PDA

View Full Version : Shrek needs a little support, guys

Monstaman
31st March 2012, 22:50
Kathy had a bad smack with a cow today while taking some RTW travellers Frank and Simone for a local tour.

She was air lifted from the Millennium Track to Dunedin where she is now recovering.

The word from Shrek is a broken shoulder and three broken ribs so Kathy is not in a good way, this is preliminary info at this stage ,I am sure he will fill in the finer detail.

Please guys show her (and Shrek) the supports she needs, much like JATZ she will need time to recover.

Cheers and good night.

JATZ
31st March 2012, 22:54
Crap... heal fast little lady, and I'm sure you will have the best "nurse" when you get home.

Best wishes from Mrs J and I :love:

tigertim20
31st March 2012, 23:05
fvck that doesnt sound like fun.
heal up soon

Woodman
1st April 2012, 05:23
Oh no,

Heal up soon Mrs Shrek.

Waihou Thumper
1st April 2012, 05:56
Sorry to hear that.
Bugger....:shit:
Heal fast and take care Mrs Shrek.....I suppose the cow just sort of looked around and carried on?
We seem to be having a bit of bad luck of late, a few nasty accidents...

blackdog
1st April 2012, 06:30
Had to be different didn't ya.

We break bones on bikes, I suppose someone eventually had to do it on a cow. Heal soon Mrs S.

tri boy
1st April 2012, 06:51
Thoughts to the shrek clan.
Cows can make good burger meat.
Shrek, time to unleash the hunter in you.

Number One
1st April 2012, 07:07
Holy cow! Or not...I say think burgers, steaks and roasts!

Hope your recovery is smooth and as painless as possible Mrs Shrek.

Subike
1st April 2012, 08:15
Keep you head up Keith
You devote as much time and T L C to that awesome little gal of yours..
And make sure the kids keep the house in order for when she returns
My thoughts with you both.
Something good will come of this, cause you is good people

Padmei
1st April 2012, 08:41
Much aroha from our family to yours shrek.

NordieBoy
1st April 2012, 09:15
Bugger .

Mom
1st April 2012, 09:16
Ouch! Heres hoping for a speedy and uncomplicated recovery. Thoughts with you both.

:love: Mom

Goblin
1st April 2012, 10:01
Bugga! Best wishes for a speedy recovery Kathy.:doctor:

Trials Rider
1st April 2012, 10:17
Oh Kathy, ouch, bugger that hurts :cry:, I have cracked a couple of ribs myself so I feel your pain, take care and get better, I am sure our big green buddy will look after you, Shrek, you might need to take the pop stick down the road and turn that cow into something useful - patties and steak comes to mind :niceone:

Take care

mossy1200
1st April 2012, 10:30
Get well soon.Make sure your mates run around after you also.

We almost hit a cow at night.A car had knocked a fence during the day and the farmer miscounted his stock returned.We didnt see it until it turned its head to face us exposing white area on it neck.

Crasherfromwayback
1st April 2012, 11:20
Not cool! Hope the pain goes away soon.

Winston001
1st April 2012, 11:41
Kathy is a good shelia and not at all stuck up. My sympathies and best wishes to her and you Keith. You have both given a lot to other people and now its your turn to be supported by your mates.

young1
1st April 2012, 13:27
Best wishes from the Naki

Mike and Leanne

young1
1st April 2012, 13:27
Best wishes from the Naki :-)

Mike and Leanne

hayd3n
1st April 2012, 15:25
hope kathy gets a fast recovery

oldrider
1st April 2012, 15:33
Damn ... another lost chance to give you mouth to mouth resuscitation Kathy! :love:

Sorry to hear about your mishap but glad you are (relatively) OK! :shit:

Get well soon. Cheers, John ..... and Pip.

_Shrek_
1st April 2012, 16:00
:drinknsin cheers guys
kathy has three broken ribs a partial collapsed lung & broken shoulder blade she's doing good was in orbit when I left last night :msn-wink: will know more later off to Dunners
& it was a 2 year old beefy she hit & if a certen cockie doesn't come to the party will retreve steer with.....

catch up later

doc
1st April 2012, 16:20
So once Kathy has HTFU, it's off to pickup a bit of "tenderised beef" I knew you would be thinking of your guts in this somewhere.

Edbear
1st April 2012, 17:21
Cow of a thing to happen. :facepalm:

I know what busted ribs feels like and I don't like the feeling much at all. All the best! Please... from one who has been there, try not to make her laugh any more than necessary... :calm:

Horney1
1st April 2012, 17:56
I hope you heal speedly and well Kathy.

_Shrek_
1st April 2012, 22:10
I knew you would be thinking of your guts in this somewhere.

:motu:

just back from Dunners, Kathy's lungs are back on track oxy not needed any more :clap: & once they have her pain in control she can come home Tues,
the bruising has started to come out & the aches & pains are there to remind her not to take on a steer when on the hobbit bike :confused:

apart from that she's do'n real good & wants to say a Big Thank You for your support & well wishers :Punk::niceone:

cc rider
1st April 2012, 22:46
Much Pooness Mrs Shrek. :no:

You'd think cows would be softer... being vegetatarian & all :confused:

Goodly wishes from Oz young Miss

CC

neels
1st April 2012, 23:12
Bugger.

Look after her well, and pass on best wishes from mr & mrs neels.

dangerous
2nd April 2012, 06:07
Kathy had a bad smack with a cow today
Please guys show her (and Shrek) the supports she needs, That not a very nice thing to call Keith... but knowing her she had it comming... a mouse could smake here about LOL... anyway weird thread cos she would know support is there with out us saying so but here goes anyways.... *takes big breath* thinking of ya K's hope ya get well soon and take it out on ya next angus berger ;)

Paul in NZ
2nd April 2012, 08:07
Shit oh dear thats no good.

Hope you heal up fast - damn solid thing to hit...

_Shrek_
2nd April 2012, 08:42
talked to her this morning still :puke: apart from that.... but she did ask how her bike was & is it :ride: & will it take much to fix :woohoo: thats my girl :love:

Crasherfromwayback
2nd April 2012, 08:45
talked to her this morning still :puke: apart from that.... but she did ask how her bike was & is it :ride: & will it take much to fix :woohoo: thats my girl :love:

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery mate!

Crim
2nd April 2012, 09:20

She's a keeper, mate (although you probly know that by know) - best wishes for a speedy recovery,
Crim

Monstaman
2nd April 2012, 09:35
That not a very nice thing to call Keith...

I was trying to be polite but ya know sometimes ..... anyway :devil2: :p

Shrek, looks like Mr.Surgeon man is doing my hand on Thursday so depending on what time we come through and if Mrs.Shrek is up for a 5 minute visit we will drop in and say hi.

Best to Kathy from Ellen and I in the mean time bro.

MadDuck
2nd April 2012, 10:27
Ouch. Sounds painful. Wishing Mrs Shrek a full and speedy recovery.

Trials Rider
2nd April 2012, 11:54

The Ultimate Women, thats great, asking how the bike is, well done Kathy :niceone::niceone::niceone:

Shrek go and buy more Arnica, great for bruising, probably a 44 gallon drums worth would be a good start.

BTW you might need a bigger BBQ with all that beef coming up :facepalm:

dangerous
2nd April 2012, 19:29
hang on... the opening post said nout bout a bike, I asumed she was in a padock with friends when a cow clouted her... was she actually on the bike blating down the road when the cow stepped out?

FJRider
2nd April 2012, 19:39
hang on... the opening post said nout bout a bike, I asumed she was in a padock with friends when a cow clouted her... was she actually on the bike blating down the road when the cow stepped out?

You know what sort of trouble you can get into ... making assumptions D ... The Millinieum Track is a gravel track on the east side of the Clutha river ... Between Millers Flat and Beaumont. It follows the path of the old railway line.

dangerous
2nd April 2012, 19:42
You know what sort of trouble you can get into ... making assumptions D ... The Millinieum Track is a gravel track on the east side of the Clutha river ... Between Millers Flat and Beaumont. It follows the path of the old railway line.so she was walking down a gravel track backwards on one leg with a arm over her head balancing a cask on her little toe when a cow fell out of the sky landing infrount thats behind her and she arsed up over it...? ok got it now

FJRider
2nd April 2012, 19:45
so she was walking down a gravel track backwards on one leg with a arm over her head balancing a cask on her little toe when a cow fell out of the sky landing infrount thats behind her and she arsed up over it...? ok got it now

We dont need to tell you things twice do we ... :lol:

oh wait ... :killingme

Aslan
2nd April 2012, 19:56
Dear Shrek, Boaz et al - sorry to learn of Mrs Shrek's misfortune - may she heal well & quickly Keith - in my thoughts Aslan

Gone Burger
2nd April 2012, 21:03
Sending scrumptious wishes and thoughts for a speedy recovery for Mrs Shrek. Hope she heels well - but with a man like Shrek at her side I have no doubt she will be very well look after - as every good lady should be. Especially a biker lass!

Monstaman
2nd April 2012, 22:29
so she was walking down a gravel track backwards on one leg with a arm over her head balancing a cask on her little toe when a cow fell out of the sky landing infrount thats behind her and she arsed up over it...? ok got it now

Gezz that is better than my story .... maybe we should stick with yours!! :lol:

unstuck
2nd April 2012, 22:35
Get well soon, gotta watch those beaumont station cattle on the millenium. Just about collected an angus bull on that corner near the lonley graves once. Beaut spot though.

ADVGD
3rd April 2012, 08:33
Hi Keith, best wishes for a fast recovery from this end my friend

cold comfort
3rd April 2012, 11:31
Ditto here- very best wishes for a full recovery. Bit late on the uptake as been away from a computer for a several days.:facepalm:

awayatc
3rd April 2012, 12:29
All the best wishes for Kathy from us......

chanceyy
3rd April 2012, 19:52
freaken ouch !!!!!!! sending speedy recovery thoughts to Mrs S

Gremlin
3rd April 2012, 20:20
All the best to your lovely lady Shrek :niceone:

_Shrek_
3rd April 2012, 20:23
All the best to your lovely lady Shrek :niceone:

cheers mate! she will be able to read this thread soon as she is on her way home from the hospital with a friend,

helenoftroy
3rd April 2012, 20:41
Ouch ! hugs & kisses to you Kathy :hug:

Hope you heal up well.....

hayd3n
3rd April 2012, 20:52
glad to hear she out of hospo!!!:yes:

_Shrek_
3rd April 2012, 21:44
Kathy is home & in good spirits, :gob: just seen all the drugs no wonder she not feeling any pain :laugh:

Monstaman
3rd April 2012, 22:10
Kathy is home & in good spirits, :gob: just seen all the drugs no wonder she not feeling any pain :laugh:

Saweet, we gonna drop in tomorrow arvo, prolly bout 2.00 pm, we would like a Latte with a teddy bear and marsh mellow and some caramel cake :wacko:

Great news anyway dudes.

blackdog
3rd April 2012, 22:21
Relief. Kathy I hope you are drugged enough for tonight, painfree and warm.

Shrek. You are allowed a dram.

_Shrek_
3rd April 2012, 22:31
Relief. Kathy I hope you are drugged enough for tonight, painfree and warm.

Shrek. You are allowed a dram.

she just saw this & said no, you got jellybeens :cry: life is just not fair aye

thecharmed01
3rd April 2012, 22:39
Gosh! That's nasty, I hope she stays high as a kite till the pains wear off a bit.
I've nursed all those injuries, but not at once the poor girl! Lots of sympathy coming from here for her. :love:

blackdog
3rd April 2012, 22:54
she just saw this & said no, you got jellybeens :cry: life is just not fair aye

They are kicking in now. Make it a single malt.

Mrs Shrek
4th April 2012, 10:23
thanks guys &gals 4 all your support. am home now trying 2 sus out left 1 handed typing, accounts 2 do so we dont have 2 show up at the soup kitchen 4 dinner.

willytheekid
4th April 2012, 11:01
thanks guys &gals 4 all your support. am home now trying 2 sus out left 1 handed typing, accounts 2 do so we dont have 2 show up at the soup kitchen 4 dinner.

So glad to read you have bounced back so well...take your time and let the body heal, your such a champ for taking so big a hit and getting back up so quickly.

Take care Mrs & Mr Shrek, lots of :love: from the KB crew

Transalper
4th April 2012, 18:35
Sad to hear of the incident, glad you're back home and working on recovery now.

Ally67
5th April 2012, 19:45

Glad she's back home. On the bright side you can get lots of practise grabbing her bum :shifty: GENTLY:innocent:

scumdog
5th April 2012, 20:05

That's the attitude Missus Shrek, good on ya!:woohoo:

And make sure Mr Shrek looks after properly huh!

_Shrek_
5th April 2012, 20:23
And make sure Mr Shrek looks after properly huh!

:yes: I make sure she take's all her pills :wacko:

dangerous
5th April 2012, 20:27
... anyway, ya got her bike fixed yet Shrek?

ohhh, and whet ever happened to the shorthorn, angus, hereford, deven, highland, jersey, friesian, ayrshire cambell Is...(actually did she get its breed?) cow anyways?

_Shrek_
5th April 2012, 20:37
... anyway, ya got her bike fixed yet Shrek?

just got the go ahead today from the insurance, will drop it off over the weekend & it will good before the time kathy is

Shadowjack
6th April 2012, 18:14
Saddened me to read this - all the best to you, Mrs S, and hope you heal well and quickly.
I'll have a single malt on your behalf, Mr S - both barrels, that is...

scumdog
6th April 2012, 22:35
Saddened me to read this - all the best to you, Mrs S, and hope you heal well and quickly.

Having a single malt meself right now, thinking how I could ease the aches of Mrs Shrek.

Need your poor sore butt massaged Kathy?? I've got soft warm hands!:D

_Shrek_
6th April 2012, 22:59
Need your poor sore butt massaged Kathy?? I've got soft warm hands!:D

that would be taking the duties of your job a little to far :motu: (any way my hands are warmer)

Shadowjack
6th April 2012, 23:00
Havinf a single malt meself right now, thinking how I could ease the aches of Mrs Shrek.

Slainte...

_Shrek_
6th April 2012, 23:01

so have you reloaded yet :blink:

hayd3n
6th April 2012, 23:06
,on a further note hows the bike???

Shadowjack
6th April 2012, 23:11
so have you reloaded yet :blink:
Heh, may have mislead you - none of those pansy double-barrel things for me, oh, nonono.
Five-shot magazines: the only way to go.

And, yes, I have...

scumdog
6th April 2012, 23:12
that would be taking the duties of your job a little to far :motu: (any way my hands are warmer)

I'm multi-talented!

And my hands aren't full of matagouri prickles!:bleh:

_Shrek_
6th April 2012, 23:14
,on a further note hows the bike???

taking it in Alex on Sunday, bent in a few places the pic's don't show the full extent but, handle bars, foot peg housing & gaurd all bent, sceen & top box not looking to flash & muffler gravel rash

scumdog
6th April 2012, 23:17
taking it in Alex on Sunday, bent in a few places the pic's don't show the full extent but, handle bars, foot peg housing & gaurd all bent, sceen & top box not looking to flash & muffler gravel rash

Sorta same damage I'd expect if you had taken it for a little pootle...:rofl:

_Shrek_
6th April 2012, 23:19
Sorta same damage I'd expect if you had taken it for a little pootle...:rofl:

:facepalm: good to see you firering on all 2cyl :corn:

JATZ
7th April 2012, 07:43
Geebuz :gob: whouda thought a cow could do that much damage :crazy:

and maybe in between nursing duties you could give your yard a bit of a tidy up, it's looking a little scruffy :sunny:

_Shrek_
7th April 2012, 08:52
Geebuz :gob: whouda thought a cow could do that much damage :crazy:

and maybe in between nursing duties you could give your yard a bit of a tidy up, it's looking a little scruffy :sunny:

just took these from the windows, front & rear, my daughters mowed the lawns while I was outmowing other lawns :shifty: well trained just like mrs S :corn:

& then I woke up :laugh:

dangerous
7th April 2012, 09:00
What, no fer n guts? as asked earler
ohhh, and whet ever happened to the shorthorn, angus, hereford, deven, highland, jersey, friesian, ayrshire cambell Is...(actually did she get its breed?) cow anyways?or id the heffa do a runner?

_Shrek_
7th April 2012, 09:11
What, no fer n guts? as asked earler or id the heffa do a runner?

:facepalm: it was 2yo steer D (that means a boy with no balls) & all Kathy did was scratch an itch on it's arse, from what I could see she hit it in the flank (the asre end) & it picked her & the bike up & faced them back the way they had just come, very lucky she didn't trampled :sweatdrop

oldrider
7th April 2012, 09:12
... ohhh, and whet ever happened to the shorthorn, angus, hereford, deven, highland, jersey, friesian, ayrshire cambell Is...(actually did she get its breed?) cow anyways?

It's got a new job as a "Quarter pounder" at MacDonalds! :bleh: (will there be fries with that?) :corn:

_Shrek_
7th April 2012, 09:33
a week to the day at home, & looking as hot as ever :love: or is that :drool:

dangerous
7th April 2012, 12:31
:facepalm: it was 2yo steer D (that means a boy with no balls) & all Kathy did was scratch an itch on it's arse, from what I could see she hit it in the flank (the asre end) & it picked her & the bike up & faced them back the way they had just come, very lucky she didn't trampled :sweatdrop
Had balls to jump in frount of a bike K, maybe had 'it' (thats a he with no balls) had 'steered' in the right direction the inamint crash could have been avoided, then again if it had just had a flank like you say it proberly wasnt thinking straight...

a week to the day at home, & looking as hot as ever :love: or is that :drool:BONDAGE... you grubbie old man ;)

scumdog
7th April 2012, 18:51

For a broken-arse she looks pretty good.

With an arse like hers how could she look anything else??:shutup:

98tls
7th April 2012, 18:58
Wow,Mrs S looking good,great to see.Vicky says "make the most of it and post up pics of S on the end of a lux".

FJRider
7th April 2012, 19:02

Has she learned how to do the dishes one handed yet ... :confused:

_Shrek_
8th April 2012, 01:43
post up pics of S on the end of a lux".

"Tui" :motu:

Has she learned how to do the dishes one handed yet ... :confused:

she didn't need to learn, she can't multi task at the moment, so does the dishers then makes me a coffee & brings it down to the shed & to top it off made my lunch today as well :Punk:

_Shrek_
8th April 2012, 08:05
For a broken-arse she looks pretty good.

With an arse like hers how could she look anything else??:shutup:

:yes: have to spred rep bla bla bla

shafty
8th April 2012, 10:15
Sorry to hear about your mishap Mrs S, looks like you've bounced back well (;)), best wishes from the King Country for an easy recover!

ps new bike for the 'Duck? or change of plans? Good luck either way.

Mrs Shrek
8th April 2012, 15:56
ps new bike for the 'Duck? or change of plans? Good luck either way.

Was never going to the duck... letting Shrek out on parole.. old bike getting fixed i hope :love:
new :scooter: after full licence

FJRider
8th April 2012, 16:00
Was never going to the duck... letting Shrek out on parole.. old bike getting fixed i hope :love:

Got your eye on any particular model of bike ... ???

_Shrek_
8th April 2012, 16:50

ps new bike for the 'Duck? or change of plans?

na mate the Rena is all go, it was mrs S bike that took the hit, pic's on post 75

shafty
8th April 2012, 18:33

Sweet; If you need someone responsible to Supervise him, ;) I'll volunteer!

Hope you're feeling ya'self again soon (;))

Shafty

_Shrek_
8th April 2012, 19:12
Sweet; If you need someone responsible to Supervise him, ;) I'll volunteer!

now there's a Tui "Yeah Right" :nya: :killingme

SVboy
8th April 2012, 21:18
Just saw this thread. Hope all is mending well misses S and mr s is pulling his weight around the house!

Padmei
9th April 2012, 17:39
Wsn't you shrek on a BMW650GS at Springs junction today with a teenage boy & mountainbike on back was it?

_Shrek_
9th April 2012, 21:19
Wsn't you shrek on a BMW650GS at Springs junction today with a teenage boy & mountainbike on back was it?

I wish it was mate, but I've been under & around one of our ride on's all day :cry: time for a new one

Mrs Shrek
17th April 2012, 19:20
Sweet; If you need someone responsible to Supervise him, ;) I'll volunteer

Shafty

:killingme somehow the words "shafty" & "responsible" just don't go together :scratch:

Monstaman
17th April 2012, 20:16
Your ribs good for Saturday Mrs.Shrek?

_Shrek_
17th April 2012, 20:26
Your ribs good for Saturday Mrs.Shrek?

:Punk::wings::woohoo::facepalm: they were on the week end just gone :laugh:

we will be there :drinknsin

Monstaman
17th April 2012, 20:43
we will be there :drinknsin

Groovy .. any special requirements for comfort? ... other than winenaesthetic

shafty
17th April 2012, 22:23
:killingme somehow the words "shafty" & "responsible" just don't go together :scratch:

Oiiii ! .....................:confused:

MyGSXF
23rd April 2012, 20:11
:shit: Jus seen this thread... Kathy.. so glad you are on the mend hun!!! :niceone:

sending you lots of luv & big hugs!! :hug:

Mrs Shrek
25th April 2012, 19:55
:shit: Jus seen this thread... Kathy.. so glad you are on the mend hun!!! :niceone:

sending you lots of luv & big hugs!! :hug:

:hug: Thanks Jen
Healing really quickly

Mrs Shrek
10th May 2012, 17:41
:woohoo: Just coming up to the 6 week mark and had my clearance from the hospital to go back to work on light duties :cool:

Now where's my bike?? :wait:

Winston001
10th May 2012, 19:34
Great to hear the update Kathy. :D

How about shanks pony for a while. Slower but you can stop and smell the briar rose.

hayd3n
10th May 2012, 20:32
:woohoo: Just coming up to the 6 week mark and had my clearance from the hospital to go back to work on light duties :cool:

Now where's my bike?? :wait:

spare here