PDA

View Full Version : What to do with a broken rm125

Spaz
28th July 2005, 20:58
well, a friend of mine got the flywheel of his rm125 brocken while he was racing and has rooted his engine. a good few thousand dollars there, he says he is expecting about a 3 grand quote on parts and a rebuild.
Well now he needs to find a way of getting the most cash out of what is left of his bike as he wasplanning to trade it in on a DR(Z?)250 strait after he got it fixed but now it seems worthless for a trade in.
What do you guys suggest he does with his bike? He's a young guy and now his chances of getting a new bike let alone fixing his new one are gone. If you guys have any helpful advice for him on what you think his best options are I would be very greatful to hear them.
Cheers.

Motu
28th July 2005, 21:12
What exactly has happened to the RM motor,detailed specifics please,if you want help you gotta do some work your end.If it's truly a gonner - put an XR200 into it,this is a very popular mod for dead MX bikes,it makes an incredable handling play bike....very sort after if done right.

Spaz
28th July 2005, 21:23
Cheers mate,
The discription I got from my friend was that the flywheel broke when someone hit him and got sucked throughout the engine. I'm not sure how bad the damage is, I haven't seen it myself, but he seems to think it's as good as a paper weight.
how much do you think an XR200 engine costs?

Spaz
28th July 2005, 22:00
HA!
I just had a chat to my mate, he hazed over when he heard the cost of a new flywheel from japan $2k! but that doesn't matter anymore, he found one for $300 and there isn't any more problems to his knowledge.
Funny what money can do to people who don't have any.
Cheers Motu and sorry for wasting your time.