PDA

View Full Version : Oh my god my bikes in performance bike

unhingedlizard
27th July 2005, 16:43
OK its not actually mine,
But owning a reasonably rare bike, having even a 250word article in a major mag is enough to get you excited. Espacially when he's raving about it.

Acaully brought the mag for the fantastic article on the TL1000S so even more plesent that its in there.

Happy now.

unhingedlizard
27th July 2005, 17:17
No one gonna stroke my ego? Just a little bit?

justsomeguy
27th July 2005, 17:29
Hmmm..... you get it off the back of the ute yet??:whistle:

Beemer
27th July 2005, 17:29
Stoke, stroke, stroke. :not: Happy now?

placidfemme
27th July 2005, 17:30
thats fantastic! Can you post a pic of your bike for us to drool at... it's a celeb now... does it sell cocaine?

hehe, just kidding mate :) Got a pic anyway?

Oscar
27th July 2005, 18:36

I can do ego:
I rode a TDR once - the first one in NZ.
It was at the Castrol Six Hour and Aaron Slight gave it to me for a go...

Waylander
27th July 2005, 18:42
Good onya mate. Now you just need to get yours running again. Then you can claim that he took yours for a spin lol.

Ixion
27th July 2005, 18:42
Stoke, stroke, stroke. :not: Happy now?

Tcch. TDR250. That's TWO strokes. Not three. I've had two strokes 4 stroking. But I don't like to think what would happen it it three stroked.

unhingedlizard
27th July 2005, 19:39
pictures.

It was three stroking. Thats how it eat pistons. Will have it back together end of month after ive been paid. At least it gave me a chance to sort some issues, fuelling, brakes etc.

Waylander
27th July 2005, 19:42
pictures.

It was three stroking. Thats how it eat pistons. Will have it back together end of month after ive been paid. At least it gave me a chance to sort some issues, fuelling, brakes etc.
Damn just realized how fuzzy that pic I took of your bike is. Stupid cold...

unhingedlizard
27th July 2005, 19:47
Damn just realized how fuzzy that pic I took of your bike is. Stupid cold...

Does me dude.
suprised it came out so clear considering you were shaking so bad. Need to get a beer gut man.

Waylander
27th July 2005, 19:50
Does me dude.
suprised it came out so clear considering you were shaking so bad. Need to get a beer gut man.
Would have to develop a taste for beer first lol. We'll have to try getting a decent one of you pullin a wheelie or something for your profile.

unhingedlizard
27th July 2005, 20:02
when I pulled the bore apart the powervalves were go gummed up with carbon they couldnt be opened by hand! All shiny and better now. Cant wait to get it back together. At least the weather is crap. Means I dont miss it as much.

gav
27th July 2005, 20:03
I used to own a TDR250, awesome fun, for sure. I was always keen to take it 250 proddy racing at the Greymouth Street Races, but never got there with it....
They were way ahead of their time too, only lately do we see production Super Motards, but Yamaha brought out these babies ages ago.

Motu
27th July 2005, 20:06
It's great to have a bike you know you'll never pull up at the lights next to eh? Rare bikes are legends,bikes that everyone rides are just bikes that everyone rides,who the hell would want one of those?

bugjuice
27th July 2005, 20:08
dirty perv.. do it yourself

unhingedlizard
27th July 2005, 20:41
I used to own a TDR250, awesome fun, for sure. I was always keen to take it 250 proddy racing at the Greymouth Street Races, but never got there with it....
They were way ahead of their time too, only lately do we see production Super Motards, but Yamaha brought out these babies ages ago.

Yeah. The other thing with all these supermotards coming out is that they are all big 4stroke singles. My guess is with the emissions and such noone is going to produce a two stroke motard anymore.

Dispite the blowing up thing the ride I took it on was counted as a success. OK it chewed some pistons and rings but its a two stroke, they do that. All the mods I had made like the alloy wheels, R1 Brakes etc all worked very very well. Much better handling than the oversized overroad wheels and that brake! Took a couple of pulls to get pressure (sorted now) and then it was a struggle to stop going over the bars! Be working again soon, then we'll see you all again.

gav
27th July 2005, 22:14
Took my TDR off road a couple of times, bloody handful, lived up in Nelson and took it over the track from up Matai Valley where you come out at Pelorus Sounds, Motutap 9?) or something? The locals will know it.

unhingedlizard
28th July 2005, 08:29
i did a trackday at taupo when KR was gauging interest in supermotard. was on tarmac escp. along the pit straight and cut off the larger hairpin onto the front sriaht, that was on dirt. It's crap offroad. To heavy (though it was airbourne over the top:)) to much front weight and too peaky a motor meant it was a handful (plus some prick forced his way round the inside of the dirt turn, overshot it and braked and i lost the front, tosspot, its a trackday not a bloody race.). Definatly doesnt deserve the dual sport title but its an utter blast on the road and the best intraffic bike I have ever ridden. Makes you ride like a hoon.

Badcat
28th July 2005, 09:28
Yeah. The other thing with all these supermotards coming out is that they are all big 4stroke singles. My guess is with the emissions and such noone is going to produce a two stroke motard anymore.

Dispite the blowing up thing the ride I took it on was counted as a success. OK it chewed some pistons and rings but its a two stroke, they do that. All the mods I had made like the alloy wheels, R1 Brakes etc all worked very very well. Much better handling than the oversized overroad wheels and that brake! Took a couple of pulls to get pressure (sorted now) and then it was a struggle to stop going over the bars! Be working again soon, then we'll see you all again.

dude - do you still have the spoked wheels?
if so - want to sell them?

ken

zadok
28th July 2005, 09:54
It's great to have a bike you know you'll never pull up at the lights next to eh? Rare bikes are legends,bikes that everyone rides are just bikes that everyone rides,who the hell would want one of those?
That was what it was like on my 'RC33'. So few around it wasn't funny, and being gold it looked good. It got a few looks. Just sold it yesterday. Sad to see it go. :weep:

Badcat
28th July 2005, 10:58
That was what it was like on my 'RC33'. So few around it wasn't funny, and being gold it looked good. It got a few looks. Just sold it yesterday. Sad to see it go. :weep:

was that a hawk Zadok?
i had a Bros, or hawk.
it was a sweet bike.
painted it repsol orange with carbon fibre tank decals...

http://www.kenkong.com/album/album.php?albumId=87&libraryId=50&personId=3

Biff
28th July 2005, 12:28
That's one neat looking bike you've got there mate. It's an almostbutnotquitesupermotardbeenleftoutintherainan dshrunk kind of machine.

Very nice.

Dadpole
28th July 2005, 12:34
Nice bike. A TZR engine off road is madness. Lucky soul (I want a test ride!) :yes:

clint640
28th July 2005, 15:58
Hell Yeah! TDR's rock. I had one for a couple of years, it was my only transport - Rode it all over the island, ground the ends off the pegs in the twistys at every opportunity, rode it to Baypark for my first ever attempt at racing & managed to finish mid pack in C-grade (when I didn't crash). I actually found the brakes on mine to be bloody good. She was pretty reliable too, didn't blow up until 2 weeks after I sold it! those TZR motors, even when detuned for the TDR, have always been bloody handgrenades. It was crap off road, or even on gravel, & the seat was bloody terrible for touring but still it was a big barrel of fun.

Are those custom graphics? I've never seen that design. You'll have to post some nicer pics of your mods.

Cheers
Clint

PS If you think the TDR makes you ride like a hoon, you should try a KTM 640 :Punk:

Oscar
28th July 2005, 16:03
PS If you think the TDR makes you ride like a hoon, you should try a KTM 640 :Punk:

AAAaaaaaaaaamen Brutha!!! :Punk:

unhingedlizard
28th July 2005, 16:40
Hell Yeah! TDR's rock. I had one for a couple of years, it was my only transport - Rode it all over the island, ground the ends off the pegs in the twistys at every opportunity, rode it to Baypark for my first ever attempt at racing & managed to finish mid pack in C-grade (when I didn't crash). I actually found the brakes on mine to be bloody good. She was pretty reliable too, didn't blow up until 2 weeks after I sold it! those TZR motors, even when detuned for the TDR, have always been bloody handgrenades. It was crap off road, or even on gravel, & the seat was bloody terrible for touring but still it was a big barrel of fun.

Are those custom graphics? I've never seen that design. You'll have to post some nicer pics of your mods.

Cheers
Clint

love to try the new super duke. Always had a thing for bikes like the TDR, Superduke TL1000S etc.

The graphics are all my own design, used robert's yamaha as insperation. Nothing wrong with the front brake as stock but mine had siezed and someone told me the R1 caliper was a direct fit. The TDR motor isnt actually detuned. The only difference with the TZR2501KT motor and mine is i have a couple of teeth more on the rear sprocket. I've ridden less comfortable bikes before. First week I got this one I took the sister-in-law to Taupo and back. Shit that was cold!