PDA

View Full Version : Great service from a bike shop ~!!!

Firefight
29th July 2005, 09:54
Not big on compliments to bike shops, after all they have a job to do, and if they want to make money its up to them to come up with the service. However I have to have to give a pat on the back to "Bayride motor cycles ''in Tauranga.

I have been looking for a bike for my partner, and have been to nearly every bloody bike shop in the central North Island, and looked at heaps of bikes privately, anyway, by chance the aforementioned dealer had what my wife wanted.

I think what impressed me the most about this dealership, would be the owner (Lynsey) he didn't not talk down to my partner, made her feel like she was part of the deal,and listened to what she had to say, he was happy to haggle(can't beat a Scot with cash in his hand )and even if the deal was chicken feed compared to a new R1, we felt like they were interested in helping us, and they did.

so thank you Bayride Motorcycles. :first: class service.

It may pay dividends for them in the long run, I think I would be happy to buy my next new sports bike from these guys, and of course their a Yam dealer so thats good as well.

Firefight.

bugjuice
29th July 2005, 09:58
nice one.. so the missus will be chasing you down the 22 from now on then?

Firefight
29th July 2005, 09:59
nice one.. so the missus will be chasing you down the 22 from now on then?

No !

F/F

Sniper
29th July 2005, 10:01
So what did she get

Big Dave
29th July 2005, 11:30
Yama......more importantly they are are a Triumph dealer.

Firefight
29th July 2005, 11:49
Did she end up with a ZZR Dave?

No

F/F

Firefight
29th July 2005, 11:53
Yama......more importantly they are are a Triumph dealer.

never been a fan of triumph's, however they had a nice yellow 650 something or other sports bike type which I am going back to demo ride next week, do you have any links re this bike that I could read up on Dave ?

F/F

Pathos
29th July 2005, 12:04
I've been impressed with the second hand bike shops that I've gone to. Most of them were interested in trying to help me get what was best for me even going as persuading to look in other stores or second hand even if they had a reasonable machine in the yard. They always had plenty of time to chat even if they knew I wasn't buying anything.

Big Dave
29th July 2005, 12:07
www.davidcohen.co.nz and scroll down on the rhs.

Mackay tested it in last month's KR and loved its guts too. Rated it his favourite 6 hundy because of its all round ability and sweet front end.

Firefight
29th July 2005, 12:15
www.davidcohen.co.nz and scroll down on the rhs.

Mackay tested it in last month's KR and loved its guts too. Rated it his favourite 6 hundy because of its all round ability and sweet front end.

Thanks Dave, worth reading, am going down next week to take one out, so will be intersted to see the comparison for myself.

F/F

Zed
29th July 2005, 12:40
I have been looking for a bike for my partner, and have been to nearly every bloody bike shop in the central North Island, and looked at heaps of bikes privately, anyway, by chance the aforementioned dealer had what my wife wanted.You're good to her Dave, mine asked me if I would find her a bike and I abruptly declined her request! :nono:

unhingedlizard
29th July 2005, 12:46
Various UK mags have been testing 600's a lot recently.
Doesnt help much I know but thee order seems to be something like this
R6, Daytona 650, GSXR600, Kawasaki ZX6R, Honda CBR600

Note: They do say the ZX6R is the best on the track, the 650 the best on the road, and the R6 is the best allrounder.

Not my opinion so dont flame at me. Personally, I'd take a 650. They look the shitz.

Motoracer
29th July 2005, 12:47
Thanks Dave, worth reading, am going down next week to take one out, so will be intersted to see the comparison for myself.

F/F

As per the PM, I reckon them Daytona 650s are the shit!! Specially for you and what you do, it would be perfect. I'd buy one if I could afford one but you can't race them in F2/600cc SP as they are 650, not 600s. They got class, they sound great, they got mean brakes, the power is supposed to be much improved from the previous models and they are unique when compaired to something like the new 636s (which everyone seems to have atm!).

If you like the demo ride and price and everything, go for it! :niceone:

Keystone19
29th July 2005, 12:48
You're good to her Dave, mine asked me if I would find her a bike and I abruptly declined her request! :nono:

You're just scared that she'll be riding better than you within two or three weeks... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I wish I could get Mr K to ride... :brick:

Zed
29th July 2005, 13:31
You're just scared that she'll be riding better than you within two or three weeks... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Well she would have the *master* to learn from!! :yes:

Keystone19
29th July 2005, 13:34
Well she would have the *master* to learn from!! :yes:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :niceone:

Firefight
29th July 2005, 13:50
Not my opinion so dont flame at me.

I wasn't going to "flame at you " i thought "thank you""
might be a worthwhile response.

F/F

Beemer
29th July 2005, 14:23
Must be something about the Bay - when I was looking for a Goose I rang Underwood and Wilkins as they had been advertising a new one for ages. Just my luck, they had sold it an hour before I rang! But the guy said he was sure there was another one in the region, and said he would try and track it down for me. He called back within minutes to say Bikeforce in Rotorua had one, and less than five minutes later, a guy from that shop rang me! Next time I'm in Whakatane visiting the rellies I'll drop in with a bottle or two for them as it's not like they made anything on the deal.

unhingedlizard
29th July 2005, 19:41
I wasn't going to "flame at you " i thought "thank you""
might be a worthwhile response.

F/F

Wasnt really aimed at you, more at touchy people who dont like others putting down thier GSXR, CBR etc.

Waylander
29th July 2005, 20:33
You know, all this about the Dayton 650 and you still havn't said what the lady is riding now. Unless it is the Daytona and in that case, good choice:2thumbsup

Slim
29th July 2005, 20:43
I've got the Daytona, FF, and I'm loving it. Give me a bell next Saturday & I might be able to meet you at the shop & come for a ride. :)

As to your comments on Bayride, I completely concur. They let me take that yellow demo you saw for a 3 hour test ride & then they went far beyond the call of duty to help me finance my bike, even to selling the CBR6 "on behalf" instead of doing a trade. The bike was sold in a week & they told me straight away (unlike a certain Suzuki dealership I can think of!) Then they called it all a cash deal & gave me $500 bucks of the R.R.Price.

Lyndsey is the new owner & has a lot of bad rep from the previous owners to overcome, but I think he won't have any problems. :clap: