PDA

View Full Version : Dirt time! (dadams)

dadams
5th May 2012, 20:14
Hey there guys and girls!
So I'v just bourght my first bike since I use to ride many, many years ago (some 18 or so years) and being that I have'nt growen much since I was a wee lad (163cm and 65kg) I deciced to pick up a tidy 04 RM100 big wheel.
After having been on a few rides so far on her I have zero complaints, despite all the talk my friends (who I may add dont ride) have said about how its too small and I'l be gutted with th lack of power.. Funny thing with that is that other than top end the two guys I'v riden with on 250's (RM & RMZ) have'nt been able to make an inch on me! So as you could imagine I'm rather stoked!!!

So, that leaves me with my main question, could anybody shead some light on places about the Wellington region to ride? So far I'v done red rocks (south coast) and found that abit meh and the maungakotukutuku vally on the kapati coast, which is kinda more along the lines of the riding I want to get into.. I have seen on silverbullet that there are a fair amount of rides throwen within a few hours drive, but I work on sundays and thats when 98% of them fall, so thats pretty much no help! So if anybody could give a heads up on some sweet spots around the Wellington region I will forever be in your debt!!!

Cheers

Adam:msn-wink: