PDA

View Full Version : Greetings! (jcarpenter13)

jcarpenter13
2nd May 2012, 17:09
Greetings all! I am a newbie to NZ and have been riding in the US for about 3 years. I ride a Triumph Speedmaster and my husband rides a Harley VRod. We arrived in NZ in February and after waiting for the shipping crate to arrive and then a snafu with MAF "losing" our first inspection paperwork, we finally got our bikes registered today. We can't wait to ride! Now we just have to figure out how you're supposed to attach the "um...not so small?" license to the bikes. There are no holes in the registration plate yet from everything I have read you are not supposed to drill holes in the plates. So how do you attach them??? Magic?? I am all out. Can anyone advise?

We are in the Napier area and look forward to meeting fellow bike enthusiasts as we finally get out on the road.

Quasi
2nd May 2012, 17:27
I just drilled the holes in my plate. Make sure you get them in the right place:innocent:

Spazman727
3rd May 2012, 11:09
My plate almost fell off once so I drilled more holes in it, plus 1 for the wof and rego thingy. The plate has about 5 holes in it now.

nodrog
3rd May 2012, 11:19
You need to go to Mega Mitre 10 and get a bag of license plate holes, they are about $1.38. Just make sure you get plain black ones, as the coloured ones arent LTSA approved.

The Baron
3rd May 2012, 11:25
No problem with drilling holes in number plates here. Have a look around the local bike shop for ideas.

Welcome to NZ and KB.

Spazman727
3rd May 2012, 16:42
[QUOTE=nodrog;1130315929]You need to go to Mega Mitre 10 and get a bag of license plate holes, they are about $1.38. Just make sure you get plain black ones, as the coloured ones arent LTSA approved.[/QUOTE

These are great cos you can use them for your car too. Might pay to get some tyre air while your there too, also works for cars and bikes.

GrayWolf
4th May 2012, 21:44
Greetings all! I am a newbie to NZ and have been riding in the US for about 3 years. I ride a Triumph Speedmaster and my husband rides a Harley VRod. we finally got our bikes registered today. We can't wait to ride! Now we just have to figure out how you're supposed to attach the "um...not so small?" license to the bikes. There are no holes in the registration plate yet from everything I have read you are not supposed to drill holes in the plates. So how do you attach them???
We are in the Napier area and look forward to meeting fellow bike enthusiasts as we finally get out on the road.

Don't forget that you need to have the conversion done to the bikes to make them right hand drive too.