PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from here??

mangell6
23rd December 2003, 21:12
Travelling home today on the bike and saw the flashing blue light of a policemans motorbike. :eek:

Some one had been :done:
Location just north of Ngauranga Gorge where the Old Hutt road meets SH2.
Time approximately 17:07, bike looked like a Honda 600 with the red white and blue fairings.

The MAN had his pad out as well. :(

Was it someone from Kiwibiker???

riffer
24th December 2003, 09:07
It wasn't our old lane-splitting friend on 78UBA was it?

He's been a busy boy of late - but he's been mainly picking up cars - he seems to be pretty tolerant - guy must have been a bit silly to get his attention.

Not me, thank goodness...

James Deuce
24th December 2003, 09:32
Anyone seen the goober on the Green Suzi TL-S? (In Wellington) He's a freakin' idiot. I've had him go by doing about 80 km/h when I've been stationary in the car, between two lanes of traffic.

wkid_one
24th December 2003, 10:16
Yep - he did a Wheelie down lambton quay the other day as well. There is also this bloody idiot on a harley with straight cut pipes who always hares up Featherston Street around in to Hunter like an idiot.

mangell6
24th December 2003, 15:35
It wasn't our old lane-splitting friend on 78UBA was it?

He's been a busy boy of late - but he's been mainly picking up cars - he seems to be pretty tolerant - guy must have been a bit silly to get his attention.

Not me, thank goodness...

Don't know numbers, but the guy he pulled over is not sensible when he rides. lanes are travelling at 50-60kph and he is doing about 20-30kph faster, no room for error, even when three/four lanes merge to be two/three, straigh dow nthe side.

I ain't perfect but I like riding and want to stay riding.

Mike

Timber020
27th December 2003, 21:12
Yeah I see the guy on the TL quite a bit, he keeps alot of pace in heavy traffic, I wouldnt have thought he would have been around for so long. We are all guilty of that sort of thing, just perhaps not as quickly and consistantly!

riffer
27th December 2003, 21:53
Yeah I see the guy on the TL quite a bit
Hi - guy's name is Adam. He's 30, been riding about 25 years. Grew up in Carterton. He's a mate of mine. A damn good rider but a touch on the dangerous side. He's got to be the fastest lane splitter I've ever seen.

In case you were interested, the bikes got a Power Commander, full race Yoshi pipes and that rotary shock system's been totally replaced with Ohlins race gear. Brakes are non-standard as well. Bike runs Dunlop 207's. His bike's really light compared to my old hack.

I'll tell him he was seen... I've been trying to get him on the site but he's too busy playing with his linux computers...

idb
14th January 2008, 21:44
How is good old Adam these days?
Long time no hear!
How was his 35th?

Bren
14th January 2008, 21:47
I'll tell him he was seen... I've been trying to get him on the site but he's too busy playing with his linux computers...

nothing wrong with playing with linux computers!...i do it all the time!

idb
14th January 2008, 22:03
nothing wrong with playing with linux computers!...i do it all the time!

You'll go blind!
If God had meant us to use linux he wouldn't have invented Service Packs.