PDA

View Full Version : Tyres: Sport Demons vs Bridgestone BT45. What's better?

Nailz
3rd April 2012, 18:34
Hey guys.Im looking at getting some new tyres.They're pretty much the same price so wondering what your guys opinions are on the BT45 and sport demons.Which ones in your eyes are better?Sport demons are on it already but have worn out rather quickly.Thanks for any help :)

mossy1200
3rd April 2012, 18:44
17inch wheels would be better.

Sport Demons if i had to pick

whowhatwhere
3rd April 2012, 18:47
There's been a similar thread on these tyres in the last couple of months.

Used both a lot and loved them both, got a couple of extra thou out of the BT45's.

sil3nt
3rd April 2012, 21:21
BT45 for a commuter.
Sport Demons for a weekend rider.

Zapf
4th April 2012, 15:59
Hey guys.Im looking at getting some new tyres.They're pretty much the same price so wondering what your guys opinions are on the BT45 and sport demons.Which ones in your eyes are better?Sport demons are on it already but have worn out rather quickly.Thanks for any help :)

Good point. Better for what?

sgtp
4th April 2012, 18:41
I got around 15,000km on the rear sport demon that the shop just replaced today, but I am just a noob on a tiny bike....replaced it with another SD

ducatilover
4th April 2012, 22:13
You can't go wrong with either, I've done around 130,000km in total on S/Demons on various bikes and they're a good tyre for the money. Have done a few thousand on BT-45s and they are also a very good tyre for the money.
Chances are, if you're riding that hard to make a difference you should be looking at higher quality tyres.

ducatilover
4th April 2012, 22:18
I got around 15,000km on the rear sport demon that the shop just replaced today, but I am just a noob on a tiny bike....replaced it with another SD

Good effort! I was managing 5-7000km out of mine on the VT250 Spada, in :shutup:just under 4 years I went though over 20 rears

Conquiztador
9th April 2012, 15:22
Got a Sport Demon some time ago and would never again use them. Here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/125681-Got-a-Pirelli-Sport-Demon-as-back-tyre-and-I-am-very-disappointed)

Spuds1234
9th April 2012, 16:14
Used both on my Katana.

The sport demons were stickier than the BT45's but the BT45's lasted 5000km longer on the rear the fronts seemed about the same.

Both seemed like good tyres to me, never had a problem with the sport demons in the wet either.

Kickaha
9th April 2012, 16:47
Raced on BT45 and cleaned up the big bikes in the wet so they got my vote, don't know about tyre life though

nzspokes
9th April 2012, 17:57
I just put a BT45 on the back and have a SD on the front. Both seem good.

speights_bud
9th April 2012, 18:52
Tried both on my 250 a few years ago, did road riding/track days on both, Raced on the BT45 as well. much preferred the BT45, felt much Nicer, nicer compound on the edges and the Dual compound thing did seem to work quite well and gave good tyre life. Have also raced buckets on the BT45 and they were sticky as :woohoo:

Hooter
9th September 2019, 18:07

Have 2 Moto Guzzi’s with Sport Demons. The front developed a horizontal cut. Went back to the shop that fitted them to be told it is a manufacturing fault and common. Can’t Ride with confidence. Will be trying BT 45’s or Avon’s.

The End
10th September 2019, 12:17
Have 2 Moto Guzzi’s with Sport Demons. The front developed a horizontal cut. Went back to the shop that fitted them to be told it is a manufacturing fault and common. Can’t Ride with confidence. Will be trying BT 45’s or Avon’s.

I'm sure they appreciated your feedback and experience on a thread that is 7.5 years old :lol:

riffer
12th September 2019, 13:45
I'm sure they appreciated your feedback and experience on a thread that is 7.5 years old :lol:

I dunno. I have a Katana I will need to retyre - the conversation is always valid.

pritch
14th September 2019, 14:18
We can but hope that the tyres were not as old as the thread, in which case they would provide similar grip to a plank of wood.