PDA

View Full Version : Hi all, UK joiner (Icanopit)

Icanopit
20th April 2012, 00:17
Hi to all in NZ, born again rider too many bikes in the garage (so the wife says) used to compete in the 60/70s, back to ridig after a 30yr layoff. Now rebuilding a classic FZR 750 2lm. Get out to ride most days weather/arthritis permitting, fortunate to have 4 national race circuits within an hours ride.

ellipsis
20th April 2012, 00:31
...g'day mate...welcome...what were you racing way back when...

Icanopit
20th April 2012, 01:23
Hi CAMsec, started off on BSA/Norton progressed onto 50/125/250 Hondas then could'nt afford circuit racing, then went off road late 60s riding mainly trials on Greeves/Bultaco/Ossa and semi sponsored Montesa untill injury in 74. Nothing illustrious, forced to give up riding and returned to my passion for fly fishing.

JOHN

GrayWolf
20th April 2012, 12:02
Good day mate,
best advice I can offer as an ex pat... move over to the 'bikezone' NZ as soon as you can.... :yes::yes::Punk:
Hope you are enjoying the FZ, not a bad wee weapon even today.

ellipsis
20th April 2012, 17:54
...at times I reckon I could easily get all the kicks I need from sitting at the tide's edge or on a riverbank...then I realise that my wires are getting crossed and that chasing someone on a race track is still the thing that does it...not quite ready to get back into fishing yet...the little Hondas would have been the go back then...still are...