PDA

View Full Version : Wellington riders are hard!

Beemer
28th July 2005, 18:01
I was in Wellington today (nice and dry in the car!) and I was amazed at the number of riders I saw battling the elements. Good on you all for not bowing down to the weather gods! I saw a cruiser with the number plate CRWZA (I think), as well as heaps of sports bikes and scooters - I didn't envy you your ride home though, not if it was anything like my drive home - down to 80kph and heaps of surface flooding.

I hope all of you made it home safely and your wet weather gear didn't leak!

Velox
28th July 2005, 20:17
Mine didn't leak. But that's because I didn't think I'd need to wear it. :doh:

JohnBoy
28th July 2005, 20:30
ah... wellington weather, i dont miss it at all!

FROSTY
28th July 2005, 20:35
and auckland riders aint hard?

Waylander
28th July 2005, 20:37
I was in Wellington today (nice and dry in the car!) and I was amazed at the number of riders I saw battling the elements. Good on you all for not bowing down to the weather gods! I saw a cruiser with the number plate CRWZA (I think), as well as heaps of sports bikes and scooters - I didn't envy you your ride home though, not if it was anything like my drive home - down to 80kph and heaps of surface flooding.

Rain has never stopped me from riding somewhere I needed to be.

unhingedlizard
28th July 2005, 21:32
on wellington once i saw the number plate "G0NADS' on the back of a telstar.

ajturbo
28th July 2005, 21:44
i had a guilty concencs (sp?) also today... was thinking about taking the bike .... but it was foggy and so out came the van.... .. on the way i saw 3 bikes and each time i tried to look the other way and hope they didn't see me.... i was sooo guilty of being a girl ....

but everytime i use the bike....

:drinkup: woops been drinking tonight:drinkup:

i love taking it to work.....only thing wrong is that i have to stop ... and work:weird:

:drinkup: time for another:drinkup:

Velox
28th July 2005, 21:47
i was sooo guilty of being a girl ....

Oi. 5 years. No car. Ride everyday. :sly: :Punk:

Waylander
28th July 2005, 21:49
Talk to Spank see what he says about taking the car.:ride:

FROSTY
28th July 2005, 21:51
love to see ya fit 2 under 5's on a bike :devil2:

Waylander
28th July 2005, 21:52
I could do it. Be dangerous as hell so I wouldn't actually do it but it is possible.

dhunt
28th July 2005, 22:09
I've done it before, Actually use to do it quite regularly. Ok it was in a country where the limit on how many people could fit on a bike was based on the size of the people that needed to fit on it.

Sniper
28th July 2005, 22:12
:rofl:

PA!!! Come down to CHCH why you will often see Biff riding around Naked eating an icecream while flipping off all the cops.

Then tell me Wellington is harder than CHCH. (I'll let WT and Biff fight this one out) :rofl:

Ixion
28th July 2005, 22:20

Easy. Left saddle bag. Push hard. Right saddle bag. Push hard. done

Sparky Bills
28th July 2005, 22:42

No :whistle:
A little rain never hurt anyone.
Only problem is...
I still got my race tyres on the bike, so not much grip while leaning in the rain.
Oh well, Will deal with it.

LB
29th July 2005, 05:36
We always commute in the car so I can't take any credit for being on the bike yesterday. I guess you could call me a bit of a girl. Last night we had very steady solid rain for hours, I expect along SH2 by Petone by the bowling alley will be flooded this morning.

White trash
29th July 2005, 08:42
:rofl:

PA!!! Come down to CHCH why you will often see Biff riding around Naked eating an icecream while flipping off all the cops.

Then tell me Wellington is harder than CHCH. (I'll let WT and Biff fight this one out) :rofl:

Christchurch riders are homos.

Sniper
29th July 2005, 08:45
Christchurch riders are homos.

We only ride like that to put you guys under false pretences when we meet we usually kick arse. (I think)

White trash
29th July 2005, 08:50
We only ride like that to put you guys under false pretences when we meet we usually kick arse. (I think)

Really? I can't wait......

Sniper
29th July 2005, 09:02
Really? I can't wait......

Welll there is a "have a go day" at Ruapuna where you can come out and kick my arse

White trash
29th July 2005, 09:04
Funnily enough, it's the day after an open day here that I'm attending. Both might be a little much. Sorry.

I've been there though, nice track, anyone'd be mad not to get out there when the oportunity arises.

sels1
29th July 2005, 09:17

Got 7 teenagers on a DT100 once....round and round the Newlands Shopping Centre carpark on a Thurs night.

Sniper
29th July 2005, 09:22
Funnily enough, it's the day after an open day here that I'm attending. Both might be a little much. Sorry.

I've been there though, nice track, anyone'd be mad not to get out there when the oportunity arises.

I have been convinced to go out and have a try so yea, practise. :devil2: :devil2:

Fryin Finn
29th July 2005, 10:06
Yeah I got wet feet going home (not wearing boots)
Jacket not waterproof but journey short enough not to get soaked

skidz
29th July 2005, 10:23
It's only water anyway! We probly get more rainfall up this way. Does this mean we're hard bastards as we don't mind getting wet on our bikes.

Sniper
29th July 2005, 10:38
It's only water anyway! We probly get more rainfall up this way. Does this mean we're hard bastards as we don't mind getting wet on our bikes.

You know, in my mind thats really dirty cause all I can focus on is hard, wet, on bike.

Ms Piggy
29th July 2005, 18:54

Yup I was one of them...I never knew I could get soooooo wet (in the rain)!

Beemer
30th July 2005, 00:13
Yup I was one of them...I never knew I could get soooooo wet (in the rain)!

*Cough* Mmn, perhaps you may like to rephrase that in a brighter colour... or someone sick like WT will get the wrong idea... :rofl:

inlinefour
31st July 2005, 15:38

No, they are not :weird: Especially when they carry on about how they should be able to ride in the bus lanes :nono:

Timber020
31st July 2005, 21:15
Some wellington riders are so hard they take out posts with their faces, now thats tough.....aye velox?

Velox
31st July 2005, 22:21
Some wellington riders are so hard they take out posts with their faces, now thats tough.....aye velox?
Yeah mate, and that's just training! Yep - they breed us hard down these ways. :headbang:

Edit: Hey - how do you know about that??? :blink:

XP@
1st August 2005, 15:00
Aye it was a fine ride home that rainy night. Lots of splashing in the puddles :devil2:

<Rant>
What really PISSED ME OFF was the stupid f'ing cagers driving inches from the car in front! None of them had a rats-arse in cat-land's chance of stopping.

Someone should line the nutters up against the fence, blindfold them and get them to dodge a brick. Those that dodge it can carry on driving, the rest can write "only a fool breaks the 2 second rule" 100 times with the blood from their bricked noses.
</Rant>

Velox
1st August 2005, 22:35
Yeah mate, and that's just training! Yep - they breed us hard down these ways. :headbang:

Edit: Hey - how do you know about that??? :blink:
*click* Worked it out! Took a while though. That's quite funny - didn't know you were on here till now.