PDA

View Full Version : Katman has a VLog!

sil3nt
24th April 2012, 13:55
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgXIHyY0mn0

:corn:

Crasherfromwayback
24th April 2012, 14:06
Couldn't watch all of that sorry. But the penis talking and waving his arms around is a bit hypocriticle saying people aren't paying enough attention! Riding along next to a 2 1/2 tonne suv with your clutch hand waving around chatting ain't too smart in my opinion.

oneofsix
24th April 2012, 14:17
Couldn't watch all of that sorry. But the penis talking and waving his arms around is a bit hypocriticle saying people aren't paying enough attention! Riding along next to a 2 1/2 tonne suv with your clutch hand waving around chatting ain't too smart in my opinion.

but .. but ... I was just waiting to see you try to maintain the two plus car length gap in front of you at the Courtenay Place lights. :devil2: or any other city lights without pissing of the traffic behind you.

kiwifruit
24th April 2012, 14:20
katman has a KX250.... it's mean!!

Katman
24th April 2012, 14:33
I prefer my delivery.

Scuba_Steve
24th April 2012, 14:34
Anytime he wants to put his money where his mouth is, I've got a LandRover waiting for him too.
Best part is you could hit him & like he said "it's his fault"

Maha
24th April 2012, 15:12
However, there is some truth in what he says.

oneofsix
24th April 2012, 15:14
However, there is some truth in what he says.

Of course there is and there is also some truth in "all motorcycle accidents are some else's fault". Doesn't make either true.

avgas
24th April 2012, 15:19
Something tells me, talking crap, waving your arms around, while riding on a motorbike........... is not exactly the safest means on travel.

Let me know when he does his "Oh sh.... THAT WASN"T MY FAULT" video.

Crasherfromwayback
24th April 2012, 15:23
I prefer my delivery.

Compared to the cunt on the film...so do I!

Maha
24th April 2012, 15:25
Of course there is and there is also some truth in "all motorcycle accidents are some else's fault". Doesn't make either true.

You can bend it around all you like....but,
If you get hit from behind...not your fault..you have done all that you can to get to that point, without incident.
However, if you hit another vehicle, its your fault...it has to be, you hit another vehicle, a cop can even ticket you for it, failure to stop ring a bell?
There are countless scenarios with each accident and its best to let the cops (or whomever) sort it out rather than incriminate yourself.
But all the guy in the video is saying is that ''if he hits someone, its his fault''...and thats correct.

oneofsix
24th April 2012, 15:30
You can bend it around all you like....but,
If you get hit from behind...not your fault..you have done all that you can to get to that point, without incident.
However, if you hit another vehicle, its your fault...it has to be, you hit another vehicle, a cop can even ticket you for it, failure to stop ring a bell?
There are countless scenarios with each accident and its best to let the cops (or whomever) sort it out rather than incriminate yourself.
But all the guy in the video is saying is that ''if he hits someone, its his fault''...and thats correct.

No he said if you get hit from behind it's your fault. He is saying that all crashes are totally and absolutely avoidable by you regardless of circumstances.

Maha
24th April 2012, 15:32
No he said if you get hit from behind it's your fault. He is saying that all crashes are totally and absolutely avoidable by you regardless of circumstances.

Thats why I said 'some' truth..I dont agree with all that he said.
We could debate this for pages (no typo) but....lets not.

Bassmatt
24th April 2012, 15:37
Thats why I said 'some' truth..I dont agree with all that he said.
We could debate this for pages (no typo) but....lets not.

+1 cos I'm a bit wierd :drool: and will read it all even tho I don't wanna

PrincessBandit
24th April 2012, 18:08
I prefer my delivery.

hahaha, me too. I did sit through the entire spiel thinking "what an idiot" and I was waiting for the crash before the end! Bit of a let down actually :msn-wink:
For a start, I didn't think guys could blab on like that (like girls usually do) endlessly - I loved the "oh crap" when he went over the train lines - let alone when they're in charge of a potentially lethal weapon. I liken it to someone with a loaded gun in their hand, carelessly waving it around while all the time giving a lame talk on gun safety.

Give me katman's brutal style of oration any day.

Andy67
24th April 2012, 18:17
Mmmm personally I wouldn't mind being nailed by an old lady from behind, actually hoping for some of that action a bit later tonight :gob:

Katman
24th April 2012, 18:19
I liken it to someone with a loaded gun in their hand, carelessly waving it around while all the time giving a lame talk on gun safety.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/b02fDSAGk5s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:facepalm:

jellywrestler
24th April 2012, 18:30
Riding along next to a 2 1/2 tonne suv with your clutch hand waving around chatting ain't too smart in my opinion.maybe it's an automatic bike Pete?

Squiggles
24th April 2012, 18:58
The comments remind me of on here...

You're obviously a fair weather rider and I don't see any point in arguing about it.

:lol:

haydes55
24th April 2012, 19:10
I saw him riding in a big black utes blind spot one handed for a good 20 seconds :facepalm:

mossy1200
24th April 2012, 19:20
At least Katman sums it up in one sentence. I was waiting for a jet engine to drop on him after 30secs.

DangerMice
24th April 2012, 19:23
"it's your fault because you did not anticipate every possible outcome"

That's utter bullshit because nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition...

Scuba_Steve
25th April 2012, 10:19
"it's your fault because you did not anticipate every possible outcome"

That's utter bullshit because nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAn7baRbhx4

Madness
25th April 2012, 10:27
Mmmm personally I wouldn't mind being nailed by an old lady from behind, actually hoping for some of that action a bit later tonight :gob:

Strap-ons are your thing, huh?

Maha
25th April 2012, 10:33

So how was it for you and Sabastian?

martybabe
25th April 2012, 12:16
Forgetting what he actually said for a moment,(although I agree with some of it) did anyone think the riding displayed was practising the safe riding and awareness he espoused.

I know we're all self appointed experts but frankly, from where I'm sitting in my arm chair, I thought he was blissfully unaware and/or not reacting to most of the potential hazards I saw on that short trip. In fact I'll go further and say I thought his riding was not at all defensive and whilst not reckless I think it was borderline dangerous. I would think that if he's only had one accident in ten years then his survival has been based more on dumb luck than the super human awareness and reactions he thinks he has.

Which is more dangerous I wonder, believing you are hyper-aware of all potential threats to your safety on the road or being a numpty with no clue of the risks you run on every outing. I believe his misplaced confidence in his own skills and ability to avoid calamity will catch up with him one day.

Andy67
25th April 2012, 14:57
Strap-ons are your thing, huh?

And that's why I shouldnt drink and post .... Actually there was this one time.....:shit:

Andy67
25th April 2012, 15:00
[QUOTE=Maha;1130310163]So how was it for you and Sabastian?

Awesome

Andy67
25th April 2012, 15:07
Which is more dangerous I wonder, believing you are hyper-aware of all potential threats to your safety on the road or being a numpty with no clue of the risks you run on every outing. I believe his misplaced confidence in his own skills and ability to avoid calamity will catch up with him one day.

Good question and I don't know the answer. What I do know is we approach riders at various events and try to get them interested in rider training. Most are receptive and some follow through but a certain demographic seem to have an elevated opinion of their abilities. I wonder if 20 years on the road is 20 Years learning or repeating the same mistakes 20 times over?

Crasherfromwayback
25th April 2012, 16:58
and whilst not reckless I think it was borderline dangerous. .

Which is worse?

skinman
27th April 2012, 20:21
years on the road count for very little, only means your getting older.
Does not follow that you will be a better or safer driver/rider.
I for instance have had a license for most of the 30 odd years I have been able to drive but I would not consider myself an expert who can teach others anything.
He said he had been on the road for 10 years, has he had extensive training or something that makes him more special than us old bastards?
I didnt see anything that impressed me.
I do however think that an awful lot of accidents could have been avoided with better skills & attention (especially on a bike)

Grahameeboy
29th April 2012, 20:13
So Katman doe not have VD then?? Just saying :weird: