PDA

View Full Version : Back on two wheels

Ragingrob
30th April 2012, 21:00
Hey all,

Back on two wheels... again... had the zxr750 just for a month towards the end of last year but found it didn't really suit my riding needs these days, bit bulky and what not.

Got sick of slow traffic the past month... again... so went ahead and bought the nicest bike I've ever owned - a gorgeous Yammy TRX850. Absolutely loving the different style of power delivery (only ever owned inline 4s) along with the light flickability it has to offer since I do mainly around town riding at the moment.

Anyway, definitely keen for the odd ride with a few (or more) others if the uni group is still alive and kicking. Enjoy a pic of my new bike in the meantime!

98tls
30th April 2012, 21:18
Nice find fella,very nice indeed.Great bikes the TRX and that one looks like it has been well loved,look after her.

Ragingrob
2nd May 2012, 19:24
Yup... looks like the uni forum is very quiet :psst:

Macontour
2nd May 2012, 21:30
Bike looks really nice and tidy!

Squiggles
3rd May 2012, 14:44
Go flog some bling of Gareth's one :chase:

yod
3rd May 2012, 15:09
Sound good too!

R6_kid
3rd May 2012, 19:55
LOL @ SQUIGGLES AVATAR :eek:

Glad you're enjoying it Rob. I'm trying to convince myself to lend you some fruit off of mine but I just don't like the thought of your bike being nicked with my gear on it!

Haggis2
4th May 2012, 08:34
Nice - now get some loud pipes on it!

Ragingrob
16th May 2012, 19:40
Nice - now get some loud pipes on it!

Debaffled her over the weekend... WHOA!

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

... is all I can say!

:Police:

98tls
16th May 2012, 19:46
Debaffled her over the weekend... WHOA!

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

... is all I can say!

:Police:

How about loading a sound clip up to you tube mate?

98tls
16th May 2012, 19:55
Is it louder than my old Twin?http://youtu.be/oNBDkC-xoXs

Ragingrob
16th May 2012, 20:44

Haha prob not louder than a TL with aftermarkets, but might get around to taking a vid sometime!

98tls
16th May 2012, 20:47
Haha prob not louder than a TL with aftermarkets, but might get around to taking a vid sometime!

Do that mate,havent seen a TRX as nice as that in awhile,way back i came across one at the Hororata rally in Canterbury in perfect nick,i love the things.

Ragingrob
16th May 2012, 20:50
Do that mate,havent seen a TRX as nice as that in awhile,way back i came across one at the Hororata rally in Canterbury in perfect nick,i love the things.

Yup I've been enjoying every second on it so far, even in the good ol' Auckland traffic in the mornings... Loving it :eek:

98tls
16th May 2012, 20:54
Yup I've been enjoying every second on it so far, even in the good ol' Auckland traffic in the mornings... Loving it :eek:

Ive got an oldish bike mag (ive got a gazillon bike mags) that has 2 TRXs owned by a couple in England,both with trick aftermarket frames etc etc.Bloody awesome bikes both of them.

Krayy
29th May 2012, 11:55

Hmm...last time I saw that bike it was sliding across Highway 22 with the rider beside it wishing he'd waited before putting the new cans on :second:

98tls
29th May 2012, 18:51
Hmm...last time I saw that bike it was sliding across Highway 22 with the rider beside it wishing he'd waited before putting the new cans on :second:

Highway 22? Couldnt even tell you where it is let alone say ive slid down it.If you saw one this colour sliding down the road it may well have been TLDV8s,he sent me pics years back of his after an off,from memory it was wet and somewhere near a bridge but it was years ago so who knows,wasnt mine fella i live as far away from the Nth Isle as i possibly can.:niceone:

Krayy
2nd July 2012, 08:55
Highway 22? Couldnt even tell you where it is let alone say ive slid down it.If you saw one this colour sliding down the road it may well have been TLDV8s,he sent me pics years back of his after an off,from memory it was wet and somewhere near a bridge but it was years ago so who knows,wasnt mine fella i live as far away from the Nth Isle as i possibly can.:niceone:
Oops, my bad. Here's TLDV8s post-crash-post: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/34253-Rusty-s-Ridesafe-350-Part-uno?p=725947#post725947

It was slippery, wet and after his off Sparky went to get his van, so TLDV8 and I stood in the rain for about an hour waiting for him, pointing out the slippery bit to other bikers. Then we headed back to the ride organisers for a BBQ. All in all a good day (for most of us) ;-)

ital916
4th September 2012, 09:12
Holy shit, robs back on two wheels, lock up your daughters ladies and gentlemen and cower in fear, the ladykiller is back in town. :scooter:

Ragingrob
4th September 2012, 14:08
Holy shit, robs back on two wheels, lock up your daughters ladies and gentlemen and cower in fear, the ladykiller is back in town. :scooter:

Lol and what about you mate? Riding about?

ital916
8th September 2012, 20:30
Lol and what about you mate? Riding about?

Yeah mate, just gave the gs1200ss a birthday (you should have seen the steering head bearing that was pulled out...yikes)and got a yummy exhaust put on (the stock unit is massive!), went for a ride out to raglan last night, great sunny road riding this morning. SH23 is in ridiculously good condition, the roads are amazing out there!

We should catch up, I wanna see your trx in the flesh.

Ragingrob
10th September 2012, 11:54
Yeah mate, just gave the gs1200ss a birthday (you should have seen the steering head bearing that was pulled out...yikes)and got a yummy exhaust put on (the stock unit is massive!), went for a ride out to raglan last night, great sunny road riding this morning. SH23 is in ridiculously good condition, the roads are amazing out there!

We should catch up, I wanna see your trx in the flesh.

What we need is group ride with the SMC of old... Motorbyclist, PirateJafa, Slyer, Squiggles, Hanne and everybody else I can't think of right now!

Danae
12th September 2012, 10:13
What we need is group ride with the SMC of old... Motorbyclist, PirateJafa, Slyer, Squiggles, Hanne and everybody else I can't think of right now!

Jafa is supposedly restoring his Widowmaker (RD) so once that's done I'm guessing we are going to celebrate with a Coro loop. :D Plus I'm the slowest rider to ever ride slow so I'm going to be TEC otherwise I'll piss everyone off!