PDA

View Full Version : Big thanks to Mainland Motorcycle School & Dan Ornsby Motorcycle Training School

darkwolf
1st April 2012, 13:27
A really big thanks to Mike, Dan and Hank for the awesome training day.

The advice given was invaluable and really identified a number of issues which I hope to be able to iron out before they become habit. I'll definitely be recommending you guys to anyone I can.

For those who haven't do so already, Mainland Motorcycle School run an advanced training course (http://www.motorcycleschool.co.nz/index.php?page=advanced) which I highly recommend. If for no other reason than to brush up on your skills or pick up some confidence.

Anyway, fantastic way to spend a day and learnt so much that will hopefully keep me out of trouble or at least help me avoid it if it comes my way.

SMOKEU
1st April 2012, 18:43
I went on that course as well, and it was the best $50 I've spent. I learnt a lot and am a much better rider for it.

PS. I was on the blue and white GSXR600 SRAD.

Canis G.
1st April 2012, 18:50
+1. Did one in february and learnt heaps.

darkwolf
1st April 2012, 20:42
I'm trying to make up an excuse to go for a ride to keep practising the new things I learnt - though not all things can be tried on the road clearly.

whowhatwhere
10th April 2012, 11:44
Did any of you get emailed a link to the photo's that Mikes wife took on the day? Apparently it's been sent out but not to me :(

darkwolf
10th April 2012, 18:50
Not me either - PM with details if you get them. I would be keen to see some photos from the day.

Oakie
10th April 2012, 19:23
I hope to do one soon ... and I'll even get work to pay for it under a personal development service award we have going.

It got me thinking too and I'll probably spend an hour or two with a driving instructor as well as I've probably got some bad driving habits over 30 years of driving.