prevent that kind of "dodge"?

(Just to note: I'm only thinking about the administrative hassle; my bike is kept in WOF standard).

davereid
26th March 2012, 09:05
If my WOF is due to run out, say, 1 Month after the bike turns 6 years old (or whenever it stops getting 12 Month warrants) can I get a new WOF before its birthday in order to get one last 12 Month warrant before it goes 6 Month? (i.e. throw away 1 Month to gain 5). Or does the "system" prevent that kind of "dodge"?
(Just to note: I'm only thinking about the administrative hassle; my bike is kept in WOF standard).

Yes you can do it, its based on the date on your licence label, not the last WOF expiry.

Scuba_Steve
26th March 2012, 09:07
you can get it within the last 28 days before expirery but the system is setup to make moneys so theres no getting round the 6mth switch

G4L4XY
26th March 2012, 09:14
Wonder if I should do the same with mine haha, turns 6yrs old this year (not sure exactly when though)