PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari Bike Donk

wkid_one
24th December 2003, 10:10
Ferrari reveals 450cc thumper engine!
Strange but true. OK, maybe not that strange when you realise that Ferrari's associate engine development division Apparently HPE (High Performance Engineering) has developed a new bike engine. Which maybe isn't that much of a surprise when you consider that HPE worked on the Ducati Desmosedici engine. HPE was set up by Piero Ferrari, son of Enzo, to work on all manner of high-performance engine development and, just before Christmas, he revealed a 450cc, single-cylinder engine at their workshop in Modena.

The engine is said to rev to 12,000rpm and will be in a six-speed supermoto bike which will run in next season's European championship. The investment is said to be 2.8million euros. The bike – which will see the light of day in March – will have Marzocchi forks and Brembo brakes, keeping it all Italian. We'll believe it when we see it running.

What?
24th December 2003, 11:51
OK, maybe not that strange when you realise that Ferrari's associate engine development division Apparently HPE (High Performance Engineering) has developed a new bike engine.

Even less strange when you consider that Ferrari had input to the MV Agusta F4.

Marmoot
24th December 2003, 17:35
I'd be scared to see Ferrarri branded bike if they're serious about it.

I remember seeing video of Ferrarri Enzo on track, and it doesn't look like a road car at all. The speed and cornering is more like a bike....or as Schumacher said it is "the closest thing you can get to driving an F1 car".

Now, with a Ferrarri-class priced bike (better yet, litre-class bike), that would be nuts.......

I'd probably want one too....... <_<