PDA

View Full Version : Made in Korea

rok-the-boat
9th April 2012, 09:32
I lived in South Korea for nearly 12 years, way before all these modern Hyosung (Suzuki clones) sports bikes appeared on the scene. Rife in Korea also are Daelim motorcycles (Honda clones). Take a look at some early 'originals'. I took the firest 3 pics. Not sure where I got the duck one from. The gas bike would probably have a range of 6000 miles, and would not fare too well in an accident. The 848 knivs and forks one has nothing to do with Korea, it's just cool.

JUST UPLOADED A FEW MORE: Scroll down to post #13 ]

SMOKEU
9th April 2012, 10:03
:corn: :corn:

Madness
9th April 2012, 10:39
Is that a dog in pic 3? :gob:

DODO``
9th April 2012, 10:44
A Korean watching the thread here,, Ive lived till I was 12 there so I dont know much about that place but don't diss too much peops! :D :D :D:bleh:

one with the duck is Not Korea, and what the fuck?!? is that a dog?? fuck. god please no,, let it be a small shaved cow or something ......

YellowDog
9th April 2012, 10:53
A Korean watching the thread here,, Ive lived till I was 12 there so I dont know much about that place but don't diss too much peops! :D :D :D:bleh:

one with the duck is Not Korea, and what the fuck?!? is that a dog?? fuck. god please no,, let it be a small shaved cow or something ......

Not only is it a Dog, it's cooked and delicious :sick:

Laava
9th April 2012, 11:00

Is that a dog in pic 3? :gob:

It is a dog. So what? That's what we humans do, cook and eat animals. Personally I would prob feel a bit odd eating a dog but so would a hindu eating a cow?

Tigadee
9th April 2012, 11:04
:pinch: Joke all you want, but at least Korea doesn't have a stray dog problem! :whistle:

Wow, talk about overloaded! And what are those, 150cc or 250cc bikes?

scumdog
9th April 2012, 11:13
At least they're getting full-use from their bikes eh!

Tigadee
9th April 2012, 11:42
Indeed! Surprising thing is that they won't care much for the bike except to change the oil once every 10,000 kms and what's an oil filter? Somthing broke? Use some rubber bands, hair pins, etc... Why do you think Koreans use those metal chopsticks?

rok-the-boat
9th April 2012, 11:44
That's what I call a Korean Hot Dog! I took the pic in Moran Market, famous for dog meat, and all kids of other stuff. I don't mean anything bad by the pics - love the place; their economy is fantastic, if not a little dangerous. i have had three Korean cars and would recommend them.

I think the duck pic is from China/Vietnam (I didn't take that one, I was sent it). The bikes were 125 - 150cc. I took the pics in the early 1990's. Now, they have upgraded a little, but they still carry heaps of stuff.

gijoe1313
9th April 2012, 11:54
The motorcycle three wheel contraptions are quite common in China, they are either the gas or battery powered type and they are ubiquitous everywhere. Anything they can fit or be able to moved will be chucked onto them! In winter they often cover the handlebars with warm mitts and have an apron to protect them from the chill.

rok-the-boat
9th April 2012, 18:53
I once saw a bike in Korea with a desk/table on top. It was a permanent fixture. It had a plastic sheet at the front so the rider was protected from the rain.

rok-the-boat
11th April 2012, 15:25
Here are a few more pics I took in South Korea.

DODO``
12th April 2012, 09:39
Here are a few more pics I took in South Korea.

I got a brilliant one from Thailand :yes:

willytheekid
12th April 2012, 12:19
At least they're getting full-use from their bikes eh!

:laugh:...yeah, having no health & safety standards and limited traffic enforcement = some "interesting" loading methods :crazy:

I remember the guy in Aus got pinged carring a BBQ down the state highway on his bike:facepalm:
...http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/snap-proves-a-real-barbecue-stopper-as-magistrate-turns-heat-on-biker-20100825-13rmh.html

It is amazing how one country can be appluded for there ability to "make the most" out of a vehicle, and yet another will lable it "Ridiculous", fine you $800 and suspend your licence :laugh:

I love seeing the "balancing acts" that some of these countrys do with there bike loading :yes:....But bugger actually doing it or sharing the road with it :no:
(already had trucks n trailers throwing rocks n things at me:pinch:....imagine the damage 43 ducks and a roast dog would do @100k!:laugh:)

scumdog
13th April 2012, 22:50
:laugh:...yeah, having no health & safety standards and limited traffic enforcement = some "interesting" loading methods :crazy:

I remember the guy in Aus got pinged carring a BBQ down the state highway on his bike:facepalm:
...http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/snap-proves-a-real-barbecue-stopper-as-magistrate-turns-heat-on-biker-20100825-13rmh.html

It is amazing how one country can be appluded for there ability to "make the most" out of a vehicle, and yet another will lable it "Ridiculous", fine you $800 and suspend your licence :laugh:

I guess the countries that don't pay ACC don't care - do what ya want, we ain't payin'.

And nanny-states like NZ just want to prevent possible injury which = pay-outs.

Oakie
14th April 2012, 13:12
Made in Korea? Bikes = yes, rockets = not so good.

rok-the-boat
15th April 2012, 11:52
Not quite. The rocket you refer to was made in North Korea. However, when I was living in Pucheon City in South Korea I heard a massive explosion one day. South Korea has some big scud-like missiles and what the conscripts have to do is go through the motions of launching, perhaps a bit like how Americans would pretend-launch their ICBMs, but they would never take off - but the conscripts pressing the buttons had know way of knowing whether 'this' time' was real or not. They just pressed the buttons. Anyway, there was a fault, and when the conscript presed the button, up went the bloody misslie on its way to North Korea. Luckily, it was remotely detonated shortly after launch, and it exploded over Incheon (very near and above where I was) and debris rained down everywhere. It was in the news for one day then conveniently disappeared. No one was hurt, but I remember a seeing a pic of the engine on top of a crushed car.

ACC - ha ha ha. I don't think so.

After thought - I would have loved to have seen the look on that conscript's face after he pressed the button!

EJK
15th April 2012, 13:37
Whe he hey!

rok-the-boat
26th October 2014, 13:28
Not much work in NZ for me - so am back working in Korea for awhile. A few more pics:

ellipsis
26th October 2014, 13:56
...love the flat deck truck...I'd be a happy man with one of those...

rok-the-boat
26th October 2014, 14:19

Wait til you see the model with the air conditioned office ...

rok-the-boat
26th October 2014, 14:31
I think you can trust me when I say ... it is definitely half-full.

rok-the-boat
26th October 2014, 14:33
Note that it comes with air-conditioning as standard.

EJK
26th October 2014, 15:21
It's got air conditioning. Nice!

Tazz
26th October 2014, 15:26

Local dude imported a few, with tilt decks even. Think they had Yamaha front ends.

Swoop
26th October 2014, 15:58
Note that it comes with air-conditioning as standard.
I think I've finally found the perfect touring bike for the Lower Island!:niceone:

DODO``
26th October 2014, 22:08
Haha nice I was born in Korea yet never seen them before lol interesting..

rok-the-boat
17th April 2015, 21:15
Spotted this Honda Mini Bike in Daejeon, South Korea. Some serious money has been spent on this machine!