PDA

View Full Version : F*cking Bank! (anyone care to help)

R6_kid
27th July 2005, 14:26
ok heres the story...

I want to loan/borrow $5500 so i can pick me up a ZX7R. However because i am a student and ONLY bring in $305p/w i cant get the loan unless i have security (apparently you cant use bikes as security :mad: ) so therefore they wont give me the loan. The reason i am going unsecured is that i know my parents dont want me getting a loan...

I am completely dead set on getting this bike if it looks okay when i check it on the weekend.

***edit***
got some good info from a few people. thanks for the help.

cheers guys.

Beemer
27th July 2005, 14:59
[QUOTE=gareth_d]ok heres the story...

I want to lend $5500 so i can pick me up a ZX7R. QUOTE]

If you want to LEND $5500 I can send you MY bank account details. However, if you want to BORROW $5500 I'm afraid I can't help you!

Quasievil
27th July 2005, 15:01
Hey yeah I will guarantor for you yeah sure why not:rofl: :rofl:

Sorry mate I feel for you, try a money lender but watch the interest rates finance rates etc

Marmoot
27th July 2005, 15:06
I believe in fate....
if it's not meant to be, maybe it's better to be left alone for the mean time.

Nothing wrong in working hard for a few more months and see if the situation changes....
(yeah, I know it's hard.....)

R6_kid
27th July 2005, 15:07
yeh its a bitch. It wasnt such a problem two weeks ago when the bike was worth $8500, i was borrowing $5500 then paying the other $3000 when i sold my bike. I also had a decnt $600 in the bank. However i since purchased a helmet, new front tyre and had my steering head replaced - there goes $600... so now im a liability!

R6_kid
27th July 2005, 15:10
I believe in fate....
if it's not meant to be, maybe it's better to be left alone for the mean time.

Nothing wrong in working hard for a few more months and see if the situation changes....
(yeah, I know it's hard.....)

its not fate, its my dad. Whenever he has been involved in me getting bikes it has eventually turned to shit... whenever i go out on a limb it all turns out fine.

I've been on my learners/restricted for 3 years now and its just starting to piss me off... i will have my full in a month once i've done the DDC and im starting to reach the edge of the ZXR's capability (im not knee down as i dont have leathers) but i am frequently within the last 3-5mm of my tire on rides.

Lou Girardin
27th July 2005, 15:17
Apart from the fact that a loan guarantor carries the can if you default. (Not something a lot of strangers will do), are you actually able to get finance on a 750 when you don't have a full licence?
Finance co's require the bike to be insured. Insurance co's don't want unlicenced riders riding the bikes they insure.

R6_kid
27th July 2005, 15:34
im checking the bike over on sunday. Money would just be to purchase it up front... i wouldnt ride it til i had my full.

I see what you mean tho. It is really all pretty anal from my point of view... they dont want it going wrong, but even if i lose my working income i still get more than the minimum payment per f/night from the government as student allowance. That is minimum payment for $5500 over 3 years is like $90. So i'd still be left with $200 every fortnight.

Personally i dont want to go that way... and there is a 99% likeliness it wont. I have been in constant employment for the last 2 years as a student short of being in hospital from an accident there is no reason why i couldnt make payments.

placidfemme
27th July 2005, 15:44
Hey

I don't usually encourage or give people advise on how to get themselves into debt (from personal experience debt is bad).

Anyway... If your try unsecured you could always go through a finance company, GE Money is alright, they lent me money to buy my bike and they use the vehicle your buying as the security for the loan... so no need to own a car or house or whatever...

The interest is a killer... but that gives you one more option...

justsomeguy
27th July 2005, 15:49
Hi mate - saw you on Symonds street today at bout 10:30ish :spudwave:

How long till you finish uni??

When you are a student and for up to one year after you graduate ASB give you a graduate loan....... they gave me one to buy a cage...... this was an unsecured loan.

If you find another job - maybe just for the time being and boost your income perhaps that may make them give you a loan. Once you get the loan, you may stop that job if you wish.

Have you tried wearing something decent (church going clothes) putting on you most geekish look and going and physically visiting a personal banker and genuinely telling them how you got to travel to uni - how your current bike is very un reliable and that you want to buy another one as you can't afford any other transport..........

Just something to think about.

Beemer
27th July 2005, 15:56
Have you tried wearing something decent (church going clothes) putting on you most geekish look and going and physically visiting a personal banker and genuinely telling them how you got to travel to uni - how your current bike is very un reliable and that you want to buy another one as you can't afford any other transport..........

Just something to think about.

Good luck - when I was a journalism student I wanted a loan to buy a computer and the bank wouldn't lend me $2000! I had been banking with them since I was 17 (and I was in my 30s then) and they refused to lend me the money. It was pathetic, I had a $5000 limit on my VISA (but didn't want the high interest rates) but I couldn't get $2000. In the end my father, who at the time had quite a bit of money invested with them, rang them and said if they wouldn't lend me the money, he would have to lend it to me. He said if he had to dip into his investment to draw out $2000, he may as well draw out the whole lot and take it elsewhere. Within five minutes I had my money - "are you sure $2000 is enough?" Greasers! I came into some money
a few years later and had HUGE delight going into the National Bank and paying off my VISA and loan and closing all my accounts - and telling them I was changing banks because of the crap treatment I'd had from them over the years!

kenepurus_FINEST
27th July 2005, 16:06
you get 300 bucks a week on a student allowance?

justsomeguy
27th July 2005, 16:11
I sort of had a decent income at that time and I was approved for a 6K loan pretty much immediately......

I think it has more to do with the mood of the person you are dealing with and how friendly the meeting is rather than the rules of the bank.....

The interest rate was 7.15% and it was a reducing term loan with no security, they even insured the car for me- this was May 2004.

Gareth - do they know that the bike is worth 8K+ and that you are personally financing the other 3k??

Which bank have you approached?? If you can't get a loan from a big bank with a reducing term interest rate of say about 7-8% you would be better off waiting till you had saved the money.

Sniper
27th July 2005, 16:11
My personal opinion is wait a while. Its a great chance but I think you are making a hasty desition and you have no full license and I seriously doubt the bike will sit in a garge somewhere waiting to be ridden. Just wait mate, another oppertunity will come by. We all know how exciting it is when something comes along like this, but believe me, you are going to regret it if you go for it now

justsomeguy
27th July 2005, 16:18
My personal opinion is wait a while.

Seems to be the better thing to do..... why the hell is doing the right thing always so hard......

Sniper
27th July 2005, 16:20
Seems to be the better thing to do..... why the hell is doing the right thing always so hard......

Because it involves waiting and a conflict between waiting and impulse stuff.

Like sex, can be an impulse thing but the scratching lasts for years. (Not that I know personally of course) :rofl:

stanko
27th July 2005, 16:25
Easy get all your mates to vote Labour, then next april put a bike on your interest free student loan and pay no interest as long as you are in NZ.

or go to a car dealer and get them to write the finance, they will do it cos thats where their money comes from.

or join the real world where you dont get things you cant afford !

Hoon
27th July 2005, 16:32
Have you also considered how much insurance for that bike will cost you and whether you can afford that on top of the increased maintenance costs. You might be in for a shock and I'd hate for you to join the list of silly people who "just got their full, bought a fast bike, crashed it and are now paying off a loan for a bike they don't have because they skimped on insurance"

Zapf
27th July 2005, 16:44
all and all... after reading all the above... me have the same thoughts... it might be that you are not meant to have it.... "yet" but the joy is in the waiting and hope right?

banks are like that... when you have lots of money they want to give you more, but when you need some they are stingy...

unhingedlizard
27th July 2005, 16:46
dont know about that, our banks always been good but then we are DINKYS.

Timber020
27th July 2005, 16:56
I wouldnt do it, big debts on low pay are a cancer on your future. You might wipe it out and move on, or it could screw you over royal. Especially with something that depreciates and is high risk to cost you a bomb if something goes wrong. (it gets stacked, throws a gearbox cog, big speeding ticket, gets stolen, etc).

Its going to cost over 2500 in interest and depreciation per year alone at the least. I think the bank has made a smart call.

Whats wrong with a cheaper bike?

Slingshot
27th July 2005, 20:50
but even if i lose my working income i still get more than the minimum payment per f/night from the government as student allowance. That is minimum payment for $5500 over 3 years is like $90. So i'd still be left with $200 every fortnight.

Shouldn't the student allowance be used to further your studies. Why would you accept a payment from me (a taxpayer) to help you educate yourself but use it on something else???

R6_kid
27th July 2005, 20:56
in most cases i am a conservative rider, i only go really hard on straights, in the corners i ride within my limit and well within that of a bike. With regards to my riding of my current bike, its a 250 and i've been pushing it to really get into riding, but it has been 2 years that i've built up to where i am and i understand that getting into a bike like the 7R will take nearly as long again.

The thing about 7Rs are they dont come up that often which is why im after one now, i can get one the same through the shops for $8,995 with their finance, but why when i can get one for $5500 in the same condition...

I have started looking for more hours/different job as suggested by the bank guy i delt with. He seemed genuinely interested in helping me, but they dont they all - it is part of their training. I am also going to look elsewhere with the 'big banks' to see if they would approve me for a loan.

I am currently with ASB and otherwise they are sweet for my needs, cept for my bike needs.

I get $150 from govt and $155 from my current job each week. Repayment on the loan is about $98 per fortnight, so going by that i come in with 6 times the required payment, after deducting the loan repayment i still have $500 to deal with - if i dont party so hard and drink so much (i can save a lot in this department and still have a good time) i can even afford to put some money away for tyres, shop work etc.

And when you consider the fact that i have 4months of fulltime work over christmas i can probably pay this loan off in a year or less. Thats what is getting to me... the bank doesnt understand this. Also if i sell my ZXR i will have $3000 to go straight at the loan... by which time i will probably only owe them $2000 anyway.

R6_kid
27th July 2005, 20:59
Shouldn't the student allowance be used to further your studies. Why would you accept a payment from me (a taxpayer) to help you educate yourself but use it on something else???

its the $150 living allowance. I too am a tax payer and understand i will be paying this back at a later date but it is there to ensure i dont fall into trouble when i dont have work etc. In general it pays for my fuel and unexpected costs otherwise it does sit in my bank. I've only been getting it two months now... i only spent it when i was sick and couldnt go to work. I am actually thinking of cancelling that payment.

myvice
27th July 2005, 21:08
This is Mrs Myvice (ex ASB staff member)ASB are the most difficult bank to get a loan with, if you are serious about doing this you would be better off going through Kiwibank or Credit Union (best option). Reguardless of your best intentions banks are not interested in you paying off your loan faster, in fact most will charge you penalty interest if you try to do this!!!
My best advice for you is to use the money you would have been putting towards the loan instalments and direct this straight into a Credit Union Loan provider account, I'm dead serious about this ask for some info next time you are near one (there is a great branch in Lynmall; Westforce Credit Union) and they will be able to help, it's the best deal around and a damn site cheaper than going through a loan shark (NEVER DO THIS!!!).
Credit Union make you open a saver account as well as the loan provider which will help you pay off your student loan as well, just direct credit a percent of your pay straight to it and it will be painless.
I worked for ASB for nearly 4 years and know all about loan provisions, trust me ...don't try and con them, they will know.

bane
27th July 2005, 21:09
agree with most replies here - think really carefully b4 heading into debt, and also of course, I doubt that even if you were the pope, any stranger would agree to be guarantor.... blah, blah, rant etc.
...but if you really have to...

There are options in between main stream banks and the finance companies.... have you tried AA finance and PSIS? Interest rates are around 12%, but thats still much better than the 20%+ of the finance companies!

Key is to not "pay the minimum" if you can afford more - adding an extra $50 a fortnight will knock the debt off pretty quick. the calculators on www.sorted.org.nz are really useful.

myvice
27th July 2005, 21:14
Isnt she helpful!
Dumped the bank for a foremans job and now makes Industrial Electrical Pan Assemblys for Switchboards.
And much happier! :yes:
And get some LEATHERS! Skin grafts hurt! Lots!

Pathos
27th July 2005, 21:41
I would never want to be in the situation that you are trying to put yourself in.
If any unexpected costs appear you probably won't be able to afford them. Plus that interest will suck up all the money you earn until you get enough to pay off the bike as well.

get a fxr it will save you a lot of money.

R6_kid
27th July 2005, 21:46
those last two posts are the kind of info i've been after :2thumbsup

i'll check it out. I have been recommended national bank as a good bank for both student account and getting a loan.

Thanks to those that have given information. The gaurantor thing was a stretch but i was really pissed off and kinda desperate at the time. I'll take all said into consideration when i am loan shopping on friday.

Ramius
27th July 2005, 21:51
I wouldn't go trying other banks. Each time you go there, and they do a credit check, they see that you have tried elsewhere, and see that you have been declined, so why would they want to say yes, to someone they don't know when other banks have said no.
Another thing, is if you change jobs, they want to see stability. Living in the same place for over a year, and being in the same job for over a year. It shows that you have stickability.
After being with Westpac ever since I moved to NZ (3 years) working for the Gvmnt for 2 years, they were more than happy to help.

But, you are hurting yourself everytime you get a credit check.

Also, it is about how much your assets are worth as well as what you earn.
If you want a $5500 personal unsecured loan and you only have $400 worth of assets, you can forget it.

750Y
27th July 2005, 21:58
i feel for ya mate. good taste too i might add 8-)
take a deep breath & walk away.
chain,sprockets,tyres,rego & service can cost well over a grand.
i suggest you sit down & itemise the cost of everything involved. at worst You might get a shock at best you will get a real picture of what it's gonna take to keep that baby on the road($$).
ring the bike shops & price up everything from servicing to chain lube.
best luck whatever way You go.

R6_kid
27th July 2005, 22:06
Also, it is about how much your assets are worth as well as what you earn.
If you want a $5500 personal unsecured loan and you only have $400 worth of assets, you can forget it.

i've got my current bike worth $3500, a vespa worth $1000 in its current state, and a 'mint' plate collection well in excess of $5000 (but i aint selling it). The ZXR needs to stay till i have the new bike, the vespa will then be my commuting vehicle when it is on the road....

to 750Y, i have already thought about that :yes: , i have been in the game long enough and been to shops and gone holy shit you want $XXX just for tires! In reality it will become more of a weekend rider/pride and joy thing as it isnt quite the commuting bike the lil 250 is :no: .

Ramius
27th July 2005, 22:11
i've got my current bike worth $3500, a vespa worth $1000 in its current state, and a 'mint' plate collection well in excess of $5000 (but i aint selling it). The ZXR needs to stay till i have the new bike, the vespa will then be my commuting vehicle when it is on the road....

to 750Y, i have already thought about that :yes: , i have been in the game long enough and been to shops and gone holy shit you want $XXX just for tires! In reality it will become more of a weekend rider/pride and joy thing as it isnt quite the commuting bike the lil 250 is :no: .

You need to have 1000's more in assets than you want for your loan. They want to know that if they liquidated you, the assets woould be enough to cover them + a lot. Remember, an item is only worth what someone will pay for it. I would say, IMHO, personal assets should be about 20k for a $5000 loan.

Ramius
27th July 2005, 22:13

PS Assets weren't all that I mentioned.

R6_kid
27th July 2005, 22:16
true. Im going to check out what national bank says (recommended by a friend in same situation) apparently they will use the bike as security too.

The only reason i am going for a loan is that i havent had my shit sorted out enough in the past to save my earnings (partying etc), but have now reached the point - as early in my life as it may be - to understand i should have saved.

unfortunately the desire is still there, i have however layed out my income and possible income from holiday work (conservative) and can see that if i sold the ZXR the loan would be gone rather quickly (a year or so). All it takes is a few sacrifices - like less drinking when partying, not buying food at uni, not buying pies when i gas up, etc. its the stupid little things you dont need that add up the end of the day.

Dafe
27th July 2005, 22:17
im checking the bike over on sunday. Money would just be to purchase it up front... i wouldnt ride it til i had my full.

I see what you mean tho. It is really all pretty anal from my point of view... they dont want it going wrong, but even if i lose my working income i still get more than the minimum payment per f/night from the government as student allowance. That is minimum payment for $5500 over 3 years is like $90. So i'd still be left with $200 every fortnight.

Personally i dont want to go that way... and there is a 99% likeliness it wont. I have been in constant employment for the last 2 years as a student short of being in hospital from an accident there is no reason why i couldnt make payments.
You wouldn't ride it till you had your full? Congratulations, cos you're the only person in this country that would sit there looking at it in the garage until your full licence arrived.

Do you realise, you have just asked everybody if they would be prepared to wear the costs of this bike should something go wrong? What if you crash and die after a few weeks, you want some sucker on here to be financially liable for you and the bike? Dude, nobody is stupid enough to guarantor that! Not even if you paid them.

Also, It sounds to me like your dad is a good guy, and it does seem to be a case of parents with the best advice once again. Don't blame the banks either, It's not the banks fault you don't earn enough. The bank has to protect it's financial interest too.

Sounds to me like you shouldn't bother with the bike anyway. The way your going on about using up the full spread of your tyre, thats a good thing if its done on the track but I guess you ride like that on the public roads, which would make you a poor rider, one that is more likely to crash and incur some guarantor the cost of a ZXR7 because you're too poor to pay for it and your parents won't have any part of it, nor the bank and you'll probably be doing all this whilst on an illegal licence while saying that you won't ride it until your full arrives!!!

I think you should concerntrate on your education first and foremost. If you do that then you will be able to purchase any bike you want soon enough.

stevedee
27th July 2005, 22:26
Um and what about insuring it? after you've bought it. Not cheap.

spd:-)

wkid_one
27th July 2005, 22:26
Looking at the wrong option - banks hate things that move and depreciate as security - go to a finance company who specialise in vehicles (UDC, GE, Marac etc) who understand this type of security.

Next issue is income - which you can do little about.....pm me if you want more info - I work in finance.

R6_kid
27th July 2005, 22:36
You wouldn't ride it till you had your full? Congratulations, cos you're the only person in this country that would sit there looking at it in the garage until your full licence arrived.

Its due in the next 3 weeks, if i got the bike this weekend i couldnt get it til next weekend at the very earliest... my old man would have the keys til i got my licence.

Do you realise, you have just asked everybody if they would be prepared to wear the costs of this bike should something go wrong? What if you crash and die after a few weeks, you want some sucker on here to be financially liable for you and the bike? Dude, nobody is stupid enough to guarantor that! Not even if you paid them.

i said somewhere a little while back, maybe in the edit of the first post that asking for that was stupid, i was just pissed off and a bit desperate... i see the light now.

Sounds to me like you shouldn't bother with the bike anyway. The way your going on about using up the full spread of your tyre, thats a good thing if its done on the track but I guess you ride like that on the public roads, which would make you a poor rider, one that is more likely to crash

how does using your whole tire make you a poor rider if you can do it on public roads... i dont go knee down and its within the limits of the bike, i take corners, i am a conservative rider compared to quite a few people i've met at seen on rides. If i was doing this at 160kmh through corners then yes you are right... if im doing it at 80kmh through a 45kmh corner (within the limits of the bike and my skill) then how is it unsafe - i have not crashed due to my own fault, partly because i dont intend to die on a bike due to my own stupidity.

I think you should concerntrate on your education first and foremost. If you do that then you will be able to purchase any bike you want soon enough.

thanks for concern re. my education... i am studying hard... i just want to enjoy my weekend riding a bit more (dont we all) :ride:

R6_kid
27th July 2005, 22:40
Looking at the wrong option - banks hate things that move and depreciate as security - go to a finance company who specialise in vehicles (UDC, GE, Marac etc) who understand this type of security.

Next issue is income - which you can do little about.....pm me if you want more info - I work in finance.

that did cross my mind, it is potentially an $8000-9000 (shop price) bike for $5500...

cheers for the help, will be in contact soon...

as for the insurance thing - my ZXR has full comp insurance at just over a dollar a day. They are aware of one previous accident caused by a driver doing a u-turn in front of me...

wkid_one
27th July 2005, 22:42
You don't need to purchase it from a dealer - they will still fund private purchases.....provided a suitable invoice is created (which they usually take care of anyway) to ensure clear title passes with the purchase.

R6_kid
27th July 2005, 22:45
lol, ok - i was just saying that its real/potential value is more than i'd be paying for it :yes:

i am aware of the invoice as a precaution that should be done with all private sales to protect yourself should anything go pear shaped. I figured finance co's would do the same...

cheers again

wkid_one
27th July 2005, 22:51
The invoice does little to protect you - you need to ensure you have clear title - ie, no one/company has an interest in the bike over and above the person selling it. The invoice does nothing to confirm this....and is in actuality only there to confirm the price, the sellor and the buyor. Clear title is a seperate issue all together. I can produce an invoice today to sell you the building in which my company is working - just becuase you pay it - doesn't mean you own it. A financier/company/person lying behind this with money outstanding and/or an unsatisfied charge on the PPSR takes precedent over the cash transactio - waving an invoice at them won't let you keep the keys to your newly purchased bike.

The invoice has more to do with the ability to ensure, once clear title is established, who the legal entity is who has purchased the assets, and who is able to claim any GST etc back from the transaction (the person/entity to whom the original invoice is made out to)

Worth doing a PPSR Search on the bike to make sure it isn't tied up with any other parties other than the person selling it. Vin and/or rego - chassis number is useless.

Biff
27th July 2005, 23:37
I know I'm going to sound like your dad, but I know that if my 5 year old kid wanted to borow money I'd be concerned. But you're not 5 and I'm not your dad. So let's forget I even thought of even considering that I am and you're not as a reason as to why I would say....If you can't afford it, and the bank doesn't think you can afford it, then the odds are that you probably can't afford it. So it's not meant to be - yet.

Now where did I put my slippers and pipe?

Zapf
28th July 2005, 00:07
gareth_d, sounds like you are dead set about doing it.... and if you are before you put pen on paper tell me about it. For the love of the world I and many of US wants you to do it in the best way possible.

I hav a big stubbon head just like you, it can be your greatest advantage or your biggest downfall. And I am just too fakken nice to not care about it. so PLEASE before u put pen to paper and sign some silly document that will seal your faith for the next few year.... THINK about it.

Usually the best advice are the hardest to swollow..

anmolt
28th July 2005, 01:11
aword of caution.....please look at the risks involved before borrowing...lots of places you can borrow from but once the bike comes in hand you will be spending quite a bit on upkeep....thats y better to always have spare cash as back up when buying a vehicle...never know whats gonna happen.....dun wanna scare you but letting you know the grim realities....ur parents prob dun want u to get a loan for the same reason..not sure....i was dead set against gettin my first bike against their wishes and although it did bring me to the world of bikes...it did cause me a bit of grief.....expenses,engine trouble,etc......good luck newas.........

anmolt
28th July 2005, 01:22
i havent read the earlier posts too well..but when u gonna get ur full license???Also insurance will not pay out if you have an accident if you ride it without a full license....and u were talkin abt the few sacrifices...dude its so hard to do that...plus you will wanna put every little resouce tryin to pay opf the loan...that mite mean working more hours,etc...if ur studyin take it frm me u will be hard pressed for time.....newas good luck once again......dun want others to go thru wot i experienced......it sometimes helps to stick with wot we have ...as someone said earlier sometimes good advice is diff to swallow...

R6_kid
28th July 2005, 10:14
i spoke to the guy thats been dealing with and he said its nothing personal its that the bank wont take a loan out on $5500 unsecured (as mentioned my mrs myvice they are kinda tight arsed). As i said before if it were are car they would use it as security but their policy does not allow for bikes to be used.

Dont get me wrong about this, i understand where you are all coming from but i just want you all to know that i didnt wake up yesterday and think im gonna take a loan and buy the bike this weekend. It's been in planning for last 3 or so months, i just didnt think about where the money would come from at the time :weird: (i was just dreaming about what bike i would get etc)

The only problem that has come up is that my dad decided he doesnt want to gaurantor me for a loan at this current point in time, aside from that everything is pretty kosha.

I understand the fact that bikes do cost a bit to run, i have been in the game for three years now and have backup plans for when i cant use my bike (transport wise etc).

I can easily live without the $150 a fortnight, i've done it many times when i've had to pay for tires, services etc... and i do know that the difference is that it is on going so it will be different but it is within my means of living.

Yes i probably should save up for it myself, but that would put it a year or two off as i am more likely to spend money that is available to me on something i dont need than if i have something i want and am paying it off. The mentality being that if i was saving i would think, oh i can spend $100 i'll just have to wait a lil longer, whereas if its a loan its more like - if i dont pay i lose the bike.

Morepower
29th July 2005, 22:52
Mate , good luck . The Banks are Bricks and Mortar Lenders , they have lower rates but need good security, forget them for a bike if you dont own property.
Like White Trash said you could try a mainstream finance co like GE , UDC , Marac etc . They will be very interested in affordability and you will need to demonstrate a reasonable income to outgo ratio to qualify.
From there you can go to the likes of Geneva , Broadlands and a mutitude of other bottom feeders but be prepared to pay big time in interest and fees.

My advice would be to talk to a GOOD broker like finance point (finance point .co.nz) they could find the best deal for you and they get commission from the finance co so it does not cost you.

Dave

Gremlin
30th July 2005, 00:17
they get commission from the finance co so it does not cost you.
I may be wrong, but you need to be careful. The finance company might slip in admin costs of the loan, which is how you end up paying the commission on the loan for the broker. But this might have changed.

gareth, I know you love the zx7r (its not hard) but I'll keep it simple, just make sure you don't overstretch yourself. Personally I would not borrow from anything but a normal bank or PSIS. The easier it is to get money, the higher the risk, interest etc. Customers of those institutions do default, and other customers have to keep those companies in the black.

If you have to resort to that, then I would say it is not worth it. I know those bikes aren't one a penny, but there will be more.

Whatever happens, hope everything works out OK.

inlinefour
31st July 2005, 15:37
ok heres the story...

I want to loan/borrow $5500 so i can pick me up a ZX7R. However because i am a student and ONLY bring in $305p/w i cant get the loan unless i have security (apparently you cant use bikes as security :mad: ) so therefore they wont give me the loan. The reason i am going unsecured is that i know my parents dont want me getting a loan...

I am completely dead set on getting this bike if it looks okay when i check it on the weekend.

***edit***
got some good info from a few people. thanks for the help.

cheers guys.

Its the same for all of us. I just waited until I was working again. However I decided to pay my student loan (yea I know I'm a dumb shit if they are going interest free). Over 27K paid to IRD and only 16 and a half for the bike that I really want :love: :mad:

R6_kid
31st July 2005, 21:34
check this thred (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=303073#post303073)

took it for a ride and solved the bank problem for the meantime - i wont be getting it for a while yet... too much of a jump IMO, i did take into account what people had said.

I felt i could handle the GSXR750 i took out last weekend, but the ZX7R was a whole different game, sure it handles nice etc, but when i felt the tension in my arms as she took off i knew i wasnt cut for it yet...

thanks for the input from all people that have replied to the thread, i now have the dubious task of finding something as fun as my 250 but with a higher top end..

unhingedlizard
31st July 2005, 21:58
three simple words:

i am gay.

Sorry mean, get a 2stroke