PDA

View Full Version : Ferry crossing

_Shrek_
30th March 2012, 21:47
ok guys I need a cheap crossing for the ferry 2nd half of April for Panny & Simon (German Couple on world tour) heading to the north Island as it's to early for the Cold Duck

awayatc
31st March 2012, 03:36
Common Shrek..

surely overseas tourists on a world tour can easily pay the regular ferry fare.....

I mean ,all us poor Kiwi's have to....

and average incomes in germany are a fair bit higher.

Now if it would be for yourself that you were asking, then that would be a different story..:yes:

Panny
31st March 2012, 06:49
Hi Shrek,

thanks for asking for us! Itīs highly welcome as is any idea, to get a discount for the ferry!

surely overseas tourists on a world tour can easily pay the regular ferry fare.....
and average incomes in germany are a fair bit higher.

Hi salty dog,

I wouldnīt call myself a tourist, though in some kind we are.
And definitly we are no rich tourist or people with a high income. Indeed, we donīt have any permanent income at all.
We are motorcycle vagabonds for two years now (atw-trip) and we live on a low budget: bush camping whereever possible (which is not as often in NZ as we would wish), no hotels, no restaurants, etc.

Thereby we would be happy, if somebody would support our journey by giving a recommendation about a way to get a discount for the ferry.

Not if you have a promo code!

Thanks for you help.

Panny

nodrog
31st March 2012, 07:08
Just ride across on the sandbar at low tide, its free.

Gremlin
2nd April 2012, 23:31
If you're a member of various organisations, AA, BMWOR, Top 10 Holiday Parks etc, then you can get an automatic 10% standard off, I think.

Otherwise, you'll need to hunt for booking codes, normally Interislander only, often for specific vehicles. There used to be generic codes, they are all time dependent now.

Other option is to take an unusual booking time, it will be a bit cheaper.