PDA

View Full Version : Free dirt bike tracks on North Shore?

nzdragon
28th July 2005, 18:44
I know theres a thread already but its hard to understand

Where are there some dirt bike tracks near North Shore that are free?

Cary
28th July 2005, 20:06
Your kidding right............

Firefight
28th July 2005, 20:18

whats so hard to understand ?

F/F

Trakxntrials
29th July 2005, 07:21
Hey guys, dont be too rough on a newcomer - they are townies and dont know the areas like we do!

Your supposed to welcome new comers with ( - open arms - )

Welcome to KB nzdragon - don't be put off by these guys - they are not that bad.

Trakxntrials
29th July 2005, 07:23
Hey "Scooter Boy?" under my name - cant they see I'm a girl *grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*

nzdragon
29th July 2005, 15:34
Yea well.... all i wanna know is if anyone knows where the nearest place for me to bike is? cause i just got a dirt bike yesterday...im a n00b. Kawazaki KDX 200 off trademe. So where is a good place to bike near the north shore for free?

Firefight
29th July 2005, 15:40
Yea well.... all i wanna know is if anyone knows where the nearest place for me to bike is? cause i just got a dirt bike yesterday...im a n00b. Kawazaki KDX 200 off trademe. So where is a good place to bike near the north shore for free?

atm, you can ride at most parts of the woodhill bike park durning the week for free, however if you break down in the middle of the park its a bloody long way to push the bike back to the carpark, you can also ride on the beach there for free, but try to stay off the dunes or the tree huggers will get you.

Weekend there is a small charge, but this allows you to ride the whole park, and you get a free recovery service, and first aid if you bump into a pine tree.

other than that I don't know of any other places to ride for free unless your keen on illegal rides. try joining a club there are a coulpe of good ones that most people who live on the shore and ride off road belong to.

Firefight.

Henk
29th July 2005, 17:52
A note on the last post
Riding on the beach is free as long as you don't get caught. The beach is a public road so strictly speaking you need a WOF rego and licence to ride there. The cops do get out and enforce it occasionaly.
Best bet, Join a club and go on organised rides or go to the bike park.

nzdragon
29th July 2005, 18:28
How do I join or find a club with people on the Shore? I really can't wait to get out on my bike...

Henk
31st July 2005, 09:19
I don't think there are any clubs that are based on the shore but in the auckland area there are two that I can think of. The Rodney club run mainly cross countrys and motocross, their website is www.rmcc.co.nz the Waitemata club run cross countrys, enduros and trail rides with the odd moto cross and trial thrown in the mix. Their website is www.waitematamcc.co.nz or you can go to the bike park in rimmers road pretty much whenever you like

Cary
31st July 2005, 16:15
How do I join or find a club with people on the Shore? I really can't wait to get out on my bike...

If you want to ride a safe MX track try Ardmore they are open Sundays/Wednesdays, only $10 on Wed $15 Sun. Call answerphone for info 09 2680886 They have a big race day (Wildman, not good for beginners) once/month.

Other than Woodhill mid week there are no free places to ride legally so don't do it. Woodhill would be your best bet $20 senior all day Sat/Sun public holidays.

First dirt bike nzdragon? If it is it's a good choice just keep the oil & air filter fresh and you'll have a ball.

As to joining a club, you can now get a day licence and try it out, i'm with Rodney, good club.

rmz250
22nd June 2006, 22:16
if not already? cheers

cheese
23rd June 2006, 09:09
Hi mate I'm on the shore too!!

ANyway Wood hill is great. especially when it rains. THe rain packs the sand down and it's alot more fun.

Riverhead is close too, but not fun at all in the rain. it's got to be reasonably dry if you are a noob. you will hate it otherwise....

Word is though that there is a new MX track being made in silvedale.

otherwise there is no "free" places to ride that I know of. Someone did say to me that you can ride near the albany mega center or something.

Give me a yell if you want to come with to woodhill. I'm trying to get out there this weekend....... if you are on MSN I'm sjgmcardle at hotmail.com

Cheers

Boosted
23rd June 2006, 17:49
If you wana b bad like i will haha behind the court house in albany, massive space for open riding in the mud :)

cheese
23rd June 2006, 18:27
yeah yaeh lets go throw some mud.

I'll get arrested first cause my bike is so fucking loud!!

Boosted
23rd June 2006, 19:18
haha we gota see which of ours is loudest haha mys pretty out there :P

cheese
24th June 2006, 00:38
yeah I've just repacked my exhaust, but the fucker is still loud.

I just did a few maintance bits and bobs on my bike. Bleed teh brakes (that was fun) changed the reed petals (fucking hope I did it right!!!) the old ones were quite worn looking. I also found a missing bolt of the subframe, so my good friend mr locktight came out.

Think I'll be out for a right next weekend. This weekend is looking no good. Mind you if it stops raining I might have a few laps at warterford MX track.

tnarg
25th June 2006, 19:19
We been bad haha and riding at Albany mega centre for 6months but the word got out and too many people started riding there now security gaurds patrol there but ya can give it a go and claim ignorance when they turn up.
If ya learning try muriwai then check out woodhill.

kro
26th June 2006, 06:45
Haha, I can drive 15 mins from my place, and be in one of two gi-normous forests, and ride for free. It must suck having to find the few overcrowded pay to ride venues.

Sorry, I'm an ex-Jafa, and just wanted to say that. :P

Wolf
27th June 2006, 13:38
Sorry, I'm an ex-Jafa, and just wanted to say that. :P
So you've earned the right to razz those who haven't "seen the light" and left Jafaville.

kro
27th June 2006, 19:19
I wasn't razzing, I was bragging, there's a bit difference. Either way, I'm good.

skelig
1st December 2012, 17:36

Where are there some dirt bike tracks near North Shore that are free?

Well there is a place in Albany it’s not exactly legal but ive been there loads of times and never got in any trouble

It’s not the best riding in Auckland for sure but it is in the shore

head down Greville road going towards the round about and on the other side of the road there is a gate turn around at the round about and head back up the same road then make a left follow a small gravel track n have fun BUT BE WARNED IF YOU PLAN ON DRIVING YOUR CAR FURTHER IN YOU NEED A 4X4 i have had to pull loads of people out there but its fine on a bike.

But if you want proper riding Riverhead and Wood hill are the next best places

oldskool
2nd December 2012, 11:08
Well there is a place in Albany it’s not exactly legal but ive been there loads of times and never got in any trouble

It’s not the best riding in Auckland for sure but it is in the shore

head down Greville road going towards the round about and on the other side of the road there is a gate turn around at the round about and head back up the same road then make a left follow a small gravel track n have fun BUT BE WARNED IF YOU PLAN ON DRIVING YOUR CAR FURTHER IN YOU NEED A 4X4 i have had to pull loads of people out there but its fine on a bike.

Are you talkin opposite the tip? Do you know who owns the land?

oldguy
2nd December 2012, 20:57
yeah yaeh lets go throw some mud.

I'll get arrested first cause my bike is so fucking loud!!

Gee cheese, you got to be the only person on here, that hasn't changed their bike, upgrade/ downgrade lol.

go the mighty Honda ah,

cheese
3rd December 2012, 21:05
Ahem, yes I have, i had a RM250 then. The CR has been so good I've not had to upgrade it.

skelig
4th December 2012, 18:35
Are you talkin opposite the tip? Do you know who owns the land?

No idea i have never got in any trouble riding there so i keep doing it and its in such a convenient place