PDA

View Full Version : Belt drive GSXR?

nadroj
28th April 2012, 10:12
Something a little different riding the streets of New Plymouth currently.262712262713

bogan
28th April 2012, 10:16
Thats fucking cool! What does it go like?

nadroj
28th April 2012, 10:19
Thats fucking cool! What does it go like?

Very quietly!. Geared to around 120kph but he is building another with higher gearing.

He will be looking into Shorai battery power.

Mental Trousers
28th April 2012, 11:12
Who's been building that?? It looks great.

AllanB
28th April 2012, 12:06
Looks cool. Maybe the future is not all bad!

Madness
28th April 2012, 12:20
Cool bike. Looks like you'd get sore nuts sitting on that seat though.

Geeen
28th April 2012, 13:50
Thats the bestest looking 'lektrk bike I've seen yet. Nice work that man. I'll bet its a torque monster.

Andy67
28th April 2012, 14:12
Shit that's cool, some really clever dudes around for sure. :cool:

NinjaNanna
28th April 2012, 19:27
Looks cool. Maybe the future is not all bad!

+1

+10 chars

bogan
28th April 2012, 19:32
Just had a better look. Is that an ME0709? and is the clutch lever hooked up to anything?

Wannabiker
28th April 2012, 20:08
Looks like the clutch lever may be for the rear brake...I cannot see a brake lever hanging off the right hand footpeg...

nadroj
28th April 2012, 20:17
Rear brake on clutch lever appears to connect onto rear master cylinder linkage.

Mental Trousers
28th April 2012, 20:45
It's got a rear brake on the right bar. The blue thing is the lever looking at it end on. There's the brake fluid reservoir etc all there. If anything it looks like a linked system running off the single front lever.

ducatilover
28th April 2012, 22:45
:headbang:Wicked a leccy 600SRAD! I like the 1098 tail, very cool bike indeed :niceone: can we have more info?

Urano
29th April 2012, 00:45
beautiful!

unfortunately, as for every full-electric bike/car, there is the same, little, annoying prob, i suppose: how long to take a full charge?

just to know: have you got any idea of how much did he spent to build it? roughly...

nadroj
29th April 2012, 07:41
beautiful!

unfortunately, as for every full-electric bike/car, there is the same, little, annoying prob, i suppose: how long to take a full charge?

just to know: have you got any idea of how much did he spent to build it? roughly...

I bumped into him at the local Saeco when I was getting some bearings. I gave him my card & hope to catch up with him for more info.
I understand he is running lithium batteries at 72 volts and got some parts as a kit from USA. Charger is mounted in the bike for recharging at any outlet.
Bike is a GSXR 600 he picked up with a blown motor for aprox $1700.

roguenp
27th May 2012, 12:04
hey everyone, i have spent alot of time building this bike as it is my first time making an ev, this one was just the test bike to make sure it all worked how i wanted it to, the bike i am building now is the first of my new new prduction bike that i will be selling through out NZ, it will have the very latest in battery and bms technology and running a pretty cool new motor.
thanks for you intrest i will keep you all posted on the new bike.

haydes55
27th May 2012, 13:08
hey everyone, i have spent alot of time building this bike as it is my first time making an ev, this one was just the test bike to make sure it all worked how i wanted it to, the bike i am building now is the first of my new new prduction bike that i will be selling through out NZ, it will have the very latest in battery and bms technology and running a pretty cool new motor.

Awesome!:cool:

Any idea of 0-100km/h, top speed and range on a charge?

bogan
27th May 2012, 16:42

I'd be very interested if you put up a build thread for it, here would be where it goes ;) (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php/112-Modifying-Motorbikes)

Click on my sig pic if you want to see what I did on a pretty low budget.

roguenp
3rd June 2012, 17:40
All going well the new bike will be on display at this years big boys toys. The test bike in the photos on previous page has a top speed of 130km an 0-100 in about 6sec without pushing to hard. Its a blast to ride an would never go back to gas powered. (unless long trip was needed) the new bike will have 100+ kms on single charge.

98tls
3rd June 2012, 17:45
:niceone:Any info on who built it?

Urano
3rd June 2012, 20:56
the new bike will have 100+ kms on single charge.

cheers man.
but the prob is not that.
the real issue is: "how long from drained to full rejuice?"
>5 hours? baaaad
5-2 hours? baddy
2 hours-30 mins? well, barely doable
30-10 mins? that's something reasonable
10-5 mins? very nice.
<5 mins? now i'm interested to invest in your idea...

roguenp
4th June 2012, 10:07
It depends how offen you are on the bike an what you use it for, touring is not an option at this point on an electric. Im guessing you sleep every night so while you are recharging the bike can to. It has an on board charger, i only charge once a week either at home or at work. 40min will get bout 80% charged an 3hrs for the full. I dont see charging time as a problem its always gonna take time, but the thing that will get better is distance on a charge. Will keep everyone updated, cheers

sugilite
4th June 2012, 11:02
Awesome work right there. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress :yes:

haydes55
4th June 2012, 11:57
http://youtu.be/Bv7gDTG6xpA

Could be racings future. These bikes look good for a junior, would be alot safer, could rig up a remote kill switch easily in case of crashes or mechanical failures.

Boob Johnson
4th June 2012, 16:21
Hell, 3hrs ain't half bad at all!!

roguenp
4th June 2012, 18:09
Yer you are right its not long at all when you look at how long mobile phones an tablets take to charge.

Boob Johnson
4th June 2012, 18:56
Yer you are right its not long at all when you look at how long mobile phones an tablets take to charge.
And to boot, 40mins for 80% charge isn't bad either. One could be having dinner/lunch or whatever while it recharges.

Dave-
8th June 2012, 21:26
And to boot, 40mins for 80% charge isn't bad either. One could be having dinner/lunch or whatever while it recharges.

Hi Boob! (we should have a yarn on fb or something, how was asia?)

Assuming he's using lithium ion (what are you using roguenp? li-ion? polymer? lead acid? lol) then you'll only have 80% of your power and range, which might sound like a lot, but the discharge graph of a typical lithium ion/polymer battery is almost constant for a long time then hits a point and decays exponentially, at 80% charge you'll only be 80% of the way up this graph giving you roughly 40 mins (according to the graph I'm looking at) which sounds fine and dandy but because it's an exponential decay your speed will be reduced as such, which means you can only ride for like 8 minutes before you have to turn around and ride back for 32 mins (8 and 32 is a bit of a guess but you get the idea), plus you wouldn’t want to drop below 10% of battery power before you started damaging things, if I were to call roguenp out on something that would probably be it.

I haven't actually done battery discharge yet, but I know how to read a graph, and unless there's some fundamental law of batteries I'm yet to learn I'm going to stand by my above statement.

No disrespect to rouguenp, someone has to do the hard yards, but when you do some maths you start running into some pretty big numbers, like how much power NZ would require to switch it's entire transport fleet to electric (if everyone charged for 3 hours it's ~40GW, which is 10x more than our current total output, with a network which breaks when we have a small snow storm - not going to happen) then you have the lack of lithium (not enough to go around - by a long way) unless another form of energy storage is found, or an asteroid is mined (which I think is more likely than all of the above and totally fucking awesome)

Anyone who wants to feel good about saving the environment needs to look at how, where, and how much it cost to mine lithium, then you've got to consider you're only moving the problem out of the exhaust pipe and into a nuclear reactor (which NZ would need, but never have) or as stated, 20x more power stations, which no one will put up cause it'll ruin their fishing spot/Native New Zealand slug reserve/swimming hole/view of a green hill identical to the one next to it)

Here's a graph of a typical Lithium Ion Battery discharge (admittedly this battery is much much smaller than one in a motorcycle, and admittedly I don't know how scale fits with time (I know intuitively it should make it longer, but this isn't an ordinary graph so I can't say) but everything I said here is relative to the red line on the picture:

http://www.ibt-power.com/Battery_packs/Li_Ion/Li_Ion_ChrGph.JPG

Wow that turned into a bit of a rant, it's really not I'm trying to be informative, but really I'm just procrastinating. Anyway I have to get back to study, finding the principle thinger of an ellipse using eigenvalues/vectors, FUCK YEEAAAAAAH

roguenp
11th June 2012, 19:51
Well done, that was nice and long. The bike has a bms that does not allow it to run below 80% at which point it enters limp home mode. when I said 40 min for 80% I was referring to the usable charge. there is a site comparing the gas vs electric industry I'll try an find it an post link. I'm not really interested in a debate. I have made the first bike its great people love it that ride it an the next bike will only get better. we are talking motorcycles not cars big difference an I'm not talking fleets.

NinjaNanna
11th June 2012, 19:56
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to roguenp again.

Gremlin
11th June 2012, 20:23
damn... good job roguenp! :Punk:

Dave-
11th June 2012, 21:28
Well done, that was nice and long. The bike has a bms that does not allow it to run below 80% at which point it enters limp home mode. when I said 40 min for 80% I was referring to the usable charge. there is a site comparing the gas vs electric industry I'll try an find it an post link. I'm not really interested in a debate. I have made the first bike its great people love it that ride it an the next bike will only get better. we are talking motorcycles not cars big difference an I'm not talking fleets.

oh sweet, just to clarify, that's a 40 minute charge to get to 80%? and then that's worth 40 minutes of riding at top power? roughly of course.

are you using li-ion too?

roguenp
11th June 2012, 22:01
No I don't believe I have stated distance you will get from that quick charge that's why it takes 3 hours to fully charge its that last little bit that gives you the most distance. Although that 40 min charge gives me two more days of riding back and forward to work.not sure why you are trying to prove me wrong.you are more than welcome to come see an try the bike out. I have only posted all info that the bike actually does for the purpose I use the bike for.no better an no worse than any other quality electric bike. Like I have mentioned earlier its not a replacement for fuel power, its not for touring or long distance but it is a great option for town and medium distances. Who knows what the future may bring.

Dave-
11th June 2012, 22:35
No I don't believe I have stated distance you will get from that quick charge that's why it takes 3 hours to fully charge its that last little bit that gives you the most distance. Although that 40 min charge gives me two more days of riding back and forward to work.not sure why you are trying to prove me wrong.you are more than welcome to come see an try the bike out. I have only posted all info that the bike actually does for the purpose I use the bike for.no better an no worse than any other quality electric bike. Like I have mentioned earlier its not a replacement for fuel power, its not for touring or long distance but it is a great option for town and medium distances. Who knows what the future may bring.

yeah yeah I know dude, I'm not having a go, merely stating facts as I see them.

2 days of commutes out of a 40 min charge is excellent and the bike you've built looks stunning.

Dave-
16th June 2012, 15:01
just had a thought, haha, you should get 0HERTZ as the license plate (it's available I checked)

unless you're running AC...

skippa1
20th June 2012, 15:58

:niceone:Nice bike man.....dont worry about the dick head, this is KB and you have to write between the lines as it appears thats where everyone reads from:rolleyes:

skippa1
20th June 2012, 16:02
Hi Boob! (we should have a yarn on fb or something, how was asia?)

Assuming he's using lithium ion (what are you using roguenp? li-ion? polymer? lead acid? lol) then you'll only have 80% of your power and range, which might sound like a lot, but the discharge graph of a typical lithium ion/polymer battery is almost constant for a long time then hits a point and decays exponentially, at 80% charge you'll only be 80% of the way up this graph giving you roughly 40 mins (according to the graph I'm looking at) which sounds fine and dandy but because it's an exponential decay your speed will be reduced as such, which means you can only ride for like 8 minutes before you have to turn around and ride back for 32 mins (8 and 32 is a bit of a guess but you get the idea), plus you wouldn’t want to drop below 10% of battery power before you started damaging things, if I were to call roguenp out on something that would probably be it.

I haven't actually done battery discharge yet, but I know how to read a graph, and unless there's some fundamental law of batteries I'm yet to learn I'm going to stand by my above statement.

No disrespect to rouguenp, someone has to do the hard yards, but when you do some maths you start running into some pretty big numbers, like how much power NZ would require to switch it's entire transport fleet to electric (if everyone charged for 3 hours it's ~40GW, which is 10x more than our current total output, with a network which breaks when we have a small snow storm - not going to happen) then you have the lack of lithium (not enough to go around - by a long way) unless another form of energy storage is found, or an asteroid is mined (which I think is more likely than all of the above and totally fucking awesome)

Anyone who wants to feel good about saving the environment needs to look at how, where, and how much it cost to mine lithium, then you've got to consider you're only moving the problem out of the exhaust pipe and into a nuclear reactor (which NZ would need, but never have) or as stated, 20x more power stations, which no one will put up cause it'll ruin their fishing spot/Native New Zealand slug reserve/swimming hole/view of a green hill identical to the one next to it)

Here's a graph of a typical Lithium Ion Battery discharge (admittedly this battery is much much smaller than one in a motorcycle, and admittedly I don't know how scale fits with time (I know intuitively it should make it longer, but this isn't an ordinary graph so I can't say) but everything I said here is relative to the red line on the picture:

Wow that turned into a bit of a rant, it's really not I'm trying to be informative, but really I'm just procrastinating. Anyway I have to get back to study, finding the principle thinger of an ellipse using eigenvalues/vectors, FUCK YEEAAAAAAH

seriously:eek:?????you read somewhere he was aiming at powering the entire transport fleet?????what a fucken rant about nothing :weird:

Dave-
20th June 2012, 17:29
seriously:eek:?????you read somewhere he was aiming at powering the entire transport fleet?????what a fucken rant about nothing :weird:

:rolleyes:

no you douchebag, I'm just pointing out some glaring holes in the EV solution.

skippa1
20th June 2012, 19:11
:rolleyes:

no you douchebag, I'm just pointing out some glaring holes in the EV solution.

Ahhhh actually you took a thread where a few people were congratulating a guy for his clever build,a thred that he didnt start incidentally, and proceeded to blurt about how it wouldnt solve the worlds energy woes. Looked to me like you wanted to impress with your knowledge and maths skills. Cool

Dave-
20th June 2012, 20:05
Ahhhh actually you took a thread where a few people were congratulating a guy for his clever build,a thred that he didnt start incidentally, and proceeded to blurt about how it wouldnt solve the worlds energy woes. Looked to me like you wanted to impress with your knowledge and maths skills. Cool

I was hoping to start lively debate on the EV solution with a guy who is clearly on the cutting edge of the development, not once did I actually insult the guy or his bike, infact I stated I meant no disrespect and then accepted his explination, asking more about the bike.

Then you came along and actually outright insulted me!? what a fantastic contribution, fuck I'm glad we have you to make sure everyone knows I'm a dickhead, all I posted was relevant, interesting, thought provoking, well researched information, clearly this pails in comparison to your petty insult.

Pathetic.

skippa1
20th June 2012, 20:09
I was hoping to start lively debate on the EV solution with a guy who is clearly on the cutting edge of the development, not once did I actually insult the guy or his bike, infact I stated I meant no disrespect and then accepted his explination, asking more about the bike.

Then you came along and actually outright insulted me!? what a fantastic contribution, fuck I'm glad we have you to make sure everyone knows I'm a dickhead, all I posted was relevant, interesting, thought provoking, well researched information, clearly this pails in comparison to your petty insult.

Pathetic.

ahhhh please.....you dont need me to make sure eveyone knows youre a dickhead:eek:

Dave-
20th June 2012, 20:14
ahhhh please.....you dont need me to make sure eveyone knows youre a dickhead:eek:

So you are redundant.

NinjaNanna
20th June 2012, 20:16

That may be so but it is not how it came across.

The approriate way to have done that would have been to start your own thread and send the guy a pm with a link to the thread if you wanted his input.

Basically you came across as a young know-it-all upstart.

skippa1
20th June 2012, 20:21
So you are redundant.

seems some others think you were being a noter:rolleyes:

bogan
20th June 2012, 20:29

The approriate way to have done that would have been to start your own thread and send the guy a pm with a link to the thread if you wanted his input.

I seem to recall having much the same discussion in the TTXGP thread (or whatever they call it)... I don't really see why electric bike builders cop so much flak cos people don't see them as a viable solution, yet the same are fine with riding bikes that are ploughing through the worlds supply of dino-juice :weird:

Dave-
20th June 2012, 20:36

Maybe I am? but does that disclude the information that I posted from being as I described it?

relevant, interesting, thought provoking, well researched information?

What if this skipper guy was coming across as another old boy trying to teach me a thing or two about....well nothing, he just insulted me, regardless of how he came across he still called me a dickhead and he'll get the bite he deserves for it, which is in the content, if he'd come across as another old boy actually teaching me a thing or two about the relevant topic then I'd be humbled.

seems some others think you were being a noter:rolleyes:

what is a noter?

bogan, some other dude and I had a yarn about the topic in the TTXGP thread, no one would have seen it cause only the seriously elite go into the racing forum (as opposed to wanna be racers in the sportsbike forum....oooh dig dig) the other guy in that TTX thread had some interesting emerging battery technologies, I even asked rouge if he was using li-ion but didn't get a reply.

skippa1
20th June 2012, 20:42
called me a dickhead

:baby::baby::baby::baby:

nadroj
20th June 2012, 20:54
Hey dickheads & others - can we have this thread back on topic please!

skippa1
20th June 2012, 20:58
Hey dickheads & others - can we have this thread back on topic please!

too true....sorry. I have to take my hat off to the guy, the belt drive, the innovation and time that must have gone into this is truely outstanding:clap:

nadroj
20th June 2012, 21:02
and the fact he is building more.

It will be good to see a "work in progress" report with a few pics (if we haven't scared him off).

short-circuit
21st June 2012, 07:06
Maybe I am? but does that disclude the information that I posted [Blah/blah/blah].

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=disclude

skippa1
21st June 2012, 07:54
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=disclude

:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme :killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme:lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

roguenp
24th June 2012, 09:20
Thanks for all the great feed back an support, the new bike has been started I am just waiting for the batteries, bms, motor and controller, there has been a slight hold up in the factory so i am told two Weeks an they'll be arriving. I was looking at the shori batteries but it just couldn't fit in the budget, maybe next time. I will post pics soon.

sugilite
24th June 2012, 12:01
Thanks for taking the time to give us an update. It's such a interesting project, I'm in awe of your mad skills! :niceone:

bogan
24th June 2012, 23:27
I think the new version should get its own build thread, definitely worthy :yes: devoid of world greeny issues, and just keep us up to date with all the neat parts instead.

Oh, feel free to pilfer my sig pic too... :shifty: the growth is inevitable :D

Dave-
26th June 2012, 13:56
Thanks for all the great feed back an support, the new bike has been started I am just waiting for the batteries, bms, motor and controller, there has been a slight hold up in the factory so i am told two Weeks an they'll be arriving. I was looking at the shori batteries but it just couldn't fit in the budget, maybe next time. I will post pics soon.

what type of battery? and which motor?

roguenp
26th June 2012, 15:30
Its a fairly new set up that I have sourced an they have made it all custom and water cooled not prepared to give out to much info just yet until I have it up an running. I am currently building the frame and swing arm from scratch so all parts bolt in.

roguenp
26th June 2012, 15:48
http://youtu.be/vDzmSvTFkCI

Test startup to make sure everything ran sweet, running on test pack of deep cycle batteries,which has now been changed out for lithium

roguenp
26th June 2012, 16:27
http://youtu.be/9QIwN9PzyFo

First Ride Home on new batteries, Taking it easy making sure everything was ok. (white car following to make sure i made the 10km journey) didnt cut someone off :innocent:

NinjaNanna
26th June 2012, 19:50
wicked.....

bogan
26th June 2012, 20:00
http://youtu.be/vDzmSvTFkCI

Test startup to make sure everything ran sweet, running on test pack of deep cycle batteries,which has now been changed out for lithium

Reminds me of the numerous times during my testing when it went WFO, and had to slam the e-stop. Lesson learnt: if you're handy with electronics, make some fancy gauges, do not assume booksmart electronics skills will in any way translate to power electronics skills!

Looks and sounds pretty nice though eh!

ducatilover
26th June 2012, 22:06

First Ride Home on new batteries, Taking it easy making sure everything was ok. (white car following to make sure i made the 10km journey) didnt cut someone off :innocent:

That's awesome, I want one!

Tigadee
5th July 2012, 09:29
In the not too distant future, batteries will be part of the body (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-18623840) and not even in some container!

And maybe they will also be self-charging solar powered if they can combine the spray-on battery tech with solar cell tech...

Tigadee
5th July 2012, 09:39

It's quiet... too quiet. Always wanted to say that.

Will you have to install a sound board and speaker which makes electronic exhaust sounds corresponding to the bike's speed and gearing, I wonder?:laugh:

But damned cool project!:niceone:

Dave-
6th July 2012, 12:35
Will you have to install a sound board and speaker which makes electronic exhaust sounds corresponding to the bike's speed and gearing, I wonder?:laugh:

But damned cool project!:niceone:

eeew, what a waste of power, plus it'll sound tinny unless you use big heavy expensive speakers that'll reduce performance all just to stroke the noise pollution ego.

one of the benefits of electric would stop people who moved into a race track area (and somehow didnt know) from complaining about the noise.....but that's really a problem best solved with a kick to the teeth in my very own opinion.

at the port nelson street race they run the circuit anti-clockwise, it's far more dangerous as there's less run off on some hairy corners, but at least the people of nelson dont have the exhausts pointing in their direction as the bikes go down the straight....

Edbear
6th July 2012, 17:23
[First Ride Home on new batteries, Taking it easy making sure everything was ok. (white car following to make sure i made the 10km journey) didnt cut someone off :innocent:

What batteries are you using? You said Lithium but what brand?

Edbear
6th July 2012, 17:25
Ignore previous post I just read your other one....:doh:

roguenp
6th July 2012, 23:22
Very true tigadee for the next bike the motor an batteries are the frame so no need to double up on weight by making a frame and then having to make a battery box an brackets to hold them.

98tls
7th July 2012, 16:37

:niceone:Oustanding work fella.

Dave-
8th July 2012, 17:47
This is always an option too (http://www.engadget.com/2012/07/07/wireless-power-through-4-inch-concrete/)

not sure how it'd go walking across the road with a 10mm spanner in one hand and a 12mm spanner in the other though haha.

totally removing the batteries would be good, but you'd be stuck for parking and going off the beaten track (unless a smaller battery was used?)

OR! BUILD A RACE TRACK WITH IT! rougue, what would the power to weight ratio of your bike be if you didn't have batteries?

bogan
8th July 2012, 22:04
what would the power to weight ratio of your bike be if you didn't have batteries?

The same as my bros when the petrol tank runs out :lol:

So maybe electric is catching up to petrol then! :shifty:

Dave-
8th July 2012, 23:43
The same as my bros when the petrol tank runs out :lol:

So maybe electric is catching up to petrol then! :shifty:

No way! a brushless DC weighs about 25 kilo, stripped down alloy frame maybe 80 kilo? 105kg with 200hp :D :blink: :D bros with an empty tank would be the thick end of 160? 180? and have 0hp haha

No I think the feasibility study for EV that every manufacturer went through started and stopped with "if we dont make one, how will it effect sales"

I dont think EV will be anything more than a brief fad in the car world and a neat project in motorcycle terms.

what are the rego laws for EV bikes? I might build one this summer after I've built my valve amp, stripped the rover V8, rewired a zypher and mucked around with raspberry pi's and micro's for data logging on the race bike...then I might make an EV....lol

bogan
9th July 2012, 09:24
No way! a brushless DC weighs about 25 kilo, stripped down alloy frame maybe 80 kilo? 105kg with 200hp :D :blink: :D bros with an empty tank would be the thick end of 160? 180? and have 0hp haha

No I think the feasibility study for EV that every manufacturer went through started and stopped with "if we dont make one, how will it effect sales"

I dont think EV will be anything more than a brief fad in the car world and a neat project in motorcycle terms.

what are the rego laws for EV bikes? I might build one this summer after I've built my valve amp, stripped the rover V8, rewired a zypher and mucked around with raspberry pi's and micro's for data logging on the race bike...then I might make an EV....lol

:faceplam: I meant neither of them will produce any power at all. There is going to be a lot of weight required to receive the RF power which (similarly to the empty tank) can't just be ignored. Also 150kW received would probably mean over a megawatt? (I can't recall the efficiency, but I'm sure it is pretty shit) being transmitted (and that is assuming only the portion with the bike over it is active). With that sort of power, well, you wouldn't want to ride with a cock piercing...

Personally, I want to hear a lot more about the plans from roguenp which are being realised, than the unrealistic 'what if' ones...

Dave-
9th July 2012, 17:04
:faceplam: I meant neither of them will produce any power at all. There is going to be a lot of weight required to receive the RF power which (similarly to the empty tank) can't just be ignored. Also 150kW received would probably mean over a megawatt? (I can't recall the efficiency, but I'm sure it is pretty shit) being transmitted (and that is assuming only the portion with the bike over it is active). With that sort of power, well, you wouldn't want to ride with a cock piercing...

haha oh right, I get ya, yeah I guess you'd need a sodding big inductor, but you could probably work out a way to build it into the rims or something, my intuition tells me that an inductor would weigh less than batteries, but I might be wrong, I genuinely cbf doing the calcs on that one....

Dave-
9th July 2012, 21:08
http://www.engadget.com/2012/07/08/roskva-electric-motorcycle/

4 to 1 power to weight ratio!

bogan
10th July 2012, 09:16
http://www.engadget.com/2012/07/08/roskva-electric-motorcycle/

4 to 1 power to weight ratio!

If you read closely, quoted weight is only for the frame and bodywork. Do you think you could start another thread for this sort of stuff? I'm sure at least few of us subscribed to this one to hear about updates to roguenp's build, rather than a myriad of other electric bike developments...

Dave-
10th July 2012, 12:54
If you read closely, quoted weight is only for the frame and bodywork. Do you think you could start another thread for this sort of stuff? I'm sure at least few of us subscribed to this one to hear about updates to roguenp's build, rather than a myriad of other electric bike developments...

There's just no pleasing some people huh?

Ah well might as well put kiwibiker (at least the sections not directly related to racing) on hiatus for another 9 months, better things to do than walk the faux pas tight rope, I have a tachometer circuit to finish anyway.

Good luck rougenp, I look forward to reading about batteries and motors in the stressed frame!

imdying
10th July 2012, 14:21
Ah well might as well put kiwibiker (at least the sections not directly related to racing) on hiatus for another 9 months, better things to do than walk the faux pas tight rope, I have a tachometer circuit to finish anyway.Nah fuck it, post up the shit on your tacho circuit... going to need to add one to my logger project at some stage... was planning on an optoisolater on the 12v square wave to the tach, but TBH I'm a software man not a hardware one...

roguenp
22nd September 2012, 09:00
Hey just letting every one know I am selling this bike if anyone is interested contract me by email.
roguedesign@hotmail.com