PDA

View Full Version : L plate in Hastings

GN1NiteStnd
28th July 2005, 11:39
Hi everyone,
Its been great so far crusing round town on my GN. I first got it in November and started practising up and down my street with it. and relised that stoping half way through a turn wasnt a good idea. lucky my bf was there to lift it off me.
Then i would ride it to work. Freaky since i had to go through two major roundabouts. came off when i turned to fast into the leaf/gravel driveway. and i only smashed a indicator.

Then i came of again a week or so later slamming on my front brakes at the traffic lights.

And yip another gravel driveway!

Then i got my Learner liscense in march.

:mad: Oh yeah and my bike got stolen along wif my bfs loaner bike.
-got them back the same day though cause some under 18s stole them.
They were riding around wif skateboard helmets on! :weird:

My bf GB has never been the same again, they thrashed it good.
My GN was ok tho they just dropped it on both sides and done a few burnouts on it.

Then i got a WOF and REGO and Yay Im legal! :yes:
Havent come off since and looking forward to getting my restricted liscence in september!

Ramius
28th July 2005, 15:31
Hi everyone,
Its been great so far crusing round town on my GN. I first got it in November and started practising up and down my street with it. and relised that stoping half way through a turn wasnt a good idea. lucky my bf was there to lift it off me.
Then i would ride it to work. Freaky since i had to go through two major roundabouts. came off when i turned to fast into the leaf/gravel driveway. and i only smashed a indicator.

Then i came of again a week or so later slamming on my front brakes at the traffic lights.

And yip another gravel driveway!

Then i got my Learner liscense in march.

:mad: Oh yeah and my bike got stolen along wif my bfs loaner bike.
-got them back the same day though cause some under 18s stole them.
They were riding around wif skateboard helmets on! :weird:

My bf GB has never been the same again, they thrashed it good.
My GN was ok tho they just dropped it on both sides and done a few burnouts on it.

Then i got a WOF and REGO and Yay Im legal! :yes:
Havent come off since and looking forward to getting my restricted liscence in september!

Driving around illegally?!? Naughty naughty. You sure have fallen off a lot. Good luck with the future.

GROOMER
28th July 2005, 18:13
If you're having trouble stopping at a traffic light, or riding into a driveway, I think you may need a bit of practice before going out in traffic. You're only gonna end up hurting yourself.

Take things slow, and enjoy the riding. :ride:

GN1NiteStnd
29th July 2005, 08:58
All that falling off caper happened between November and March. So now that I havnt hit the ground for 4 months I think I am alright.

crashe
29th July 2005, 09:44
Thats good that you haven't fallen off for 4 months.

A great place to practise is in a huge carpark - supermarket or school car park

Take it easy out there on the roads... :yes:
:ride: :ride: :ride:

skidz
29th July 2005, 10:36
Thats good that you haven't fallen off for 4 months.

A great place to practise is in a huge carpark - supermarket or school car park

Take it easy out there on the roads... :yes:
:ride: :ride: :ride:
Yeah, prefferably without the cars in the carparks.

Squiggles
29th July 2005, 18:54
sounds like quite a bad run of luck for starting out! good thing ya havent damaged yourself or the bike too badly thou :)

GN1NiteStnd
1st August 2005, 10:22
:no: I thought I was doing really well. Cause I was comparing myself to a mate of mine who is currently going through more engines than tyres.

Oh and the other day I managed to wobble over a pile of sand quite well while going around a roundabout. Couple of hours later I heard there was a police car there warning everyone of the hazard.

froggyfrenchman
2nd August 2005, 19:12
that pic u gn1nitestand?
If so, i think i speak for all the guys when i say "SHOW US UR TITS!!!"

Waylander
2nd August 2005, 19:16
that pic u gn1nitestand?
If so, i think i speak for all the guys when i say "SHOW US UR TITS!!!"
The sleeping cat? If you look through the fur you should be able to see them.

GN1NiteStnd
3rd August 2005, 12:09
Yeah cause Im a cat and all.... :weird:

Squiggles
3rd August 2005, 13:55
aww really?

damm, i was kinda hoping u were the other pic...... :innocent:

GN1NiteStnd
4th August 2005, 09:35
^^
cheecky:nono:

Hey why am I a scooter boy????? :scratch:

crashe
4th August 2005, 11:07
^^

Hehehehe ok you have to post more.... then it will change and have something else written up there.

When you reach 200 posts or 125 days on the site then you become a senior member and then you can change it to read what ever you wnat it to say...

Waylander
4th August 2005, 12:29
aylander
^^

This thread might explain it a bit for ya GN...
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=747

GN1NiteStnd
5th August 2005, 12:59
aylander

This thread might explain it a bit for ya GN...
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=747

Thanks waylander.

;)

Brains
21st August 2005, 23:52
Excellent rides around Hastings, especially enjoyed tuki tuki valley and out to waimamara, careful of the bike shops in hastings though, thought about trading my FZR250 in down there, got a quote of $1700, came up to hamilton and got a trade in of $2700. If you drop into the cat and fiddle at anytime, tell them Brendan says hi, and to have a Guinness waiting for me around christmas time.

GN1NiteStnd
24th August 2005, 09:05
Did you go to Dave whittiker honda?
Cause theyr not that bad when your a regular. They even give you a discount -if your good :devil2:

Brains
26th August 2005, 18:33
Nods head to the above mention of a certain dealer, also had the pleasure of returning there upon having my tire put on backwards - and the tec wondered why I stood there and watched him do it right the second time? Barry's seems pretty good, they even gave me some fuses when I turned up after hours with a Ducati that didn't want it's lights and other electrical stuff to work - and this was before I ever purchased anything from them.

froggyfrenchman
31st August 2005, 16:41
go the gn250...

GN1NiteStnd
26th October 2005, 11:21
attention to detail is all they are missing, when they replaced the tyre on the gb they also put it on backwards. I thought they did the same with my gn, but its just the make of the tyre. I think its a Metzler, something like that.