PDA

View Full Version : Gagging for a group ride, and it just kinda happened today

DODO``
5th May 2012, 17:44
right, its been a month since I purchased me new toy and I think I'm quite used to it and when I sit on it it feels 'home' now..
wanted to ride with other cruisers all along ( I know there are KB group rides every Sunday) but never had a chance. I always used to pootle along by myself and so I did today as well,, Rode just past the pukekohe from northshore then turned around to make return journey,, as I was coming on to the on ramp there were this 2 guys in their big harleys,, So I tagged along and they were kind enough to let me join in their ride and had some descent fun riding together from pukekohe to auckland city! haha I really liked it! haha If you guys are reading this thanks! :eek::eek:

skippa1
6th May 2012, 08:27
you call going from the shore to pukekohe and back on the motorway a ride?????:blink:

Road kill
6th May 2012, 09:10
Good thing your getting to know your ride an getting out there.
Next time continue on down to Mercer an the Muddy Waters hotel,it's a good place to bump into other riders taking a break.
If there's nobody of interest there,head on over the river and up the hill to Pukekawa,,,Pukekawa is on the northern end of state highway 22 "west river side" from there you can turn left and head down to Huntly or further on to Raglan.
Or you can turn north an head out to Port Waikato or over the Tuakau bridge into Tuakau and on to either Pukekohe past the race track or through Tuakau,Harrisville and back to the Motorway.
Which ever way,it's a nice area to ride around and has a fair number of other riders enjoying them selves on the weekends.

sil3nt
6th May 2012, 09:58
you call going from the shore to pukekohe and back on the motorway a ride?????:blink:Didn't you see his easter ride video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGdRKGrUrNw

Looked like fun.

haydes55
6th May 2012, 12:04
Good thing your getting to know your ride an getting out there.
Next time continue on down to Mercer an the Muddy Waters hotel,it's a good place to bump into other riders taking a break.
If there's nobody of interest there,head on over the river and up the hill to Pukekawa,,,Pukekawa is on the northern end of state highway 22 "west river side" from there you can turn left and head down to Huntly or further on to Raglan.
Or you can turn north an head out to Port Waikato or over the Tuakau bridge into Tuakau and on to either Pukekohe past the race track or through Tuakau,Harrisville and back to the Motorway.
Which ever way,it's a nice area to ride around and has a fair number of other riders enjoying them selves on the weekends.

But he's on a cruiser. Way too many corners out there!

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?hl=en&amp;safe=off&amp;q=paeroa&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=Pae roa,+Waikato&amp;gl=nz&amp;ll=-37.38215,175.673191&amp;spn=0.07714,0.169086&amp;t=h&amp;z=13&amp; output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?hl=en&amp;safe=off&amp;q=paeroa&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=Pae roa,+Waikato&amp;gl=nz&amp;ll=-37.38215,175.673191&amp;spn=0.07714,0.169086&amp;t=h&amp;z=13&amp; source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

OOOO yea thats the road!!! Nice long straight in the country :msn-wink: A cruiser would cruise the shit out of that road.

The Lone Rider
6th May 2012, 12:22
Hmm... dunno about the group ride but I believe its best practice to put both legs on the ground when the bike comes to a stop. I've seen people get caught by a gust going the wrong way and they topple over. And if you get real unlucky, two legs down might be the difference should there be a small earthquake.

Good luck if it's a big quake though. Those fuckers are hard to ride or hold a bike through.

DODO``
6th May 2012, 12:46
you call going from the shore to pukekohe and back on the motorway a ride?????:blink:

?? huh?

I genuinely don't know what you mean, if its not ride what is??:woohoo:

gatch
6th May 2012, 12:48
Let you join their ride ? Down the motorway ?

What could they have possibly done to stop you ?

Subike
6th May 2012, 12:51
Let you join their ride ? Down the motorway ?

What could they have possibly done to stop you ?

opened the throttle and left him behind??
filtered trough the traffic?
stopped and inspected for the reasons why they found the above impossible, then released they were on H D"S

Zedder
6th May 2012, 17:22
?? huh?

There's a bit of a piss take going on DODO.

To you it's all pretty exciting stuff (new bike etc) to others it's not (been there done that etc) just carry on biking mate.

skippa1
6th May 2012, 19:22
?? huh?

ok......not tryin to give you shit but I have now seen your other posted ride and I see what you are talking about.....:yawn: my view of a ride is miles apart from yours...carry on....as you were....if it fits your skill level then its ok.:niceone:
It would make me sell up and buy a car...sorry man but it looks the pits to me....no challenging corners, motorway traffic, bbbbooooorrrrriiiinnnngggg and dreadfully neutral as far as riding is concerned. Have a look at doing some real kms when you get some more experience, perhaps go to Raglan or Tairua, even Leigh......the motorway is not a ride:blink:its a commute that requires the skill of staying upright, nothing more....:wait:

skippa1
6th May 2012, 19:25
take the saddle bags off too man, unless you are carrying gear for a trip away, they look kind of.................gay:shit:

nzspokes
6th May 2012, 20:04
Just come to SASS.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/117274-South-Auckland-Street-Skills?highlight=sass

You look to be out our way. I will even come ride to the start with you the first time out.

Zamiam
6th May 2012, 20:13
There's a bit of a piss take going on DODO.

To you it's all pretty exciting stuff (new bike etc) to others it's not (been there done that etc) just carry on biking mate.

What he said Dodo - enjoy your ride where ever you are going. Be safe

madbikeboy
6th May 2012, 20:53
Well, I was on the motorway this afternoon when an R1 rider wanted to hold hands - I tried speeding up and slowing down, but he kept bugging me. I was worried he was going to offer to give me his R1 for a ride; so I went really fast to get away from him. Maybe he was related to the OP? :corn:

Latte
6th May 2012, 21:02
I had an old cb1000f or similar tag along after i passed him on the motorway today. He'd been happily trundling along up until that point, guess i woke him up hehe.

6th May 2012, 21:30
Good on you dodo once the new beast feels like home its all good :yes: The first group ride thing is kinda cool aye (I personally try not to ride in groups but on the odd occasion I do I gotta admit that fuck it sounds goooood!) Take care bro.

DODO``
6th May 2012, 21:50
ok......not tryin to give you shit but I have now seen your other posted ride and I see what you are talking about.....:yawn: my view of a ride is miles apart from yours...carry on....as you were....if it fits your skill level then its ok.:niceone:
It would make me sell up and buy a car...sorry man but it looks the pits to me....no challenging corners, motorway traffic, bbbbooooorrrrriiiinnnngggg and dreadfully neutral as far as riding is concerned. Have a look at doing some real kms when you get some more experience, perhaps go to Raglan or Tairua, even Leigh......the motorway is not a ride:blink:its a commute that requires the skill of staying upright, nothing more....:wait:

Seems like the term "ride" I used bothers some people? What do I call it then? commute? lets call it commute then haha I have no issue with that :bleh::bleh: I've been on sports bikes , did auckland to wellington trip , not to mention many track days on Taupo tracks too,, that One video I made doesn't justify my whole motorcycle life. I'm just having fun capturing and editing videos because I can, :2thumbsup not to show off my skills,, I like staying safe on the public road even if that means boring... and I'm sorry I'm just not looking for "challenging corners" on the public road. haha sorry! :bleh: :msn-wink:

Berries
6th May 2012, 22:44
Well, I was on the motorway this afternoon when an R1 rider wanted to hold hands - I tried speeding up and slowing down, but he kept bugging me. I was worried he was going to offer to give me his R1 for a ride; so I went really fast to get away from him. Maybe he was related to the OP?
It might have been Edbear wanting to congratulate you for riding in a straight line.

p.dath
7th May 2012, 07:51
Try going North up to Puhoi. It's a great place to hang out.
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/wiki/Puhoi_Pub_and_Hotel

If you are know your going to go for a ride in the weekend you could also post an event and invite some others along. :)

I think shops like AMPS have regaularly organised rides as well.

DODO``
7th May 2012, 14:22
Try going North up to Puhoi. It's a great place to hang out.
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/wiki/Puhoi_Pub_and_Hotel

If you are know your going to go for a ride in the weekend you could also post an event and invite some others along. :)

I think shops like AMPS have regaularly organised rides as well.

:) super ! :woohoo:

Spazman727
7th May 2012, 15:24

Next time I'm going on a ride I'll give you a text. Puhoi is good, also Scenic drive or to South Head. Roads on the 2nd 2 were in a fairly sad state of repair last time I went on them, South Head a week or so ago. Still fun though.

Be good to have someone else come along since one of my biker mates never seems to want to go on rides anymore.

Maha
7th May 2012, 15:32

If you can get your arse out of bed and be here at Warkworth by 9.30am some time, there is another W.A.R.T Ride in the making, I only give a moments notice....possible 12 hours at a stretch.
But, if you're keen, I can always heads you up earlier?
We only like a handful of bikes and ride pretty much to the speed limit.
Is 390KMs to much for you in a day?

DODO``
7th May 2012, 15:58
Next time I'm going on a ride I'll give you a text. Puhoi is good, also Scenic drive or to South Head. Roads on the 2nd 2 were in a fairly sad state of repair last time I went on them, South Head a week or so ago. Still fun though.

Be good to have someone else come along since one of my biker mates never seems to want to go on rides anymore.

yup sounds good!

If you can get your arse out of bed and be here at Warkworth by 9.30am some time, there is another W.A.R.T Ride in the making, I only give a moments notice....possible 12 hours at a stretch.

yus im keen! 390km in how many hours tho??

Maha
7th May 2012, 16:51
yus im keen! 390km in how many hours tho??

...including a 1 hour lunch stop...6 hours....you'll be home by 4pm.

DODO``
7th May 2012, 19:18
...including a 1 hour lunch stop...6 hours....you'll be home by 4pm.

yup I can do that! yay so which thread should I keep my eye on?

Maha
7th May 2012, 19:25
yup I can do that! yay so which thread should I keep my eye on?

This--->> http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/108877-W-A-R-T

Andy67
7th May 2012, 19:25

Good onya Maha, great to see.

madbikeboy
7th May 2012, 20:37
It might have been Edbear wanting to congratulate you for riding in a straight line.

He was celebrating with the occasional mono, so I must have been riding very straight.